There are 681 users in the forums
All TIME MLB Draft: BirdmanJr is UP. Fincham11 is ON DECK
Apr 7, 2010 at 7:44 PM
- Fincham11
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,687
Can't wait til' my pick
Apr 7, 2010 at 7:45 PM
- YourHuckleberry
- Member
- Posts: 5,107
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Can't wait til' my pick
You're gonna have to wait about 5 days.
Apr 7, 2010 at 7:46 PM
- ninerlifer
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,237
ninerjohn knew we only needed one more player before draft time...he'll be here maybe in the am
Apr 7, 2010 at 7:47 PM
- Fincham11
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,687
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:Originally posted by Fincham11:
Can't wait til' my pick
You're gonna have to wait about 5 days.
I hope not.
Apr 7, 2010 at 7:59 PM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
IIRC, Bonds has the best single season, era-adjusted OPS of all-time. I probably would have taken him first too.
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM
- ninerlifer
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,237
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
IIRC, Bonds has the best single season, era-adjusted OPS of all-time. I probably would have taken him first too.
I was hoping for him at 4

Ruth works though
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:12 PM
- itlynstalyn
- Veteran
- Posts: 38,533
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
IIRC, Bonds has the best single season, era-adjusted OPS of all-time. I probably would have taken him first too.
Yeah, you're definitely on point. He set the walks record and home run record in the same year I think.
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:19 PM
- LA9erFan
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,021
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:Originally posted by LA9erFan:
IIRC, Bonds has the best single season, era-adjusted OPS of all-time. I probably would have taken him first too.
Yeah, you're definitely on point. He set the walks record and home run record in the same year I think.
And I don't remember if it was the same season that you're referring to, but I know he had an OB% of over .600 once. That's some video game s**t right there.
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:20 PM
- JustinMT
- Veteran
- Posts: 45,668
Does this take in account how the players are on defense as well or is it just offense?
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:21 PM
- pantstickle
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 3,598
Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by itlynstalyn:Originally posted by LA9erFan:
IIRC, Bonds has the best single season, era-adjusted OPS of all-time. I probably would have taken him first too.
Yeah, you're definitely on point. He set the walks record and home run record in the same year I think.
And I don't remember if it was the same season that you're referring to, but I know he had an OB% of over .600 once. That's some video game s**t right there.
It's like he had some huge game help or something.
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:21 PM
- valrod33
- Hall of Small
- Posts: 138,120
Barry Bonds should be the number 1 player taken in this.
he walks, hits for average, hits homeruns, drives in runs, steals bases, and played gold glove defense.
he walks, hits for average, hits homeruns, drives in runs, steals bases, and played gold glove defense.
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:25 PM
- YourHuckleberry
- Member
- Posts: 5,107
Originally posted by pantstickle:Originally posted by LA9erFan:Originally posted by itlynstalyn:Originally posted by LA9erFan:
IIRC, Bonds has the best single season, era-adjusted OPS of all-time. I probably would have taken him first too.
Yeah, you're definitely on point. He set the walks record and home run record in the same year I think.
And I don't remember if it was the same season that you're referring to, but I know he had an OB% of over .600 once. That's some video game s**t right there.
It's like he had some huge game help or something.
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:27 PM
- JustinMT
- Veteran
- Posts: 45,668
Originally posted by valrod33:
Barry Bonds should be the number 1 player taken in this.
he walks, hits for average, hits homeruns, drives in runs, steals bases, and played gold glove defense.
but he couldn't pitch like Ruth!!!
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:30 PM
- ninerlifer
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,237
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Does this take in account how the players are on defense as well or is it just offense?
it gives D ratings as well, IE range/field
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:32 PM
- ninerlifer
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,237
Originally posted by valrod33:
Barry Bonds should be the number 1 player taken in this.
he walks, hits for average, hits homeruns, drives in runs, steals bases, and played gold glove defense.
You could have all this before he turned into the Big Swoll Otherwise if you want his very best season, its gonna be without steals, and gold glove D.