why would they want to fire a guy who has been to a bowl every year and has one of the best offenses in the country just about every year... just because he is hard headed? Come on, whomever hires this guy next will be turned around fairly quickly (I'll compare it to June Jones going to SMU, but probably better).
Thanks for the link to the interview, I've been wanting to see that
There are 498 users in the forums
Adam James is a p***y -- Leach fired
Jan 2, 2010 at 2:07 AM
- Paul
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,729
Jan 2, 2010 at 4:23 AM
- English
- Moderator
- Posts: 41,417
Love the camaraderIe and good sportsmanship of amateur sports!
Amazing story.
Amazing story.
Jan 2, 2010 at 9:02 AM
- joey82
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,020
Originally posted by Icedawg316:
why would they want to fire a guy who has been to a bowl every year and has one of the best offenses in the country just about every year... just because he is hard headed? Come on, whomever hires this guy next will be turned around fairly quickly (I'll compare it to June Jones going to SMU, but probably better).
Thanks for the link to the interview, I've been wanting to see that
The Admin wanted him out, and he didn't really please a lot of the big boosters either.
The fans loved him. Honestly I think his personal popularity in Lubbock is what finally convinced the admin to get the contract worked out with him in the last minute.
From that point on though it seemed the Admin had a grudge against him and wanted him gone. Whether it was because they couldn't really afford the contract they gave him, didn't feel like he deserved that much money, or just couldn't stand the fact that he wasn't a giant ass kisser. Only they know for sure, honestly it was brilliant of them to fire him now. The students are gone for winter break, and the rest of us here have the alamo bowl/traveling to SA to also worry about.
I fully expect for Tech to have their next coached named in less than a week from today.
Jan 2, 2010 at 10:02 AM
- cestmoi
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,140
I'm so excited for the game tonight. The team will either lose big or destroy the spartans.
Jan 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM
- toeknee
- Veteran
- Posts: 54,571
Originally posted by cestmoi:
I'm so excited for the game tonight. The team will either lose big or destroy the spartans.
Yeah I have no idea who to pick.
Jan 2, 2010 at 1:02 PM
- Paul
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,729
I would have taken Leach over Brian Kelly if I was Notre Dame, can't wait to see where this guy ends up. I hope the Cowboys name him head coach lol that would be great
Jan 2, 2010 at 1:40 PM
- ads_2006
- Veteran
- Posts: 64,567
Leach could coach another team with the word Raiders in the name




Jan 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM
- toeknee
- Veteran
- Posts: 54,571
James had to be escorted to the locker room by security, he was booed by the fans at halftime. And announcers just said the family has received death threats
Jan 2, 2010 at 11:00 PM
- Negrodamus
- Veteran
- Posts: 13,782
Originally posted by teeohh:
James had to be escorted to the locker room by security, he was booed by the fans at halftime. And announcers just said the family has received death threats
Jan 3, 2010 at 8:56 AM
- Paul
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,729
Originally posted by teeohh:
James had to be escorted to the locker room by security, he was booed by the fans at halftime. And announcers just said the family has received death threats
lmao... well deserved I think, Leach in the NFL well hmm.. wasn't there a rumor recently that said he may coach the Cowboys? I'd like to see how that turns out
Jan 3, 2010 at 12:03 PM
- strickac
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,176
Tech players, though, who were already steering clear of Leach's corner throughout the week, continued to show much less nostalgia for their former coach. Freak show offensive lineman Brandon Carter told reporters after the game that Adam James is "part of our family," and that his charges against Leach were "just the last straw. Sooner or later, something was going to come out." Quarterback Steven Sheffield was even more blunt: "I looked up in the stands and I saw signs about Team Leach. Bring Leach back. Leach ain’t coming back. That’s how it is."
Leach got himself fired. Team Leach needs to get over it.
Leach got himself fired. Team Leach needs to get over it.
Jan 3, 2010 at 3:53 PM
- WheresWaldo
- Member
- Posts: 2,440
Keep the wimp in the closet.
Jan 3, 2010 at 6:04 PM
- cestmoi
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,140
The truth hurts Adam
Jan 3, 2010 at 8:21 PM
- HaiGuise
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,874
Originally posted by cestmoi:Originally posted by teeohh:Originally posted by cestmoi:
and his dad Craig James is a loser
trying to get Leach fired
Quote:
that f****t might ruin one of our best WR recruiting classes ever
explain?
Jan 3, 2010 at 9:34 PM
- toeknee
- Veteran
- Posts: 54,571
Leach cans replace Tedford?

