LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

**Utah Jazz Offseason Thread**

Quote:
The Blazers have targeted Utah’s restricted free agent Wesley Matthews, who played well for the Jazz in 09-10 after going undrafted.
f**kers Trying to pull the same s**t they pulled last year. Don't they have enough guards on that team?

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jun 30, 2010 at 21:27:28 ]
new logos/jerseys again? wtf
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
new logos/jerseys again? wtf

We've had these for about 6 years now I think so its time especially since the current ones sucked. The new ones are more like our retro jerseys so I'm not complaining.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Quote:
The Blazers have targeted Utah’s restricted free agent Wesley Matthews, who played well for the Jazz in 09-10 after going undrafted.
f**kers Trying to pull the same s**t they pulled last year. Don't they have enough guards on that team?

At some point we have to call their bluff. Matthews is a system guy anyways.

I'd much rather have Boozer than Milsap, and I wish we just let him slip him away to Portland.
Quote:

Leave Wes alone!! Ugh. This FA is going to be tough for Jazz fans. We're always so conservative minus the year we got Boozer and Okur
From Chad Ford's twitter:
Quote:
My predictions (subject to change): Bron & Johnson in Chi; Wade & Bosh in Mia; Amare & Gay in NJ; Dirk in Dallas; Boozer in NY; Lee in Utah

Personally I hate to have David Lee his defense is worse then Boozer's and isn't much of the shot blocking center we need.

I don't like that at all. I just think Ford is making random predictions and hoping something actually happens. The rumor that interests me most is a sign and trade of boozer to Orlando. We could land Gortat, Bass and/or Pietrus.

Rumor: Boozer to Orlando
Originally posted by saniner:
Quote:
My predictions (subject to change): Bron & Johnson in Chi; Wade & Bosh in Mia; Amare & Gay in NJ; Dirk in Dallas; Boozer in NY; Lee in Utah

Personally I hate to have David Lee his defense is worse then Boozer's and isn't much of the shot blocking center we need.

I don't like that at all. I just think Ford is making random predictions and hoping something actually happens. The rumor that interests me most is a sign and trade of boozer to Orlando. We could land Gortat, Bass and/or Pietrus.

That would be interesting for sure I'm not really high on Pietrus except he does play good defense, but Gortat is the kind of center we need and Bass is an ok backup forward. Not great but decent. Getting Pietrus would also open the door up for AK to be traded.

I heard about this as well:
Quote:
@WojYahooNBA G-State restricted free agent Anthony Morrow has slew of interest, including Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Blazers, Clips and Jazz, sources say.

I would love to have Morrow on this team the guy is a game changer and would make us quickly forget about Kyle.

[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jul 1, 2010 at 09:33:17 ]
Quote:

That would be interesting for sure I'm not really high on Pietrus except he does play good defense, but Gortat is the kind of center we need and Bass is an ok backup forward. Not great but decent. Getting Pietrus would also open the door up for AK to be traded.

I heard about this as well:
Quote:
@WojYahooNBA G-State restricted free agent Anthony Morrow has slew of interest, including Spurs, Celtics, Lakers, Blazers, Clips and Jazz, sources say.

I would love to have Morrow on this team the guy is a game changer and would make us quickly forget about Kyle.

We could possibly use the TPE in a sign and trade for Morrow. I would love for us to have him here. He would fit in so well with our system.

As for the Orlando trade, I would love to get Gortat and Bass. We get our center, and we can either move Bass or have him backup Millsap. I'd personally rather move him and have AK play at the 4 behind Millsap
If we lose Boozer I wonder what we do. Do we go after another PF? Or do we go for a Center and move AK back to the 4...
If we lose Boozer I wonder what we do. Do we go after another PF? Or do we go for a Center and move AK back to the 4...

Who is this Center you making mention of?

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Nobody in particular. I would say Haywood but he's asking for far too much money. Maybe in a trade? I really don't know
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Fesenko is probably a lock to be back so we're looking at him and Doufos until we get Okur back. Other then that theres not much out there. Haywood won't come here so I could see us going after Brad Miller or Jermaine O'Neal although I doubt they would be interested in playing in Utah. Haslem, David Lee and Scola could get interest from us as well for PF.
Quote:
The Heat are having "backburner" sign-and-trade talks with the Jazz about free agent Carlos Boozer.
The Heat would likely be offering Michael Beasley and possibly Jermaine O'Neal to get a deal done. They'd also be asking for Kyle Korver. Of course, dominoes like Boozer aren't going to fall until Dwyane Wade and LeBron James make their decision

This would be an interesting trade if we can get Beasley and O'Neal. O'Neal isn't great anymore but he can offer something down low and block some shots. Beasley is always a question mark though.
[ Edited by NinerFanMT on Jul 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM ]
Hayward has been playing pretty good in the first 2 games. Hasn't put up huge numbers but decent numbers nevertheless. James Augustine has been a great surprise though and looks like he's outplaying Doufus a ton and may be a nice backup for Millsap.
Hayward has been playing pretty good in the first 2 games. Hasn't put up huge numbers but decent numbers nevertheless. James Augustine has been a great surprise though and looks like he's outplaying Doufus a ton and may be a nice backup for Millsap.

The three guys that have impressed most are Hayward, Augustine, and Evans. If Evans can add weight and work on his offense in the paint, he can be a guy who contributes in a year or two. He has been doing exactly what they said he would, block shots.

Augustine had a poor second game, but he still is looking better then Kosta. He has better hands and is aggressive going after the boards.

Hayward is a guy I'm warming to. He's a mix between Harpring and AK. Like harpring he works well off the ball getting open, and is a better shooter. He handles the ball well like AK, maybe better, but lacks the defense of both. He has the athleticism, but it will take him a lot of time.

Also, I think once Hayward works with DWill, he'll look a lot better. Gaines is not nearly as good of a passer and Hayward hardly sees passes go his way
Share 49ersWebzone