LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Soccer Transfers and Transfer Rumors

Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by foreign49er:
LINK

Fabregas is pretty much already gone.

Nah, I dont think Barca will match Arsenal's asking price ... not after buying Villa and being over 400 billion Euro in debt.

I think he stays for another season.

I hope you're right, I don't think anybody is ready to step in and take his place right now. If Barca find the money somewhere though, I think it'll be too tempting for Arsenal to deny.
  • dman
  • Veteran
LINK

Nah, I dont think Barca will match Arsenal's asking price ... not after buying Villa and being over 400 billion Euro in debt.

I hope you're right, I don't think anybody is ready to step in and take his place right now. If Barca find the money somewhere though, I think it'll be too tempting for Arsenal to deny.

Ya Im mnot sure what we would do if hes sold.

Assuming no players come back in the deal (most likely the case), I think we should bid for Gourcuff to take his spot.
LINK

Ya Im mnot sure what we would do if hes sold.

Assuming no players come back in the deal (most likely the case), I think we should bid for Gourcuff to take his spot.

That would be a nice trade-off but I think if we make a bid on Gourcuff City or Real will match it and offer him a contract he can't refuse. It'll have to be somebody a bit under the radar, I trust Wenger though.
[ Edited by foreign49er on May 25, 2010 at 11:42 AM ]
Mourinho wants Chiellini at Real Madrid. Juve will be stupid to sell the following players: Chiellini, Diego, Marchisio, and Iaquinta.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
If Fabregas doesnt wanna be at Arsenal anymore and wants to play for Barcelona, they will figure out a way to do it.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Angel Di Maria has not been sold to Real yet...phew! I really like Di Maria and I hope Real can't get him.

I really like Cesc but I don't understand why Barca wants him THIS YEAR. They have Xavi and Iniesta at CM - so Cesc will be on bench for quite a few games. They could move Iniesta outside, but they have Messi and Pedro outside at the wing...plus, Villa will be playin' outside if they keep Ibra at CF.

Also, they have Basquets and Toure at Mid-field, and couple really good young players who need to get playin' time or they will leave. It makes no sense to bring Cesc while Xavi is still performing at a high level.
Well the other soccer thread was locked so I guess Ill post this here.

Cesare Prandelli of Fiorentina has been nominated to succeed Marcello Lippi as the national coach of Italy. I LOVE the move, he has been great for Fiorentina.

Any opinions from you guys on the hire?
Adriano going back to Italy

ROMA
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Well the other soccer thread was locked so I guess Ill post this here.

Cesare Prandelli of Fiorentina has been nominated to succeed Marcello Lippi as the national coach of Italy. I LOVE the move, he has been great for Fiorentina.

Any opinions from you guys on the hire?

theres a new soccer thread.
Manchester City going after Edin Dzeko

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

City could have had anybody that they wanted had they qualified for Champions league.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

City could have had anybody that they wanted had they qualified for Champions league.

Yeup, had they finished in top 4 - I'm positive they could have gotten Torres and Joe Cole - maybe even Kaka.
Barca Open Talks for Fabregas

Xavi Confident

I'll continue to wear nothing but Arsenal gear until the World Cup starts. We Arsenal fans need to stick together right now, the sale of Fabregas and his replacement are absolutely vital for the success of this club. It's dark, dark times but in Wenger I trust.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Barca Open Talks for Fabregas

Xavi Confident

I'll continue to wear nothing but Arsenal gear until the World Cup starts. We Arsenal fans need to stick together right now, the sale of Fabregas and his replacement are absolutely vital for the success of this club. It's dark, dark times but in Wenger I trust.

Quote:
Arsenal turn down Barca offer for Fabregas

Arsenal Football Club have today released the following statement about Cesc Fabregas:

"Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas is under contract with the Club until the summer of 2015. He is a highly-valued member of the team and part of our future plans.

"We have followed recent speculation linking Cesc with a move away from the Club but as there has never been any official approach for him, only two informal exchanges, in which we made it abundantly clear that we have no interest in transferring Cesc, we have refrained from publicly passing comment. However, yesterday evening we received an offer from Barcelona for Cesc and in response, we immediately and resolutely told them once again that we have no intention of selling our captain.

"To be clear, we will not make any kind of counterproposal or enter into any discussion. Barcelona have publicly stated that they will respect our position and we expect that they will keep their word."

F*** Off Barca!
  • dman
  • Veteran
Quote:
Joe Cole 'to join Arsenal on free transfer after signing three-year deal'
Joe Cole could be on the verge of making a shock move from Chelsea to Arsenal on a free transfer after rumours emerged today he has signed a three-year contract at the Emirates Stadium.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/828929-joe-cole-to-join-arsenal-on-free-transfer-after-signing-three-year-deal

For what its worth ...
Share 49ersWebzone