LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

***Orlando Magic Offseason Thread***

• jrg
  • Veteran
Barnes sits practice with back spasms

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Magic forward Matt Barnes has missed practice because of back spasms but expects to start Sunday in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference finals against Boston.

Barnes said after Saturday's practice that he feels pain in the lower-left side of his back. The injury recently flared up after first occurring in Game 3 of the Magic's second-round sweep of Atlanta.

Orlando's defensive stopper is expected to switch off Paul Pierce and guard Boston's Ray Allen in Sunday's opener. Magic coach Stan Van Gundy had announced those plans before Barnes was injured, saying Barnes was better suited to chase Allen on the perimeter.

Barnes plans to arrive at the arena early to receive treatment on his back.

Link
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I don't know if I really like the Carter/Barnes switch. Barnes is a better rebounder then Carter and with Allen frequently throwing up 3's, I think it may get Barnes away from the basket a little more.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
I love how the C's matchup vs. Orlando.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
LOL. I think D12 is #1 on my "list of athletes I'd like to go to a club with". That dude has personality for days.

Shaq is my #1

I don't really think Dwight is funny.
[ Edited by crzy on May 15, 2010 at 6:45 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
My favorite Dwight story is the rumor that he whipped it out for Mary Carey

http://sportsbybrooks.com/dwight-howard-shows-mary-carey-his-magic-wand-26817
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
D12 wears too much pink for me. He seems like he'd be a regular at the Blue Oyster.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SLICK:
D12 wears too much pink for me. He seems like he'd be a regular at the Blue Oyster.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
LOL. I think D12 is #1 on my "list of athletes I'd like to go to a club with". That dude has personality for days.

Shaq is my #1

See i think if you were at a club with Shaq, tons of girls would come over but Shaq would want them all. But with Howard, he seems like more of a nicer guy and would be like to the girls "hey have you met my friend Kalen?" and let me at some of the girls
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Shaq is my #1

See i think if you were at a club with Shaq, tons of girls would come over but Shaq would want them all. But with Howard, he seems like more of a nicer guy and would be like to the girls "hey have you met my friend Kalen?" and let me at some of the girls

And then Dwight would whip it out giggidy
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Well we now know who the reporter was that made Dwight blush.

Didn't you say that Orlando was a crappy matchup for Boston like 4 days ago?!? Did crzy steal your password or something?

For the record, I've always liked how Boston matches up with Orlando as well. Enough size to at least contend with D12, and they're good at closing out on shooters. That said...Orlando in 7.
boston in 6
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

Didn't you say that Orlando was a crappy matchup for Boston like 4 days ago?!? Did crzy steal your password or something?

For the record, I've always liked how Boston matches up with Orlando as well. Enough size to at least contend with D12, and they're good at closing out on shooters. That said...Orlando in 7.

LOL. I did. Then I started to think about it a little. The 2 matchups I like are KG/Lewis and Rondo/whoever. The 2 of them gave fits to Cleveland, and I don't think Orlando can fair much better.

I think Perkins needs to limit his fouls against D12. He's done a GREAT job playing him in the past, basically 1-on-1. We'll see, I like the C's in 6.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Todays the day!
[ Edited by jrg on May 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone