LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The soccer thread(all leagues except the premier league) 09/10

Originally posted by 1251alex:
Morelia is currently dominating Atlas!

Barbosa made an espectacular save on a header from Sabah.

damn dude, you know way more about soccer than me
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Morelia is currently dominating Atlas!

Barbosa made an espectacular save on a header from Sabah.

damn dude, you know way more about soccer than me

Ever since I was a little kid and my dad had me stay home from school to watch Mexico vs Germany in the Second stage of the world cup, I was hooked.
My two favorite Spanish teams are playing right now. Atletico vs barca, live on espndeportes.
My two favorite Spanish teams are playing right now. Atletico vs barca, live on espndeportes.

Atletico

just 2 points behind
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Atletico

just 2 points behind

Have fun entertaining that thought.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:

Atletico

just 2 points behind

Have fun entertaining that thought.

Have fun shakin in ur boots.
interesting article, although posted before the recent super bowl:

Champions League final tops Super Bowl for Annual Sports TV market

Uefa's Champions League final has for the first time replaced the NFL's Super Bowl as the most-watched annual sports event, according to a survey.

The Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United last May drew an audience of 109 million.

February's Super Bowl between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals attracted three million less.

The yearly report from Initiative Futures Sports and Entertainment found both events continue to grow.

Formula 1's season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was in third place with an average of 54 million, while the men's 100 metres final from the athletics world championships - featuring a world record from Usain Bolt - was fourth with 33 million.

With 2009 featuring neither a summer Olympic Games nor a World Cup it offered a chance to measure the two biggest annual sporting events.

While the Super Bowl's audience was overwhelmingly domestic, Uefa's product appears to be doing better in the battle for viewers globally.

"The Champions League has been better able to exploit the large burgeoning populations of the Asia-Pacific region," said Kevin Alavay, the report's director.

"While the Super Bowl has secured free-to-air broadcasting deals in a number of important European markets such as the UK, France and Germany, its distribution and popularity in the key Asia-Pacific region lags far behind the Champions League."

The report, in its seventh year, is based on official data from national bodies and measures "at-home viewing".

Alavay said the continued growth of the Super Bowl and the Champions League final was particularly impressive in a time of fragmentation in television audiences caused by digitalisation.

source
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers1:
interesting article, although posted before the recent super bowl:

Champions League final tops Super Bowl for Annual Sports TV market

Uefa's Champions League final has for the first time replaced the NFL's Super Bowl as the most-watched annual sports event, according to a survey.

The Champions League final between Barcelona and Manchester United last May drew an audience of 109 million.

February's Super Bowl between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Arizona Cardinals attracted three million less.

The yearly report from Initiative Futures Sports and Entertainment found both events continue to grow.

Formula 1's season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was in third place with an average of 54 million, while the men's 100 metres final from the athletics world championships - featuring a world record from Usain Bolt - was fourth with 33 million.

With 2009 featuring neither a summer Olympic Games nor a World Cup it offered a chance to measure the two biggest annual sporting events.

While the Super Bowl's audience was overwhelmingly domestic, Uefa's product appears to be doing better in the battle for viewers globally.

"The Champions League has been better able to exploit the large burgeoning populations of the Asia-Pacific region," said Kevin Alavay, the report's director.

"While the Super Bowl has secured free-to-air broadcasting deals in a number of important European markets such as the UK, France and Germany, its distribution and popularity in the key Asia-Pacific region lags far behind the Champions League."

The report, in its seventh year, is based on official data from national bodies and measures "at-home viewing".

Alavay said the continued growth of the Super Bowl and the Champions League final was particularly impressive in a time of fragmentation in television audiences caused by digitalisation.

source

Ya I read this too, also dont forget the game was during the week ... finally this year they are putting it on the weekend.
Originally posted by dman:

Ya I read this too, also dont forget the game was during the week ... finally this year they are putting it on the weekend.

nice. damn, i forgot that i was on a weekday. even though it was on a weekday, it still managed to beat out this year's superbowl.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Man United against AC Milan (with David Beckham) tomorrow! Gonna be a good one

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Too bad I'm gonna be at school. I'm gonna have to dvr it.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Going to a bar in town for Man United fans. Gonna be great
  • dman
  • Veteran

I went to the Chelsea bar here in OC for the game against Arsenal wearing my Gunners jersey ... they dtried to make it unpleasent for me.

I guess there is an Arsenal bar up in LA, I need to check it out ... would be safer for me.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

I went to the Chelsea bar here in OC for the game against Arsenal wearing my Gunners jersey ... they dtried to make it unpleasent for me.

I guess there is an Arsenal bar up in LA, I need to check it out ... would be safer for me.

Gotta love being in Europe for soccer season, 7:45 kickoff. Gonna be drinking lots and lots
  • dman
  • Veteran

Gotta love being in Europe for soccer season, 7:45 kickoff. Gonna be drinking lots and lots

Share 49ersWebzone