LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Holy Sheets! Howard for Pujols?

I know it's only a rumor but

For discussion purposes, if this trade was to happen, what would you guys think of it?

do it
JRG is on suicide watch
I'd laugh my ass off if this happened. Too bad it won't.
Originally posted by valrod33:
JRG is on suicide watch

this without a doubt
What would be the point?

They're both 30, they both play 1st base, they're both sluggers...they're the same f**king player.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
What would be the point?

They're both 30, they both play 1st base, they're both sluggers...they're the same f**king player.

Yeah except Pujols is a little better IMO. I don't get why the Cards would trade away their best player except they're scared it might take too much to resign him. But they re-signed Holliday to pair him with Pujols, now they want to get rid of Pujols? Only reason I'd think they'd ever deal him is if their team took a turn for the worse and they weren't getting anywhere while paying him and Holliday a buttload of money. Which could happen, but is unrealistic IMO, I think they're probably one of the best teams in the NL.
What would be the point?

ah, NO

Pujols >>>>> anyone else in MLB
Why would St. Louis do this trade lol. Nothing to this.
Phils would win 5 straight titles if this happened...id do backflips down my street for days

What would be the point?

LOL They are both sluggers true. However, Pujols hardly ever K's compared to most HR hitters, will hit 60-70 pts higher in average, will steal bases, and is a far better defensive player. Other than that... exactly the same.

There is ZERO chance the Cards would ever make this trade. Just stupid.
Oh Jesus, wait till jrg sees this thread.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
JRG is on suicide watch
  • jrg
  • Veteran
You guys know me and the Cardinals...and when I saw this today on Twitter on my phone, I literally started laughing out loud.

The Phillies would have to give us a huge package for this to be anywhere near acceptable. The gap between Pujols and Howard is huge. Pujols will always bat higher...strike out way less..steal bases...play better defense..win more MVP's..just absolutely do everything better. The ONLY thing Howard has on Pujols is his power..he's gonna hit more homeruns. The amount of stuff Pujols does for the Cardinals is heads and shoulders over what Howard does for Philadelphia.

Not to mention Pujols is like...cemented in this city..come
No way in hell this happens.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
In other news...ESPN is now reporting that Plaxico Burress shot the Tooth Fairy.

Jeez, is it opening day yet? Buster Olney has nothing else to do.
Share 49ersWebzone