LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Soccer Current players draft-Tournament Group Stage

When is Barca vs. Real?
Originally posted by foreign49er:
When is Barca vs. Real?

1 pm pacific time 4 eastern, on DirecTV channels 426, 432, and 620.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
When is Barca vs. Real?

YES!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I think Argentina vs Spain in the World Cup Final

Both teams are just sick.
Originally posted by crzy:

it pains me to say this, but you are overrating Argentina, Messi does not perform at the same level for Argentina as he does for Barca. Like silky mentioned earlier in this thread, chemistry is such an underrated factor in soccer it's not even funny. It also hurts that Maradona's approach to coaching the team ended up with [insert name drop here ] choosing not to play for the National team anymore. If they make it to semi's I'll be pleasantly surprised.

[ Edited by vrabbit on Apr 10, 2010 at 11:32:46 ]
Originally posted by vrabbit:

it pains me to say this, but you are overrating Argentina, Messi does not perform at the same level for Argentina as he does for Barca. Like silky mentioned earlier in this thread, chemistry is such an underrated factor in soccer it's not even funny. It also hurts that Maradona's approach to coaching the team ended up with a certain creativo choosing not to play for the National team anymore. If they make it to semi's I'll be pleasantly surprised.

yup, it's been mentioned that the only coach in the world who doesn't know how to use messi is maradona because he plays him on a leash.

and why are we discussing this in the draft thread?

[ Edited by 1251alex on Apr 10, 2010 at 11:34:26 ]
alex edit your post, look at my edit
alex edit your post, look at my edit

I was gonna tell you to not name drop but I was like, is anybody really going to pick him in a current players draft now that hes old as balls? but now that I think about it, hed make a great late round pick coming in as a sub.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
When is Barca vs. Real?

1 pm pacific time 4 eastern, on DirecTV channels 426, 432, and 620.

ESPN 3 as well
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

it pains me to say this, but you are overrating Argentina, Messi does not perform at the same level for Argentina as he does for Barca. Like silky mentioned earlier in this thread, chemistry is such an underrated factor in soccer it's not even funny. It also hurts that Maradona's approach to coaching the team ended up with [insert name drop here ] choosing not to play for the National team anymore. If they make it to semi's I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Exactly, just look at the English team, they never perform near their potential.

• NickV
  • Veteran
Arjen Robben

foreign49er is on the clock
Arshavin
Wesley Sneijder
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I'll take my striker now

Robin Van Persie
Share 49ersWebzone