There are 169 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 2010 South Africa World Cup thread

why does FIFA make the runner up stay on the field while the champs celebrate?
Originally posted by stever:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Still have no clue WHY, they took von Brockhorst out....he had been nails all game long.

Now I have some controversy here. The free kick right before the Iniesta goal....the Schneider free kick outside the penalty box, richeched off of Fabregas's back....instead of a corner kick, Spain was awarded the Goal kick....that led to the winning goal.

That is controversy there, that will not be talked about.

Umm...but that didn't lead to the winning goal. Dutch should have cleared the ball, but gave Fab a chance to pass to Iniesta. Dutch should have been awarded a corner, but not awarding it didn't lead to the goal.

It was a free kick, set piece, that went off of Cesc's back. Goal kick ball goes down to the Dutch side....goal.

Wasn't Eliah on the left wing and got doubled and lost the ball prior to the goal ? It may have been a foul on Elias, but i think the freekick was a little earlier.

Im 95% sure ... I have to re-watch it...

But Congrats to Spain....first time a team that lost their first game in groups, wins the Cup....so many 1-0 games for them....they certainly kept it interesting.
f**k Spain. Lucky SOBs...Netherlands is far a better team.

Ohh well, back to real football now finally.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
why does FIFA make the runner up stay on the field while the champs celebrate?

it's messed up lol
man, I remember back when I was 10 and found out that Spain had never won a world cup before I said to myself, "how can they have the best league in the world yet they've never won a world cup? thats crazy"

Congrats Spain.
Love that Montage!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by 1251alex:
man, I remember back when I was 10 and found out that Spain had never won a world cup before I said to myself, "how can they have the best league in the world yet they've never won a world cup? thats crazy"

Congrats Spain.

When I was around that age my Dad told me we were the only country to win the WC 3 times (at the time). Then he went on and said "That is God's way of saying 'see, I haven't f**ked you up completely".

Ah, memories...
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

lol what? Coming from the most completely unbiased viewpoint, the statement Netherlands is far a better team is completely ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but you can't seriously think that unless you're Dutch, or a Spaniard killed one of your family members. Everyone knew that the Dutch needed to get lucky with one of Robben's counter attacks to win, and if they didn't....well there you have it.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

lol what? Coming from the most completely unbiased viewpoint, the statement Netherlands is far a better team is completely ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but you can't seriously think that unless you're Dutch, or a Spaniard killed one of your family members. Everyone knew that the Dutch needed to get lucky with one of Robben's counter attacks to win, and if they didn't....well there you have it.

taking Kuyt out of the game was a huge mistake. after he left the field Spain took over.

You are all invited.

My personal slogan: "Better looking women. Significantly less AIDS."
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

You are all invited.

yea but they have other diseases
Originally posted by WestCoast:

You are all invited.

yea but they have other diseases

Like a friend of mine would say: "What doesn't kill you, is worth it"!

You are all invited.

And, Hella' more B' Boys to deal with. Maybe you can provide a Brasilian B' Boy
Favela Guided Tour, for us culturally curious types ;D
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:

You are all invited.

And, Hella' more B' Boys to deal with. Maybe you can provide a Brasilian B' Boy
Favela Guided Tour, for us culturally curious types ;D

Favela's tours are kinds like out safari.

Only difference is that in our safaris the animals carry assault rifles and know how to use it.