Not a member? Register Now!

The soccer thread(all leagues except the premier league) 09/10

• dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Barcelona Going After ManU's John O Shea

wtf

Haha why?

I dont buy this one ... no offense but hes not quality enough for them.

They are going to break the bank to get a replacement for Henry on the wing ... maybe Ribery or the kid from Atletico, Aguera?

[ Edited by dman on Feb 18, 2010 at 09:53:32 ]
f**k Henry! If barca broke th bank to get Kun Aguero I'd Jizz all over myself!

Messi, Ibrah, and aguero...
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:

Not to mention Xavi and Iniesta feeding them the ball ... I just hope they dont sign Cesc, to me it seems like they dont need him.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dman:

Not to mention Xavi and Iniesta feeding them the ball ... I just hope they dont sign Cesc, to me it seems like they dont need him.

If they signed Fabregas then Xavi could move back to replace Toure/Keita/Busquets(sp?) in the midfield triangle. He wouldn't be a defensive destroyer, more of a deep-lying playmaker.

At least, that's how I did it in Football Manager.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Riot:

If they signed Fabregas then Xavi could move back to replace Toure/Keita/Busquets(sp?) in the midfield triangle. He wouldn't be a defensive destroyer, more of a deep-lying playmaker.

Haha, thats a cool game, you have the new one?

I dont think Xavi fits there though hes not really a ball winner, Toure is perfect for that role though hes physical and good in the air.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Riot:

Haha, thats a cool game, you have the new one?

I dont think Xavi fits there though hes not really a ball winner, Toure is perfect for that role though hes physical and good in the air.

You're right, Toure's defensive cover gives Xavi and Iniesta the freedom to roam (especially Iniesta) and make plays. I was just thinking about how to best fit Fabregas in if they did sign him.

Really, the best improvement they could make for their midfield would be buying Javier Mascherano - those three would never lose the ball.

EDIT: Yeah I got FM10 awhile ago. It's good, but HARD - most of the time I feel like I'm trying to solve a puzzle rather than play a game. Right now I'm waiting for the third patch to really get into it again.

[ Edited by Riot on Feb 19, 2010 at 10:59:32 ]
Morelia vs Toluca today. Should be a good match.
Today, copa libertadores, Morelia vs Nacional de Uruguay. Too bad I'm gonna have to wait til I get back from school to watch it on my DVR.

On another note, Stuttgart is manhandling Barcelona

cmon Barca. we're lucky to only be down by 1 score.
Go Stuttgart!
Not anymore... Mou scores 1-1 now
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Stuttgart are giving this game away...
  • dman
  • Veteran
Inter - 2

Chelsea - 1
Barrera puts it in for mexico!
Chicharito just about secured his spot in the world cup with his performance in the game so far IMO.