LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Holy Sheets! Howard for Pujols?

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Pujols ain't going anywhere. Face of that team, a player like Pujols comes along very rarely. If the Cards ever let him go they will regret it BIG TIME

Not just face of the team..face of this city.

The Cardinals revolve around St. Louis and Pujols is the leader.

He's going nowhere.

Precisely. A guy who any given year can give you .330+AVG 45+HR's and 130+RBI's cannot be traded. By far the most feared hitter today.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Pujols will retire a Cardinal after being banned from MLB for using steroids
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pujols ain't going anywhere. Face of that team, a player like Pujols comes along very rarely. If the Cards ever let him go they will regret it BIG TIME

He's going nowhere.

Precisely. A guy who any given year can give you .330+AVG 45+HR's and 130+RBI's cannot be traded. By far the most feared hitter today.

Without a doubt. I know he's the #1 player in MLB in a long time, I'm just sick and tired of hearing about the steroids garbage. Until a guy is mentioned or anything regarding steroids, he shouldn't have to deal with that. And I'm not just saying that because he's a Cardinal. I think it's unfair to the player to have to listen to that crap. If Pujols was mentioned in the Mitchell Report or anything linked to steroids..fair enough. But, he hasn't and he has said repeatedly you can test him before/after every game. He has nothing to hide. But there are always gonna be haters. I'm just gonna keep enjoying watching one of the greatest baseball players of all time in the MLB. I have season tickets and as growing up playing baseball, you begin to enjoy watching a player like Pujols. The work he puts in. The overall talent the guy has. It's just simply amazing.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
See what I mean up there? Just non stop haters for no reason whatsoever. Whatever.
Originally posted by nothing03:
Pujols will retire a Cardinal after being banned from MLB for using steroids
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Pujols will join the Atlanta Braves and play for a very small contract
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Shut up Dino, you have your Mini-Pujols in Jayson Heyward.

Originally posted by Dino:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Pujols will join the Giants in a straight exchange for Edgar Renteria.

And the Cardinals will pay half of Pujols' future contract

He's going nowhere.

Without a doubt. I know he's the #1 player in MLB in a long time, I'm just sick and tired of hearing about the steroids garbage. Until a guy is mentioned or anything regarding steroids, he shouldn't have to deal with that. And I'm not just saying that because he's a Cardinal. I think it's unfair to the player to have to listen to that crap. If Pujols was mentioned in the Mitchell Report or anything linked to steroids..fair enough. But, he hasn't and he has said repeatedly you can test him before/after every game. He has nothing to hide. But there are always gonna be haters. I'm just gonna keep enjoying watching one of the greatest baseball players of all time in the MLB. I have season tickets and as growing up playing baseball, you begin to enjoy watching a player like Pujols. The work he puts in. The overall talent the guy has. It's just simply amazing.

Bonds NEVER tested positive yet that's all you hear
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

He's going nowhere.

Difference is, Bonds went from Jose Reyes to Prince Fielder.

Pujols has always been a large guy. His size and "slow" speed was a big factor as why he didn't get drafted til the 13th round. Pujols' has been hitting HR's and producing since in the MLB.

He's going nowhere.

Difference is, Bonds went from Jose Reyes to Prince Fielder.

Pujols has always been a large guy. His size and "slow" speed was a big factor as why he didn't get drafted til the 13th round. Pujols' has been hitting HR's and producing since in the MLB.

A Guy who has power an hits for average does not last til the 13th. I think you also have to take into account that the rays scouted him and were not impressed. Strange a Guy who doesn't impress only spends one year in the minors especially a 13th round pick

He's going nowhere.

Are you suggesing that Bonds wasnt on roids or that Pujols may be?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He's going nowhere.

Meh. Either or. Do I think he was on something? Sure. But it does not improve hand eye coordination. Do I think pujols is on something? Why not? He had access at a Much younger age. Just saying. Proof for either? Nope. If pujols EVER TESTED positive you would never hear it Cuz he us the face of baseball and it would ruin the league. Great hitter regardless
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He's going nowhere.

Of course he's suggesting Pujols is on it, John. Any person that doesn't watch baseball consistently easily looks at Pujols when it comes to steroids. It's annoying. After Bonds and the Mitchell Report it's easy to point fingers. I get that. But Pujols has been nowhere near linked to this garbage. He's just the latest "big" hitter after the report so he has to deal with this s**t.
Cheap latinos for the win!
Share 49ersWebzone