Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Not guilty! Regardless he will still be one of my favorite athletes.

One of your favorite atletes? Your standards are hella low my man. Im not asking offensively, but what years of Barry did you watch with the most intent?

I just can't believe anyone would have any respect for this douchebag of a player

He is easily one of my favorite as well. Look, I understand he was juicing, but so was every other baseball player...and had been for a while before he even started playing.

I watched him since his trade to the Giants. Who cares what kind of person he was off the field? He entertained his fans like no baseball player before him - and that's all it really matters.

Hey I'm sure there were 4 or 5 players who refused to juice. And they probably had incredible careers in Triple A.

Are you suggesting that Bonds was taking up their place?

It was more of a joke that if you weren't roiding at the time, you were probably weren't gonna cut it. BTW, for the first time ever I'm gonna play fantasy baseball. I noticed all of the 50+ home run hitters have disappeared. When I was a kid, everyone had someone in their line up hitting at least 45 it seemed.

I hope that cleared it up. I can't respond anymore because I'm planning my 2k post.

Oh okay. Bautista hit 50+ HRs last year. Many ppl think he is taking something. Yea, batters were doing steroids, and pitchers were doing steroids. People think 90s and early part of 200s was the steroid era. Steroids and greenies became a big part of the game in the 60s.

Greenies, yes. Steroids, no.

Anabolic steroids have been part of the game as far back as 50s. I read an article a long time ago, where a player was quoted talking about steroids use during that time. Greenies were a bigger part...player from the Braves during the 60s talked about they'd be in a jar like coffee beans around the lock-room and players popped them all the time.

The point is, people took all kinds of legal and illegal things to get the edge over others - and that's been true since long time ago. Those things were legal then, but illegal now. Some player talked about how players used to take high doses of caffeine. Yes, even very high dose of caffeine can give you serious edge over a player who hasn't taken it.
Arguedas also quizzed Bell about an e-mail she sent to Bonds' website in April 2004 listing all the women she knew that Bonds was sleeping with in New York, Phoenix, Las Vegas and elsewhere.

"This is the guy who you described as having penile dysfunction," Arguedas said. "That's a lot of action."
Jim Trotter SI_JimTrotter

RT @georgedohrmann A lot of buzz here during the recess. Consensus: This trial is over. Bonds is gonna walk.
Originally posted by valrod33:

RT @georgedohrmann A lot of buzz here during the recess. Consensus: This trial is over. Bonds is gonna walk.

sweet justice
Originally posted by ads_2006:

sweet justice

ditto
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by danimal:

sweet justice

ditto

good for him.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by danimal:

sweet justice

ditto

good for him.

that would be funny for sure!
is he really going to walk?
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

an intentional walk

I would imagine so. There was never really a case to begin with.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

I would imagine so. There was never really a case to begin with.

Such an effing waste of time. Who's gonna prosecute the prosecutors for stealing tax payer's money?

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Apr 1, 2011 at 14:29:24 ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

an intentional walk

Good one. I lol'ed.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I can understand why so many hate him, especially when they are not Giants fans. But hey I don't care, he was one of my favorite players to watch. The most feared hitter, seemed like every AB something awesome was gonna happen
J0ke of a trial. I don't give an eff if he committed perjury or not. He never should have been forced to answer questions to begin with. He plays a game. He violated the rules of the game. He should have been suspended for a period of time from the game just like everyone else who breaks the game's rules. Period.
i predict the jerk off will get away with it

i wish they found him guilty and threw the book at him
Share 49ersWebzone