LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

Soccer Transfers and Transfer Rumors

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dman:
Part of me wants Arsenal to sell Fabregas to Real Madrid ... just for the humor of it.

They could try, but Cesc won't go there. It will be actually funny Real paying 40 mil for him and then have to trade disgruntled Cesc after a year. Kind of like what Arsenal will do next season for much less than 40 mil to Barca.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Part of me wants Arsenal to sell Fabregas to Real Madrid ... just for the humor of it.

They could try, but Cesc won't go there. It will be actually funny Real paying 40 mil for him and then have to trade disgruntled Cesc after a year. Kind of like what Arsenal will do next season for much less than 40 mil to Barca.

Originally posted by foreign49er:
Arsenal Offer Shwarczer Player-Coach Role

I wouldn't mind that one bit. He'd be a great influence on Fabianski.

...Better than Almunia at the very least.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Arsenal Offer Shwarczer Player-Coach Role

I wouldn't mind that one bit. He'd be a great influence on Fabianski.

...Better than Almunia at the very least.

true
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

You really think Fab will be at his very best this season if he stays with Arsenal? His value will not be more than Barca's final offer which will be 40-45 million max. What Arsenal should do, get barca to add a young player with that deal.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jul 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM ]

You really think Fab will be at his very best this season if he stays with Arsenal? His value will not be more than Barca's final offer which will be 40-45 million max. What Arsenal should do, hey barca to add a young player with that deal.

They will buy him for whatever Wenger says he's worth.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

You really think Fab will be at his very best this season if he stays with Arsenal? His value will not be more than Barca's final offer which will be 40-45 million max. What Arsenal should do, hey barca to add a young player with that deal.

We'll see. Fab will eventually force Arsenal. Problem is Arsenal doesn't have the team to win the league... and if that continues star players will leave
  • dman
  • Veteran

We'll see. Fab will eventually force Arsenal. Problem is Arsenal doesn't have the team to win the league... and if that continues star players will leave

Players want to leave all the time and dont becuase the team doesnt have to sell them (Drogba, Gerrard, etc. x 1000) ... even Arsenal waited to sell Viera.

This is nothing new.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Players want to leave all the time and dont becuase the team doesnt have to sell them (Drogba, Gerrard, etc. x 1000) ... even Arsenal waited to sell Viera.

This is nothing new.

That may very well be true but this is a diff. situation. Fab wants to go back to his home country and his home club. Whether Wenger likes it or not, Fab will go back to Barca now or in couple of years.

If Wenger was smart, he would have traded Fab for 35 mil and couple of good prospects from Barca and re-developed his squad. I like Arsenal in EPL and usually root for them except against Liverpool...and their current squad is not going to take them anywhere. They don't even look like qualifying for Champions League next year with Man City adding so many good players and Arsenal's captain is going to be disgruntled player.

I'm not arguing that he'll leave if he has a bad season, but he'll either go for top dollar or he won't go at all. There's no way Wenger just lets him walk out the door because he had a bad season.

Arshavin Trying to Lure Akinfeev to the Emirates

Please Wenger, spend whatever it takes to get Akinfeev.
  • dman
  • Veteran

I dont know much about this guy but its to the point I dont even care I just want any keeper.
Kaka/Ibra swap?

I dont know much about this guy but its to the point I dont even care I just want any keeper.

24 years old, been the CSKA starter since he was 18 and the Russian National team #1 for a few years. Very, very solid keeper.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Kaka/Ibra swap?

although this is obviously just a story for a slow news day, this would be awesome if it were to happen. Barca would be unstoppable for the next 2 or 3 years and Fab would no longer be coming to the Camp Nou until Xavi couldnt do it anymore.
Share 49ersWebzone