Originally posted by dobophile:
The Hollinger kiss of death: the Spurs are first-round fodder.
RIP.
Seriously though, I don't think the Spurs are doomed by any means, but Hollinger has zero comprehension of matchups. I thought he "got it" last year after the Cavalier team that he's been pimping for the last 3 years went up against Orlando and he wrote an article after Game 1 last year realizing that (gasp!) Orlando was a bad matchup for them.
Apparently he hasn't and still relies on a formula that accounts for how much you beat Sacramento by 10 games ago...as though that has any relevance in a playoff series against one team. ALL that matters in the playoffs in how teams matchup. And I'm pretty sure that Dallas was the last team that Spurs fans wanted to face for exactly that reason.
Cavaliers 61-21 (1)
Bulls 41-41 (8)
Celtics 50-32 (4)
Heat 47-35 (5)
Hawks 53-29 (3)
Bucks 46-36 (6)
Magic 59-23 (2)
Bobcats 44-38 (7)
Lakers 57-25 (1)
Thunder 50-32 (8)
Jazz 53-29(4)
Nuggets 53-29 (5)
Suns 54-28 (3)
Trail Blazers 50-32 (6)
Mavericks 55-27 (2)
Spurs 50-32 (7)