Originally posted by GameOver:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
You guys drive like b***hes.

haha LA nooo way you make it in 3 hours...i mean physically i think its impossible given the amount of miles there are in the drive

I live in the IE (and thus closer to LV than any of you) and I cant even make it to Vegas in 3 hours and thats assuming I dont make any stops (which I feel is physically impossible, I cant sit in a car for longer than 2-2.5 hours without taking some kind of break/pit stop or something) and I JUST made the trip a week ago

It's 270 miles from Downtown LA, and that is one OPEN stretch of highway. If you're on the east side, you can do it in 3. I have. People fly down that road.

Its open once you get by like Victorville (I usually hit nasty traffic on my way back from Barstow till like Ontario) most of the time, and regardless, that means your doing 90 consistently for 3 straight hours without a cop (and the highway is FILLED with coppers just chillin on the side of the road with their speedometer out WAITING for someone to go over like 80) catching you and without a damn food/water/fondling of the balls break?

I dunno how you do it buddy...I dunno how you do it, but more power to you lol

Well, I wasn't driving.

I don't think I've ever seen a cop past Victorville though.

But yeah, we were definitely hauling ass, 3 hours is probably unreasonable. But how the hell does it take you guys SIX hours?

lol, STORY TIME

So this past time we went (like I said previously, a week ago), the night before we left for Vegas, me and my buddies (who all of us we're going on the trip) decided to go to this party over in Covina, we didnt think anything of it, thinking we'd get back home around 3am and get like 3-4 hours before waking up and drivin to LV...welllll...

The night turned out a lot longer than any of us planned, we all got home around 6am, woke up at 7am (we were meeting people there and were driving with others as well so we couldnt exactly delay the trip) and headed out around 8-8:30am, 5 dudes (all mentally retarded and hell, not even hungover yet, but still kinda drunk) in the car passed out. We got to like San Bernardino county (idk where, Rialto?) and one of my friends in the back starts puking, luckily only a bit of it got on the seats as he reached and grabbed MY backpack, emptied it out, and threw up in there...

So we stop in like Rialto to clean up a bit and s**t, and one of my friends says, "hey, lemme just go to the restroom real quick, be back in a minute"...well, 15 minutes later Im like the f**k, so I go into the gas station (an AMPM i believe) and bang on the restroom door, it opens up (he never even bothered locking it) and dude is on the ground passed out with vomit to his side and toilet paper in his left hand...

We clean his ass up and stick him back in the car, then we finally get to Barstow and we stop at (i believe) IHOP and what do you know, as soon as we get out of the car, I throw up all over the side of the car...we go inside, eat and whatever, and by the time we get out and then we all get to the car and Im like f**k, wait, and I run back into the restroom and have a little sesh (not vomiting but Ill save you the details) in there for a good 15 minutes...

And then I get my ass back in the car and we drive straight the rest of the way and got there around like 1:30 i think, maybe even later, I really couldnt keep track of time or anything to tell you the truth, I just know it was a 5-6+ hour trip...no fun...

But in general it takes me like 4-5 hours because we stop for like an hour, hour and a half to eat...so yeah...

Btw, good game Houston, as always, it wasnt pretty...but we'll take it!

hahah yess, clearly gameover and i were calculating in the vomit stops to the original 4-6 hr time, cuz realistically, who makes the drive out to Vegas sober?
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Just like I called it close until the last 2 mins, then we run out of offensive options.

Yeah Pete I have flown down the 15 at 5:30 am and got to vegas in 2.5-3hrs from LA.

I hate your team. I mean that with a ton of respect attached to it. I just know that whenever we play you guys, I'm going to be cussing at the TV. I pray to God you don't get Wade. He's exactly what you need.

Actually, if you guys got Wade, it would lead to some epic WCFs, so yeah...I hope you do get him.

No one wants to go to Houston... Let's be honest.

Do some research....

We always find a way to get guys:
Brent Barry & Artest in 08
Bonzi Wells in 06
Stromile Swift in 05
Pippen and Barkley in 99

None of these guys really worked out but they came.
^LMAO. Hell man, I want to get there ASAP.
Just like I called it close until the last 2 mins, then we run out of offensive options.

Yeah Pete I have flown down the 15 at 5:30 am and got to vegas in 2.5-3hrs from LA.

I hate your team. I mean that with a ton of respect attached to it. I just know that whenever we play you guys, I'm going to be cussing at the TV. I pray to God you don't get Wade. He's exactly what you need.

Actually, if you guys got Wade, it would lead to some epic WCFs, so yeah...I hope you do get him.

Do some research....

Bonzi Wells in 06
Stromile Swift in 05
Pippen and Barkley in 99

houston aint hollywood, h-wood...in fact, its pretty much the armpit of texas.

which means its the armpit of the country, fresno being the other one.
^LMAO. Hell man, I want to get there ASAP.

Early morning is the best time to make it fast.

and yeah no vomit stops would help,

Do some research....

Bonzi Wells in 06
Stromile Swift in 05
Pippen and Barkley in 99

houston aint hollywood, h-wood...in fact, its pretty much the armpit of texas.

which means its the armpit of the country, fresno being the other one.

Like I said this teams finds a way to get guys Drafts, trade or FA's.
We haven't got over the hump yet, but we are close.
Hahaha. Very nice. I've had a couple of spontaneous roadies to Vegas too. Those are the best.

Yes, indeed they are, they'll only get better when I actually come of age too

hahah yess, clearly gameover and i were calculating in the vomit stops to the original 4-6 hr time, cuz realistically, who makes the drive out to Vegas sober?

It makes for a better trip, imagine all the fun theres is from the hallucinations you'll have with an eighth of shrooms and the open blank highway that is the 15
Hahaha. Very nice. I've had a couple of spontaneous roadies to Vegas too. Those are the best.

It makes for a better trip, imagine all the fun theres is from the hallucinations you'll have with an eighth of shrooms and the open blank highway that is the 15

seriously, i turn of age in exactly a month and a day. after i make the trip down to mardi gras, im going straiiiight to vegas.

i mean, when is an eighth of shrroms not a good time?? haha, a stormy 15 would be legittt though

seriously, i turn of age in exactly a month and a day. after i make the trip down to mardi gras, im going straiiiight to vegas.

i mean, when is an eighth of shrroms not a good time?? haha, a stormy 15 would be legittt though

Oh damn! So close! Party it up for me cousin, warm up Vegas and let em know Ill be comin in like...a year and a couple months lol, BUT LET EM KNOW IM COMING!

Oh damn! So close! Party it up for me cousin, warm up Vegas and let em know Ill be comin in like...a year and a couple months lol, BUT LET EM KNOW IM COMING!

hahaha for sure, ill let you know how it goes, hopefully i wont remember a goddamn thing though, and come back willing to make a hefty donation to the ZONE

My young Laker fans are all grown up.

hahaha for sure, ill let you know how it goes, hopefully i wont remember a goddamn thing though, and come back willing to make a hefty donation to the ZONE

YES

Just remember...

Go get em tiger
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
I would say THE Webzone Showdown is Magic/Lakers.

not enough Magic fans.

has to be warriors, just out of sheer volume of people that are fans on the zone

pretty much its the Lakers/Anyone showdown considering how well we travel in this other sports thread, everyone wants a piece...we just keep beating everyone.

Lakers/Magic
Lakers/Warriors

One of the two.
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jan 5, 2010 at 10:44 PM ]

YES

Just remember...

Go get em tiger

Share 49ersWebzone