LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

All TIME MLB Draft: BirdmanJr is UP. Fincham11 is ON DECK

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Does this take in account how the players are on defense as well or is it just offense?

it gives D ratings as well, IE range/field

Ok thanks just wanted to make sure.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Barry Bonds should be the number 1 player taken in this.

he walks, hits for average, hits homeruns, drives in runs, steals bases, and played gold glove defense.

but he couldn't pitch like Ruth!!!

Thank You, thats what makes Ruth the best player ever!

he walks, hits for average, hits homeruns, drives in runs, steals bases, and played gold glove defense.

You could argue against Ruth too, how diverse was his league? Not very. He didn't have pitchers tossing balls in the mid to high 90's consistently either. It was a completely different game back then.

It's a complete toss up as to who's the best ever. There are at least five guys that have a legititmate argument, and I think it could possibly be even more than that.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

You could argue against Ruth too, how diverse was his league? Not very. He didn't have pitchers tossing balls in the mid to high 90's consistently either. It was a completely different game back then.

It's a complete toss up as to who's the best ever. There are at least five guys that have a legititmate argument, and I think it could possibly be even more than that.

Chieng Ming Wang FTW!!!!

Chieng Ming Wang FTW!!!!

No name dropping!

I you

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Apr 7, 2010 at 21:29:38 ]
K guys im gonna be gone starting 2morrow from 9 am mountain time until sunday so if my pick comes up Dino has my number to text me. Ill try and make my pick if it comes up
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Chieng Ming Wang FTW!!!!

No name dropping!

With the 5th pick in the all time MLB draft the Cubs select ........

the Greatest First baseman in MLB history.........

The GREAT LOU GEHRIG

In 1927 on Murderers Row Gehrig has these accomplishments:

.373 Batting Average ( compared to .356 for Babe Ruth)
175 runs batted in (compared to 137 for Ruth)
447 total bases ( compared to 417 for Ruth)

Lou Gehrig is 3rd ALL TIME in lifetime OPS behind only Ruth and Ted Williams.
Awesome pick!

Hmmm....I wonder who jrg is gonna pick.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol, I was going to use a Murderer's Row picture instead of #42 on the first page, but I couldn't find a good picture

Gehrig is an awesome pick
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I can't friggin wait for my pick
dont be comparing Gehrigs stats to Ruths, one year, besides, I'll be using Ruths stats in '21: .378 59HR 171RBI

Gehrig got those awesome stats with because of the great Bambino John. But......Great Pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do we really need to wait for jrg? Can't we just give him who we all know he's gonna pick?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Do we really need to wait for jrg? Can't we just give him who we all know he's gonna pick?

But Bonds was already taken
Share 49ersWebzone