There are 183 users in the forums

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:
Not that I am watching, but there is a little battle going on in the Mens Figure Skating. The Canadian skater, who can't or doesn't do a quad jump, says that his way of skating, which is more artistic is the way of the future. The Russian, who does the quad, said after his performance you are not a man if you can't do it. Seriously, these f*gs might throw down.

you are CLEARLY watching the Mens figure skating if you have given us this much info, I'm sorry dude lol

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
did they even show the hockey games? I was at work when on but nobody showed any highlights of the hockey games WTF
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
did they even show the hockey games? I was at work when on but nobody showed any highlights of the hockey games WTF

they show them all in Canada

I'm not even sure who covers the Olympics in the U.S
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
NEXT!!!!

Just wait 'till you face us! It will be World Juniors all over!

Sunday night
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Not that I am watching, but there is a little battle going on in the Mens Figure Skating. The Canadian skater, who can't or doesn't do a quad jump, says that his way of skating, which is more artistic is the way of the future. The Russian, who does the quad, said after his performance you are not a man if you can't do it. Seriously, these f*gs might throw down.

you are CLEARLY watching the Mens figure skating if you have given us this much info, I'm sorry dude lol

That's pretty funny.

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with watching the Figure Skating in the olympics. It's when you watch it sometime other than once every 4 years that there might be a problem.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

That's pretty funny.

And for the record, there's nothing wrong with watching the Figure Skating in the olympics. It's when you watch it sometime other than once every 4 years that there might be a problem.

Are you trying to tell us that you "taste the rainbow" once very 4 years ?

CNBC and MSNBC

they f**king bumped the mens hockey game (canada vs norway) for curling... and eventually started to show the game

If the Russians had better defensemen, they would easily win the gold.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

That's pretty funny.

If by rainbow you mean that chick from the skittles picture, then hellz yeah, son. Hellz yeah!
Originally posted by KRS-1:

That's pretty funny.

If by rainbow you mean that chick from the skittles picture, then hellz yeah, son. Hellz yeah!

God would I love to taste her rainbow.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

CNBC and MSNBC

they f**king bumped the mens hockey game (canada vs norway) for curling... and eventually started to show the game

If the Russians had better defensemen, they would easily win the gold.

USA also shows games.

You can see when they'll televise s**t here:
http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/

NEXT!!!!

Sunday night

Oh, I'll be ready! With a six-pack of AMERICAN beer ready, lol.

I remember the 2002 USA-Canada game very well. It was a close game...until the 3rd.

I expect a similar game. US coming out with a high intensity physical play. But Canadians will pull away as it goes on (unless Miller has the game of his life).

I'm so pumped for the game! I love Olympic hockey, the players bring so much passion in the games. Totally different feel then playoffs too, because its 1 game sudden death in the medal rounds.

I see they put replaced Bergeron with Iginla on Crosby's line, makes a whole lot more sense. I was surprised Bergeron was even on the team, much less on first line. IMO Burrows should be there instead of Bergeron, Burrows/Morrow would make a nice energy combo.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 17, 2010 at 12:03:08 ]
NEXT!!!!

Sunday night

I remember the 2002 USA-Canada game very well. It was a close game...until the 3rd.

I expect a similar game. US coming out with a high intensity physical play. But Canadians will pull away as it goes on (unless Miller has the game of his life).

I'm so pumped for the game! I love Olympic hockey, the players bring so much passion in the games. Totally different feel then playoffs too, because its 1 game sudden death in the medal rounds.

I see they put replaced Bergeron with Iginla on Crosby's line, makes a whole lot more sense. I was surprised Bergeron was even on the team, much less on first line. IMO Burrows should be there instead of Bergeron, Burrows/Morrow would make a nice energy combo.

Bergeron is a good 2 way player. He also played on Sid's line in the 2005 World JR's (that beat US on their own soil ). He's earning his roster spot on the PK. Burrows shouldnt be on the team. His chippy/annoying/cheap/whining/diving play isnt Olympic worthy. Much rather have Carter, St. Louis or Stamkos over him.. But I like the Bergeron pick. His game is waaay underated, especially since the concussion problems he's had. But you gotta put Iggy up on the 1st. Flames should take notice of what he can do with someone who can actually make some plays. Calgary has just wasted his talent

[ Edited by Jordache49 on Feb 17, 2010 at 12:52:37 ]
NEXT!!!!

Sunday night

How about this, if the U.S wins on Sunday, than I will change my user name to JamarcusRussell for 1 month.

If Canada wins, then you have to change your username to JamarcusRussell for 1 month.

Deal?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
NEXT!!!!

Sunday night

How about this, if the U.S wins on Sunday, than I will change my user name to JamarcusRussell for 1 month.

If Canada wins, then you have to change your username to JamarcusRussell for 1 month.

Deal?

Originally posted by luv49rs:
NEXT!!!!

Sunday night

Deal?

I'm loyal to my team, but I ain't crazy. Canada should beat the US by 3-4 goals and it will be a surprise if its even close.

I don't do bets with my heart, I'm a capitalist

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 17, 2010 at 15:50:41 ]
Share 49ersWebzone