LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Which is tougher: NBA back to back or NHL back to back?

It was on ESPN today and Bruce Bowen said that NBA back to backs were tougher than playing an NHL back to back.

I don't know I tend to lean on the NHL back to back but I do not have a strong theory on why.

What do you guys think?
hockey isnt a real sport
NHL back to back easily... A lot more leg work. Skating is harder on the legs than running. A lot more physical play in hockey in general. Hitting, fights, blocked shots, etc...

IMO its not even close
Obviously hockey, its a much more physically demanding game.

I'm not saying hockey is better then basketball or anything, there is just more physicality to it.

Just like football or rugby is more physical then hockey
Originally posted by Jordache49:
NHL back to back easily... A lot more leg work. Skating is harder on the legs than running. A lot more physical play in hockey in general. Hitting, fights, blocked shots, etc...

IMO its not even close

exactly!
Originally posted by valrod33:
hockey isnt a real sport

There's nothing more that annoys me more on this board then stupid comments.Just this comment along tells me alot about your knowledge of any sport.This is why i am a member here for over five years but have less then 1000 posts because it's hard to talk to alot of people on this board when they don't have a clue what they are saying.
NHL

NBA is for pussies
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
hockey isnt a real sport

There's nothing more that annoys me more on this board then stupid comments.Just this comment along tells me alot about your knowledge of any sport.This is why i am a member here for over five years but have less then 1000 posts because it's hard to talk to alot of people on this board when they don't have a clue what they are saying.

Your comment tells me that you have brown hair and brown eyes, your comment also tells me that you like long walks on the beach and sudoku
I think it depends on the team's location to be honest

if the warriors are playing back to back against the Clippers and Kings, i would think this would be easier.

if the sharks are playing @ home against the stars then travel to dallas, I think it would be difficult.

These are athletes so they should be conditioned pretty well

Bruce Bowen aint s**t
hockey isnt a real sport

Your comment tells me that you have brown hair and brown eyes, your comment also tells me that you like long walks on the beach and sudoku

Never fails you get me to laugh once a day.

side note who cares about the NHL for real though. at least Olympic hockey is entertaining.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't know the first thing about hockey. But I do know that you get hit by huge guys playing it. This does not happen in basketball. NHL - tougher.
hockey isnt a real sport

1) You have more than 1,000 posts

2) If you've been here that long, you should know that val is making a joke, just like 99% of the things he posts around here.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
hockey isnt a real sport

1) You have more than 1,000 posts

2) If you've been here that long, you should know that val is making a joke, just like 99% of the things he posts around here.

Cosigned

For sake of the question, hockey is way more demanding so the back to back is much harder for hockey players.

In defense of the NBA, they fly in midair and are prone to harsh injuries due to their large size. But it's harder in hockey to sit a game due to a bruised finger or toe, seeing as they don't sit out for those injuries while the NBA they do.

I'm sorry, but moving at sprinting speeds on a slick surface while balancing yourself on metal skates while taking hits from other players and occasionally a puck at a few hundred MPHs, kinda have to give it to hockey
hockey isnt a real sport

spoken by someone that knows nothing of the sport, and lives in the crack den of the country New Mexico. WOOT! your opinion lost so my respect in my eyes right now
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
hockey isnt a real sport

spoken by someone that knows nothing of the sport, and lives in the crack den of the country New Mexico. WOOT! your opinion lost so my respect in my eyes right now

I grew up in Colorado, and watched hockey up until they had the lockout. They lost me with that.

but living in New Mexico doesnt effect my knowledge of sports, so dont be an idiot
Share 49ersWebzone