LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

Holy Sheets! Howard for Pujols?

Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
What would be the point?

They're both 30, they both play 1st base, they're both sluggers...they're the same f**king player.

LOL Pujols is a WAYYYYYYYY better hitter. maybe not power wise but Pujols is way more patient, never strikes out and hits for a way higher average. Just look at the numbers and you'll see they are actually very different players besides the fact they both hit a lot of homeruns
This is the most ridiculous rumor I've ever heard. St. Louis isn't that stupid.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Give us Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins, Jayson Werth, Placido Polanco, Roy Halladay, Cole Hamels, Shane Victorino and J.A. Happ and then maybe I'd consider it.
Originally posted by jrg:
Give us Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Jimmy Rollins, Jayson Werth, Placido Polanco, Roy Halladay, Cole Hamels, Shane Victorino and J.A. Happ and then maybe I'd consider it.

With that roster you may just get to the NLCS!

ok
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

ok

You're not the Phillies GM..so you can't accept that deal!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Nah..we'll keep our normal guys starting...just use those guys as backups and bench guys.

Nah..we'll keep our normal guys starting...just use those guys as backups and bench guys.

• jrg
  • Veteran

Gotta fill out the roster..ya know?

Gotta fill out the roster..ya know?

Understandable hopefully those scrubs contribute something to your team.

Both are free agents after the 2011 season (if they choose to be).

Considering Howard is from St. Louis, the cards may trade for him and then extend him rather than not getting anything for Pujols.

or

or

Pujols test results came back and the Cards wanna let him go
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
they're the same f**king player.

LMAO That's like saying that Peyton Manning and Tony Romo are the same player

[ Edited by crzy on Mar 14, 2010 at 10:11 PM ]
$400 MILLION between two players is a TON of money for just two guys..

(120 mil 4 holiday and the projected 275 mil for pujols... could make some sense)
Pujols is the best offensive player in the game, Howard is just another guy who hits .265 with a ton of homeruns.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Pujols is the best offensive player in the game, Howard is just another guy who hits .265 with a ton of homeruns.

But he's still a productive player who toed for the league lead in RBI's last year. And would come at about a 1/3 the cost of pujols
Share 49ersWebzone