There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010 NBA Playoff Thread (Magic vs. Celtics/Lakers vs. Suns)

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by crzy:
The Thunder upsetting the Lakers is impossible. The only real challenge the Lakers have in the West is Dallas, but Dirk will choke when it counts the most.

All these teams like the Bobcats, Bucks, Thunder are being overrated by analysts looking for a trendy underdog. This isn't the NCAA tournament. The most talented teams win in the NBA playoffs.

It's going to be a Lebron vs Kobe Finals.

Were you saying the same thing when your Warriors did the unthinkable in 2007?

No, because the Mavericks were a bunch of pussies. And it was obvious that they were no match for the Warriors athletically or physically. Some upsets are obvious and that was one everyone could see coming.

And did I mention that Dirk is a p***y?


True.

I was a situational Warriors fan that year. I f**king hate the Mavs.

What about the Nuggets beating the Sonics? That one shocked me.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by crzy:
The Thunder upsetting the Lakers is impossible. The only real challenge the Lakers have in the West is Dallas, but Dirk will choke when it counts the most.

All these teams like the Bobcats, Bucks, Thunder are being overrated by analysts looking for a trendy underdog. This isn't the NCAA tournament. The most talented teams win in the NBA playoffs.

It's going to be a Lebron vs Kobe Finals.

Were you saying the same thing when your Warriors did the unthinkable in 2007?

No, because the Mavericks were a bunch of pussies. And it was obvious that they were no match for the Warriors athletically or physically. Some upsets are obvious and that was one everyone could see coming.

And did I mention that Dirk is a p***y?


True.

I was a situational Warriors fan that year. I f**king hate the Mavs.

What about the Nuggets beating the Sonics? That one shocked me.

That doesn't count. That was best of 5. So much easier to steal 3 games lol.
Who the hell can predict the West champions?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,183
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by TX9R:
. He's accomplished more at his age than anyone I can remember as a lead guy.

Lebron accomplished way more at 21. He almost took the Cavs to the Eastern Conference Finals.

KD hasn't had his shot yet. Youngest scoring champ ever and taking his team to 50 wins in a West that every PO team has 50 is more impressive the LBJ taking his team to the 2nd round in a terrible East that year. There were literally 3 good teams. They beat the Wizards and that's it. If OKC beats the Lakers it will be far more impressive.
The Hollinger kiss of death: the Spurs are first-round fodder.
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by crzy:
The Thunder upsetting the Lakers is impossible. The only real challenge the Lakers have in the West is Dallas, but Dirk will choke when it counts the most.

All these teams like the Bobcats, Bucks, Thunder are being overrated by analysts looking for a trendy underdog. This isn't the NCAA tournament. The most talented teams win in the NBA playoffs.

It's going to be a Lebron vs Kobe Finals.
Originally posted by dobophile:
The Hollinger kiss of death: the Spurs are first-round fodder.

RIP.

Seriously though, I don't think the Spurs are doomed by any means, but Hollinger has zero comprehension of matchups. I thought he "got it" last year after the Cavalier team that he's been pimping for the last 3 years went up against Orlando and he wrote an article after Game 1 last year realizing that (gasp!) Orlando was a bad matchup for them. Apparently he hasn't and still relies on a formula that accounts for how much you beat Sacramento by 10 games ago...as though that has any relevance in a playoff series against one team.

ALL that matters in the playoffs in how teams matchup. And I'm pretty sure that Dallas was the last team that Spurs fans wanted to face for exactly that reason.
My first round predictions

Cavaliers 61-21 (1)

vs.

Bulls 41-41 (8)

Cavs in 4

Celtics 50-32 (4)

vs.

Heat 47-35 (5)

Celtics in 6

Hawks 53-29 (3)

vs.

Bucks 46-36 (6)

Atlanta in 4

Magic 59-23 (2)

vs.

Bobcats 44-38 (7)

Magic in 4

Western Conference

Lakers 57-25 (1)

vs.

Thunder 50-32 (8)

Lakers in 6


Jazz 53-29(4)

vs.

Nuggets 53-29 (5)

Nuggets in 5

Suns 54-28 (3)

vs.

Trail Blazers 50-32 (6)

Suns in 4


Mavericks 55-27 (2)

vs.

Spurs 50-32 (7)

Spurs in 7
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by dobophile:
The Hollinger kiss of death: the Spurs are first-round fodder.

RIP.

Seriously though, I don't think the Spurs are doomed by any means, but Hollinger has zero comprehension of matchups. I thought he "got it" last year after the Cavalier team that he's been pimping for the last 3 years went up against Orlando and he wrote an article after Game 1 last year realizing that (gasp!) Orlando was a bad matchup for them. Apparently he hasn't and still relies on a formula that accounts for how much you beat Sacramento by 10 games ago...as though that has any relevance in a playoff series against one team.

ALL that matters in the playoffs in how teams matchup. And I'm pretty sure that Dallas was the last team that Spurs fans wanted to face for exactly that reason.

Dallas is scary. So is Phoenix. And so is LA.

If the Spurs want to win a title, they'll probably have to beat all three.
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
I dont see any lower seeded teams winning in the first round.
Originally posted by dman:
I dont see any lower seeded teams winning in the first round.

Agreed. The Spurs have the best chance of all of them, IMO.
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by dman:
I dont see any lower seeded teams winning in the first round.

Agreed. The Spurs have the best chance of all of them, IMO.

Is Utah or Denver the 4 seed?

Either way I like Utah.
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by dman:
I dont see any lower seeded teams winning in the first round.

Agreed. The Spurs have the best chance of all of them, IMO.

Is Utah or Denver the 4 seed?

Either way I like Utah.

Denver's the #4.
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by dman:
I dont see any lower seeded teams winning in the first round.

Agreed. The Spurs have the best chance of all of them, IMO.

Is Utah or Denver the 4 seed?

Either way I like Utah.

Only way I see that happening is if AK returns and Boozer plays well through his muscle strain.
Charlotte vs Oklahoma in the Finals
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com