LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Soccer Transfers and Transfer Rumors

Goodbye Gallas, anybody want him for 80,000 a week? Man City?

LINK
[ Edited by foreign49er on May 15, 2010 at 11:14 AM ]
Best place for transfer gossip is often the BBC sport page, they hardly ever come off but we can all speculate:
BBC Transfer Gossip
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Wow, heard rumors of Toulalan, Gourcuff, Mertesacker and "a top class keeper" for Arsenal. That would be quite an off-season for the gunners.

toulalan and gourcuff alone would make Arsenal an even bigger threat.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Wow, heard rumors of Toulalan, Gourcuff, Mertesacker and "a top class keeper" for Arsenal. That would be quite an off-season for the gunners.

Would be amazing but theres no way.

Most likely it will just be Chamakh and a couple of unknown youngsters.

Goodbye Gallas, anybody want him for 80,000 a year? Man City?

LINK

80,000 a week...
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Goodbye Gallas, anybody want him for 80,000 a year? Man City?

LINK

80,000 a week...

my bad.
Originally posted by dman:

Would be amazing but theres no way.

Most likely it will just be Chamakh and a couple of unknown youngsters.

I have seen a few reports of the Toulalan rumor and he would be a perfect fit in Wenger's system. I wouldn't be surprised to see him, Chamakh, Hangeland, and a keeper arrive this year. I doubt Arsenal get Gourcuff though, he's too high profile for the big boys to let him slide to Arsenal.
Thierry Henry to Red Bulls.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:

I know!!! Hopefully he will bring something to MLS because they need it. Beckham didn't do much

that was probably the worst kept secret this season. lol. Raul and Del Piero might go too.

that was probably the worst kept secret this season. lol. Raul and Del Piero might go too.

Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

BUT Del Piero wont go til at least 2011.

whatever, I would love to watch Del Piero in the US, he was one of my favorites to watch on the Italian national team and boy was he a pest for Juv

whatever, I would love to watch Del Piero in the US, he was one of my favorites to watch on the Italian national team and boy was he a pest for Juv

I remember the first time I saw him play when I was 10 or 11...I was AMAZED. definitely one of my faves. but me being a Juve fan, watching the games this season, hes lost some of his speed.

I remember the first time I saw him play when I was 10 or 11...I was AMAZED. definitely one of my faves. but me being a Juve fan, watching the games this season, hes lost some of his speed.

Juv in general is a rather aged team. I've always liked them because they had a lot of classic italian nationals on the team, but I've been rooting for Milan ever since Pirlo arrived in 2001. By far my favorite Italian player.

But definitely, Piero was a spunky little player to watch and at one time a world great, its great to have these aging European stars outside Beckham, it will gradually raise the level of the MLS until real players want to play here.
[ Edited by IdentityCrisis on May 16, 2010 at 12:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone