There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics Thread

Originally posted by SacRock14:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
A luger died today during a practice run. This article says seriously hurt, but just heard on the news he died. Terrible.

link

EDIT: ESPN has an updated report. new link

I called it... You wipe out during a skeleton run, you're fuked. 140km/hr or around 100/mph, with nothing to protect you. It was during his practice run too

Yep. I guess a lot of the competitors are worried about the track being too dangerous. And this is pretty good evidence.

Holy s**t, just saw the video on TSN. Scary stuff. He just hit that pole dead on and came to an immediate stop. No way he was going to survive that.
Anyone seen the Canadian love fest that was just shown on TV?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AC49er:

I thought it was cool lol

Every host country does that. That is the point of the opening ceremonies. To celebrate the history and culture of the host nation.
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:

Every host country does that. That is the point of the opening ceremonies. To celebrate the history and culture of the host nation.

Yeah but it was like the USA & Canada bff lovefest. I dont remember that with any other countries

Yeah but it was like the USA & Canada bff lovefest. I dont remember that with any other countries

Well the crowd was cheering loudly for Canada (obviously cause it is in Canada) and the US cause lots of Americans probably traveled up to attend the games.
will only watch mens hockey. thats the only thing im interested in when it comes to winter olympics. GO USA, SHOCK THE WORLD!!!

[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Feb 12, 2010 at 20:58:34 ]
This opening sucks.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
This opening sucks.

Just wait for Bryan Adams to start singing.......
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Will win gold.

Holy sh!t!!! That thing they just did with the whales on the stadium floor was awesome!!!

Well the crowd was cheering loudly for Canada (obviously cause it is in Canada) and the US cause lots of Americans probably traveled up to attend the games.

Yeah its not like the Americans and Canadians had to travel far to be there compared to past Olympics.
hockey hockey hockey!!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Holy sh!t!!! That thing they just did with the whales on the stadium floor was awesome!!!

That was pretty awesome.