LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

The soccer thread(all leagues except the premier league) 09/10

There's no soccer thread besides the premier league one so I thought I'd make one. Copa Libertadores starts on Wednesday
[ Edited by 1251alex on Feb 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM ]
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dman:

Sorry man, fixed the topic.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:

i was just thinkin i could make my thread an all leagues pro soccer thread .. keep it all in one place

i was just thinkin i could make my thread an all leagues pro soccer thread .. keep it all in one place

Ask a mod to merge them. I'm damn excited for the Copa Libertadores since my team hasn't played it in 8 years...
There's a rumor that once the market reopens in the summer Juventus is gonna offer 35 million euros for Gonzalo Higuain

no, keep them apart. i mean, premier league is to soccer as nfl is to football. it is by far the most watched soccer league. not even close
Originally posted by 49ers1:

no, keep them apart. i mean, premier league is to soccer as nfl is to football. it is by far the most watched soccer league. not even close

Hmm, I always thought it was la liga with it being the best league and all. You learn something new everyday.
Originally posted by 49ers1:

Hmm, I always thought it was la liga with it being the best league and all. You learn something new everyday.

Besides Barca and Real Madrid (), the La Liga is pretty mediocre. The Premier League has like 4 marquee teams, so it's got somewhat of an advantage.
There was already a Soccer Thread, but everybody couldn't stop being dicks and personal attacking everybody so it got shut down. Good luck to this one.

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Besides Barca and Real Madrid (), the La Liga is pretty mediocre. The Premier League has like 4 marquee teams, so it's got somewhat of an advantage.

It's debatable, I wouldn't consider Liverpool and Arsenal marquee teams. So that leaves us with ManU and Chelsea. So they have 2 great teams and two good teams. Spain has two great teams with one of them being the best team of all time and they also have Valencia, Sevilla, Deportivo La Coruna, and to a lesser extent Atletico. Then Italy has two good teams in inter and Milan, with Roma and Juventus also being good. It's all debatable. They all have their good qualities. I like the roughness of the premier league, the speed of la liga, and the aerial attacks of the serie A.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Liverpool and Arsenal are huge clubs.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

It's debatable, I wouldn't consider Liverpool and Arsenal marquee teams. So that leaves us with ManU and Chelsea. So they have 2 great teams and two good teams. Spain has two great teams with one of them being the best team of all time and they also have Valencia, Sevilla, Deportivo La Coruna, and to a lesser extent Atletico. Then Italy has two good teams in inter and Milan, with Roma and Juventus also being good. It's all debatable. They all have their good qualities. I like the roughness of the premier league, the speed of la liga, and the aerial attacks of the serie A.

idk about you guys, but i think a reason (minor or major, who knows) the premier league is the most watched league in the world is due to it being english. remember, english is the most widely spoken language in the world. spanish is spoken, but not as much as english. remember, the premier league's main growth is coming in regions like asia, middle east, and africa.
Liverpool and Arsenal are huge clubs.

Yes they are but they're not up to the level of ManU, Chelsea,Barca, Madrid, and Inter.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
There's no soccer thread besides the premier league one so I thought I'd make one. Copa Libertadores starts on Wednesday

My beloved Boca Juniors didnt make it this year due to poor results in their league
Share 49ersWebzone