LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

Soccer: C. Ronaldo vs Messi

Soccer: C. Ronaldo vs Messi

Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by saniner:
Messi won the FIFA world player of the year, Ronaldo did not. I'd say they rank 1 and 2

Where were you in 2008?

• NickV
  • Veteran
I'm gonna try and not be a homer here. lol

You can't... CAN'T go wrong with either one. I'll give Messi the slight edge because Ronoldo takes dives or falls too easily when he gets closer to the box where as Messi doesn't. Messi is such a skilled dribbler and can make anyone look silly if they are within 2 yards of him. Ronoldo has better athleticism and can take free kicks from almost anywhere.

I'll give Ronoldo the lead if he can show up for the world cup. the past Euro Championship and World Cup qualifying he didn't show up too often, although he did have a nice amount of assists.
Messi was the key player in Barca's sector last year, he is still really young and is already considered one of the best. Both are unbelievably skilled but my vote goes to Messi, in a team filled with less stars and injuries messi has managed to get barca into semis of the champions league, cr9 on the other hand couldn't carry a team that was built to win the champions past the second round.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Messi was the key player in Barca's sector last year, he is still really young and is already considered one of the best. Both are unbelievably skilled but my vote goes to Messi, in a team filled with less stars and injuries messi has managed to get barca into semis of the champions league, cr9 on the other hand couldn't carry a team that was built to win the champions past the second round.

less stars? really? come on now

these things take time to put together, it takes time to build chemistry, just look at what CR9 was doing at Man U when they were settled down
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

these things take time to put together, it takes time to build chemistry, just look at what CR9 was doing at Man U when they were settled down

they do have more stars on their team and they were built to win the champions league.

they do have more stars on their team and they were built to win the champions league.

again, it takes chemistry... barca has been more stable for longer. it's like kentucky with three lottery picks was built to win the NCAA, but the more stable team won.

[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Apr 6, 2010 at 16:06:48 ]
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by saniner:
Messi won the FIFA world player of the year, Ronaldo did not. I'd say they rank 1 and 2

Where were you in 2008?

Oops, I meant this past year
ok i voted for ronaldo but i just learned that messi scored 4 GOALS HOLY CRAP

i vote for messi now
Originally posted by WestCoast:

i vote for messi now

Yeah I think this poll would be a bit less biased, and more fairly assessed say if it was posted after this weekend's match, when they go head to head.

I mean, if you put up a Kobe vs Jordan poll after Kobe goes for 81, he's gonna get a couple votes that normally wouldn't be there any other time.

Just saying...

[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Apr 6, 2010 at 18:47:40 ]
Messi.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
If I'm starting a team and had to choose between the two, give me Messi. As much as i loved Ronaldo with Man U, he just had a s**tty attitude. Would act like a baby if calls didnt go his way and what not.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Give me Messi easily
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
Give me Messi easily

...and if I want a pure striker - give me Torres.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Messi has been on fire lately. Scoring at will
Originally posted by WestCoast:

i vote for messi now

Yeah I think this poll would be a bit less biased, and more fairly assessed say if it was posted after this weekend's match, when they go head to head.

I mean, if you put up a Kobe vs Jordan poll after Kobe goes for 81, he's gonna get a couple votes that normally wouldn't be there any other time.

Just saying...

point proven. still messi. haha
Share 49ersWebzone