and his dad Craig James is a loser

trying to get Leach fired

Quote:

that f****t might ruin one of our best WR recruiting classes ever

explain?
Originally posted by teeohh:
Leach cans replace Tedford?

Offensive Coordinator
Like it was posted, Leach got himself fired, you don't do that to another player, ESPECIALLY to a kid that chances are will never make it in the NFL, and is just playing football, just to play football.

Leach is an a*****e.
Originally posted by cestmoi:

The truth hurts Adam

I don't have a problem with what Leach did here. This is sports. If the kid truly was giving a half ass effort then tell him so. Don't baby him cause he is just a kid. Leach told him to get the f**k out and that is exactly what I would have done.
  • titan
  • Veteran
What a Chump! He really went crying to his daddy! If he felt like he was being mistreated then he should have said something along with the trainer. Good thing Leach wasn't a predator or that boy would've been touched, since he doesn't know how to say no! An 18 or 19 year old should know what is right or wrong, I just think they baby these kids too much! Too many good coaches are taking the fall for weak minded players that can't take aggressive mentoring.
Originally posted by NinerFan1979:

The truth hurts Adam

I don't have a problem with what Leach did here. This is sports. If the kid truly was giving a half ass effort then tell him so. Don't baby him cause he is just a kid. Leach told him to get the f**k out and that is exactly what I would have done.

I have a problem with it.

Coaches, at any level, shouldn't try to motivate players through humiliation. Especially young players.

I'll let it go in the pro's since they are making tons of money even though I still think its bad coaching.

Leach should realize he is an adult and behave like one.

Its not about "babying" him, there is a way to be tough on players without acting like a 12 year old in a position of authority.

Edit: And for the record I do think A. James is a p***y. I just don't think how tough James is has any relevance to how Leach conducted himself. Either Leach conducted himself inappropriately or not, James' toughness is another matter.

And based on the article strikac quoted (an ESPN article), Leach did not act appropriately for a coach and mentor for young players.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 4, 2010 at 6:19 PM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

The truth hurts Adam

Coaches, at any level, shouldn't try to motivate players through humiliation. Especially young players.

I'll let it go in the pro's since they are making tons of money even though I still think its bad coaching.

Its not about "babying" him, there is a way to be tough on players without acting like a 12 year old in a position of authority.

Edit: And for the record I do think A. James is a p***y. I just don't think how tough James is has any relevance to how Leach conducted himself. Either Leach conducted himself inappropriately or not, James' toughness is another matter.

And based on the article strikac quoted (an ESPN article), Leach did not act appropriately for a coach and mentor for young players.

That was far from humiliation, in my opinion? He simply told him to get out because James wasnt giving an effort. Now if he said "You look like a drunk hobo stumbling around and you give the effort of a 12 year old girl giving a blowjob" then I understand where you'd be coming from.
"It is also likely that offensive coordinator Sonny Dykes will become the head coach at his alma mater, Texas Tech, which will further give Stoops a chance to review an offense that sputtered and conked out down the stretch."

http://www.azstarnet.com/altds/pastframe/sports/323495

But I warn you, that writer is probably the most idiotic sports write ever to be published in a news paper.
Originally posted by Ether:

The truth hurts Adam

That was far from humiliation, in my opinion? He simply told him to get out because James wasnt giving an effort. Now if he said "You look like a drunk hobo stumbling around and you give the effort of a 12 year old girl giving a blowjob" then I understand where you'd be coming from.

Actually I take back the first part of my comments. Listened to it again and didn't realize the 2nd part of his statement.
"It is also likely that offensive coordinator Sonny Dykes will become the head coach at his alma mater, Texas Tech, which will further give Stoops a chance to review an offense that sputtered and conked out down the stretch."

But I warn you, that writer is probably the most idiotic sports write ever to be published in a news paper.

interesting

there is a lot of conflicting news coming out of Lubbock right now regarding the coaching search, but I would be happy with Dykes, if he gets the job I hope he keeps most of the current staff together.

• Ether
  • Veteran

interesting

there is a lot of conflicting news coming out of Lubbock right now regarding the coaching search, but I would be happy with Dykes, if he gets the job I hope he keeps most of the current staff together.

I wouldnt be happy with Dykes if I was the Red Raiders. Against Nebraska, Dykes called maybe the worst game I've seen out of a Pac-10 team this season. Maybe it was his players and their execution, but when you only gain 37 yards in the first 3 quarters then some blame has to lie on the Coordinator as well.

interesting

I wouldnt be happy with Dykes if I was the Red Raiders. Against Nebraska, Dykes called maybe the worst game I've seen out of a Pac-10 team this season. Maybe it was his players and their execution, but when you only gain 37 yards in the first 3 quarters then some blame has to lie on the Coordinator as well.

It's hard to gauge an offense against Nebraska's defense this year.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

interesting

Except for Texas Tech, which put up 31 on them IN Nebraska, AND held Suh in check. Too bad Tech fired the guy that accomplished that

And Dykes would be a horrible choice for head coach, he put up a big fat 0 on Nebraska.

I'd hire Lincoln Riley, he knows the offense the best. Watching the bowl game, you could see that Ruffin had no idea what he was doing, Riley was calling the shots.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by pantstickle:

interesting

Except for Texas Tech, which put up 31 on them IN Nebraska, AND held Suh in check. Too bad Tech fired the guy that accomplished that

And Dykes would be a horrible choice for head coach, he put up a big fat 0 on Nebraska.

I'd hire Lincoln Riley, he knows the offense the best. Watching the bowl game, you could see that Ruffin had no idea what he was doing, Riley was calling the shots.

Even Tech was held to 250 total yards, which is really low for a Tech offense.

But yeah, I see your point. 250 yards is a leeeetle better than 37.
Texas Tech hires Tommy Tuberville.
Share 49ersWebzone