LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 339 users in the forums

Urban Meyer taking leave of absence

Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Alabama send his arse to the hospital after the SEC Championship game and it seems that he has not recovered. RTR. what a biatch. no more Tebow = Meyer walking. loser.

Originally posted by ads_2006:
""I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to re-evaluate my priorities of faith and family.

"After consulting with my family, Dr. Machen, Jeremy Foley and my doctors, I believe it is in my best interest to step aside and focus on my health and family."

His health?????

Bullshiite. He's way too afraid that he will get manhandled next year by Lane Kiffin and the UT Vols. pu$$y. I totally hate coaches like his sorry arse.

Actually you dunno wtf your talking about. It was said he was hospitalized after the SEC championship game due to dehydration but there were reports of him suffering chest pains. Then shortly after on the Sugar Bowl teleconference call he was not allowed to answer any questions on his health....

Quote:
Speaking on a teleconference for the Sugar Bowl later in the day, Meyer was asked twice about his health. But Sugar Bowl spokesman John Sudsbury refused to let the coach answer, requesting that all questions be related solely to the New Year's Day game against unbeaten Cincinnati.

Sudsbury referred any queries about Meyer's health to McClain, who declined to divulge any further information.

Your speculation is like everything you post, just to hate and stir the pot. This has nothing to do with Tebow or next year. It has to do with his health and it's very likely with the arachnoid cyst on his brain that he has had for years.

BTW jealousy causes hate so that must be why you "hate coaches like him".

damn calm down there, he has a right to speak his mind like anyone else. sheesh

If everybody has the right to speak his mind, doesn't that mean that KRS has that right, too?

personal attacks doesnt equal speaking his/her mind

Hmm.. As a former Mod, I can tell you that, while walking a fine line, there were no personal attacks in that post.

And just for argument's sake, everybody does have the right to speak their mind, even if the choose to attack somebody. That doesn't mean that there won't be consequences to suffer, but it's their right to do so.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by Conejo:
wow some negros are quick to jump on the old man and insult him and accuse him of s**t. Way to go if that makes you feel better. Did he molest you as a child or something?

Seriously maybe it is health related we don't know the guy. The guy worked his ass off to get Utah a national known team and he lead the Gators back to championship contention. He's probably just burnt out and needs a few years away from the game.

Like I mentioned above he has an arachnoid cyst on his brain that causes major major head pain/headaches when it flares up. It was discovered when he was a WR's coach at ND. I'd bet this is what it is and he is finally going to take the time to have something done about it.

Hmm.....

As the owner of the largest arachnoid cyst ever discovered inside a skull (I'm serious, it's the size of a large fist), treatment options are VERY limited. You just can't take it out. Nobody knows what those cysts are, how they developed or why they developed. Some people just have them.

In my case? I was experiencing symptoms of dizziness. It took six months of tests before doctors decided to scan my brain with an MRI. My doctor was so concerned he called me on a Saturday night while I was shooting craps in Vegas (I swear -- no lie) to ask me if I was feeling well. He then instructed me to leave the table so he could break the news.

The surgeon who later consulted with me regarding surgery looked me directly in the eye and asked if I had "ridden the short bus to school." I about knocked him over when I replied "no -- and in fact -- that I had a college degree."

In the end? The surgeon reccommended doing "nothing." The only option in these cases is to insert a tube into the cyst and run that tube into the esophogus (sp?) so it can drain. It's a dangerous procedure and the success rates of full recovery are slim to none. Many patients die during surgery. That is the only option that I'm aware of -- although my diagnosis was in 2003. Perhaps a new procedure has been developed since then.

I still have slides of my cyst. Can't believe the thing is as freaking large as it is. I've been dealing with half of a normal sized brain for most of my adult life. Perhaps it's the reason behind many of my dumber decisions -- like the experiment of soaking my cranium in a cloud of pot smoke for the better part of 15-years.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I wonder if Dan Mullen regrets leaving for Mississippi State. He very well could have been the next in line.

I'm sure it's something serious, though. That's a pretty sweet gig to just walk away from.

Yes and no. If he took over after Urban and won he'd be labeled as the guy who won with Meyer's recruiting classes. It'd take a while for him to get the full credit he'd deserve. However if he can continue to build on what he accomplished in his 1st year as HC he will continue to gain momentum and before long schools will be throwing money at his feet to leave Mississippi State and possibly even will field some calls from NFL teams.

I choose to ignore this post because it's likely to happen and it makes me sad. We haven't had a good coach in so long, and I really think he can make us relevant in the SEC.

And throw me in the camp of Meyer haters (yeah, it's jealousy, mostly), but I hope he recovers and coaches again someday. Dude's a hell of a coach.
""I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to re-evaluate my priorities of faith and family.

"After consulting with my family, Dr. Machen, Jeremy Foley and my doctors, I believe it is in my best interest to step aside and focus on my health and family."

His health?????

Bullshiite. He's way too afraid that he will get manhandled next year by Lane Kiffin and the UT Vols. pu$$y. I totally hate coaches like his sorry arse.

You're a Tennessee fan? Good ol' fashion ignorance. There's nothing to fear in Lane Kiffin. He poses no threat in that conference.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Dec 26, 2009 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

His health?????

You're a Tennessee fan? Good ol' fashion ignorance. There's nothing to fear in Lane Kiffin. He poses no threat in that conference.

He's a bama fan, actually.

His health?????

So I don't understand his take on all of this. He's just an Urban Meyer hater?
While it's unfortunate on the reason he stepped down, I'm glad he did. The grip that UF had on recruiting in the state of FL is finally loosening up. Hopefully, FSU can snag some of those recruits away since UF lost Meyer, Strong and Mullen these past 2 years. (One can hope)

Either way, I wish Urban Meyer the best and i hope he has a speedy recovery.
  • Money
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by Conejo:
wow some negros are quick to jump on the old man and insult him and accuse him of s**t. Way to go if that makes you feel better. Did he molest you as a child or something?

Seriously maybe it is health related we don't know the guy. The guy worked his ass off to get Utah a national known team and he lead the Gators back to championship contention. He's probably just burnt out and needs a few years away from the game.

Like I mentioned above he has an arachnoid cyst on his brain that causes major major head pain/headaches when it flares up. It was discovered when he was a WR's coach at ND. I'd bet this is what it is and he is finally going to take the time to have something done about it.

Hmm.....

As the owner of the largest arachnoid cyst ever discovered inside a skull (I'm serious, it's the size of a large fist), treatment options are VERY limited. You just can't take it out. Nobody knows what those cysts are, how they developed or why they developed. Some people just have them.

In my case? I was experiencing symptoms of dizziness. It took six months of tests before doctors decided to scan my brain with an MRI. My doctor was so concerned he called me on a Saturday night while I was shooting craps in Vegas (I swear -- no lie) to ask me if I was feeling well. He then instructed me to leave the table so he could break the news.

The surgeon who later consulted with me regarding surgery looked me directly in the eye and asked if I had "ridden the short bus to school." I about knocked him over when I replied "no -- and in fact -- that I had a college degree."

In the end? The surgeon reccommended doing "nothing." The only option in these cases is to insert a tube into the cyst and run that tube into the esophogus (sp?) so it can drain. It's a dangerous procedure and the success rates of full recovery are slim to none. Many patients die during surgery. That is the only option that I'm aware of -- although my diagnosis was in 2003. Perhaps a new procedure has been developed since then.

I still have slides of my cyst. Can't believe the thing is as freaking large as it is. I've been dealing with half of a normal sized brain for most of my adult life. Perhaps it's the reason behind many of my dumber decisions -- like the experiment of soaking my cranium in a cloud of pot smoke for the better part of 15-years.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

Wow, that's crazy.
Is he sick? I don't understand why else he could possibly step down. Really shocking stuff.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
WOw. How can anyone trash this guy? I'm a Texas fan, so I have no rooting interest. The internet age has to be terrible on these guys, so much scrutiny. 5 Years, 2 titles, and this guy has health problems. It's just a different time. I think of Bill Walsh and what he said. Winning isn't enough, you have to win big. Every week. I hope he gets better. I can't imagine the pressure. He made the best choice for his family instead of his career. Good for him.

His health?????

So I don't understand his take on all of this. He's just an Urban Meyer hater?

was that not clear from the get-go?

I guess it is true some people only use 10% of their brains
UPDATE: Not to Resign but only to take leave of absence....

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4774134
lol now he's not leaving
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Meyer has a heart defect.

You don't want to mess around with those.

Good gosh, I'm not even a Florida fan nor do I have any animosity towards Meyer. Speaking as a completely objective third party with no personal interest in the matter, the hate I see being spewed upon Meyer is absolutely classless and uncalled for, absolutely unacceptable.

Meyer has not personally wronged you, so get off his back, and don't speak such venom in ignorance.
Originally posted by teeohh:
lol now he's not leaving

Probably an NCAA investigation coming down.
Share 49ersWebzone