Soccer Transfers and Transfer Rumors

Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Mesut Ozil es un Galactico

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/08/17/real.madrid.mesut.oezil.bremen/?hpt=Sbin#fbid=TC5CkeXdeb-&wom=false

Real will be filthy this year

Barca is still the best team in la liga - imho. They were the best team last year and they added David Villa.

Yet it took them til the very end to win the thing. If Real can mesh together quickly, I think they got this.

Exactly

And don't forget Ronaldo was injured .. but anyway its gonna be a tight 2 team race.

Indeed

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/08/17/real.madrid.mesut.oezil.bremen/?hpt=Sbin#fbid=TC5CkeXdeb-&wom=false

Barca is still the best team in la liga - imho. They were the best team last year and they added David Villa.

Yet it took them til the very end to win the thing. If Real can mesh together quickly, I think they got this.

Yea...but Barca added David Villa - who is probably the best acquisition of this entire transfer period as far as THIS year is concerned (at least in La Liga). Not to mention - Bojan and Pedro will be much better than last year - same with Busquets.

With Ibra out of sorts last year - I expect a pretty good year from him if he stays. If he leaves - even better - Barca can get couple of guys who fit their scheme much better.

It will be a close race - but Barca is still the best team.

Yea...but Barca added David Villa - who is probably the best acquisition of this entire transfer period as far as THIS year is concerned (at least in La Liga). Not to mention - Bojan and Pedro will be much better than last year - same with Busquets.

With Ibra out of sorts last year - I expect a pretty good year from him if he stays. If he leaves - even better - Barca can get couple of guys who fit their scheme much better.

Meh I like Real's transfers a lot more overall by a wiiiiiiide margin
It's all speculation now so we'll see how it all turns out

I'll just post what former Real Madrid defensive star said recently - which is echoed by many experts:

Helguera commented: “Oezil had a good World Cup, but I do not know if he will fit in at Madrid. You cannot sign a midfielder every year, like Kaka, [Sergio] Canales, [Rafael] van der Vaart, there are too many.

“I don’t think that Ricardo Carvalho needs to be a Real Madrid player now.”

I'll just post what former Real Madrid defensive star said recently - which is echoed by many experts:

Helguera commented: “Oezil had a good World Cup, but I do not know if he will fit in at Madrid. You cannot sign a midfielder every year, like Kaka, [Sergio] Canales, [Rafael] van der Vaart, there are too many.

Like I said, it's all speculation at this point. Ya'll won by 3 points with Ronaldo and Kaka missing a lot of time.

Those quotes don't really say anything of substance. "I do not know...", "I don't think..."

[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Aug 19, 2010 at 21:25:13 ]

Like I said, it's all speculation at this point. Ya'll won by 3 points with Ronaldo and Kaka missing a lot of time.

Those quotes don't really say anything of substance. "I do not know...", "I don't think..."

Ronaldo played in 29 games - he usually plays around 33. Iniesta played fewer games. So, I'm not buying the Ronaldo being injured claim.

Kaka played 25 and he usually plays around 30, but I can buy that since he didn't look 100% in some of the games he did play in.

I think what Helguero is trying to say is - Real Madrid is going out and getting all these players - which hurts the chemistry. You've to give playing time to all these stars and you can't have a continuity in practice or on the pitch.

Barca on the other hand have players mostly who came from their farm system, which helps them tremendously.

But yea...I can't wait for the season to start. For me, La Liga is a lot of fun to watch than every other league - I do like EPL a lot too.
finally after so many months of rumors...Krasic to Juve!

Ronaldo played in 29 games - he usually plays around 33. Iniesta played fewer games. So, I'm not buying the Ronaldo being injured claim.

Kaka played 25 and he usually plays around 30, but I can buy that since he didn't look 100% in some of the games he did play in.

I think what Helguero is trying to say is - Real Madrid is going out and getting all these players - which hurts the chemistry. You've to give playing time to all these stars and you can't have a continuity in practice or on the pitch.

Barca on the other hand have players mostly who came from their farm system, which helps them tremendously.

But yea...I can't wait for the season to start. For me, La Liga is a lot of fun to watch than every other league - I do like EPL a lot too.

Mourinho is getting who he wants though, I'm sure he'll make it work. But for sure, it's definitely the league I enjoy watching most... sucks they hardly ever broadcast La Liga games here in the states though. I usually gotta chase down links.

Mourinho is getting who he wants though, I'm sure he'll make it work. But for sure, it's definitely the league I enjoy watching most... sucks they hardly ever broadcast La Liga games here in the states though. I usually gotta chase down links.

Mourinho is a good coach but a little over-rated. He almost lost the Champions League Semis to Barca in the second leg by playing a very very defensive game. If it wasn't for a bad (hand-ball) call - Inter would have gone home.

What Mourinho has to realize - he has a really good attacking Real team and if he tries to mold them into a defensive team - it will be a big mistake. La Liga is not like EPL or Serie A. I don't remember when was the last time a defensive team won a La Liga title. You gotta score a lot of goals in La Liga because the passing, speed, and up and down game in La Liga is unmatched. You can't defend just by playing defense. In La Liga - offense is the best defense often.
  • dman
  • Veteran

Mourinho is a good coach but a little over-rated. He almost lost the Champions League Semis to Barca in the second leg by playing a very very defensive game. If it wasn't for a bad (hand-ball) call - Inter would have gone home.

What Mourinho has to realize - he has a really good attacking Real team and if he tries to mold them into a defensive team - it will be a big mistake. La Liga is not like EPL or Serie A. I don't remember when was the last time a defensive team won a La Liga title. You gotta score a lot of goals in La Liga because the passing, speed, and up and down game in La Liga is unmatched. You can't defend just by playing defense. In La Liga - offense is the best defense often.

Uhh, no shame in "almost" losing to Barca.

He has two champs league titles and one was with freakin Porto ... Id take him but ya not sure how he will fit in at Real.
Originally posted by dman:

Uhh, no shame in "almost" losing to Barca.

He has two champs league titles and one was with freakin Porto ... Id take him but ya not sure how he will fit in at Real.

I'm just saying - that was a stupid game-plan with a 3-1 advantage going into second leg and it almost cost them. It's not like anyone would confused the Inter defenders with Sevilla defenders. Inter has one of the best defense in all of Europe and Mourinho put them at huge disadvantage by having every single player on defense.