LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

Best NBA Throwbacks?

Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:

Maybe cool for nostalgia, but those look like some pitiful high school jerseys, straight out of hoosiers.
Originally posted by teeohh:
that's a laker throwback? it doesn't look any different than what they have now

Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I always wondered why more people didn't wear Spurs jerseys. Not the people that are fans, but the ones who just buy jerseys because of the colors.

Warriors old school unis are easily the best.

The worst? The Nuggets, hands down.

The thing is, I'm far too white to wear any jersey. But the old "San Antonio" ones, with black letters on black with white trim, look so damn cool. The Gervin. I wish the Spurs would rock those pemanently.

The Nuggets were atrocious. They got even worse in the Mutombo 90s, IMO. The 90s overall were horrible.

This thread is slightly gay. My mom told me she liked the Bengals, IN THE SUPER BOWL AGAINST THE NINERS, because of their uniforms. I learned to shake my head at female silliness at the tender age of 8.

There's no way I could pull off wearing a jersey. If I could though, I'd wear this one.

They really should wear these more often.
Washington Bullets
Originally posted by crzy:
Both these teams need to switch back to these uniforms full time. I can't believe how ugly the new Rockets alternate jersey is

Looks like Chinese national team jersesy

It reminds of McDonalds.

-9fA
These didn't look as bad as I thought last night.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

those are sweet.

What a disgrace. It's absurd that a predominantly white Mormon fanbase has a team called the Jazz, with Mardi Gras colors.

Utah should really offer to trade team names with the Hornets.

Why would Utah OFFER to trade team names with the Hornets after they've been in Utah for 30 years? Thats ridiculous its not like the Lakers changed their names after they moved to LA so why should Utah have to change their names just because their old colors are Mardi Gras colors? Thats absurd.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

What a disgrace. It's absurd that a predominantly white Mormon fanbase has a team called the Jazz, with Mardi Gras colors.

Utah should really offer to trade team names with the Hornets.

Why would Utah OFFER to trade team names with the Hornets after they've been in Utah for 30 years? Thats ridiculous its not like the Lakers changed their names after they moved to LA so why should Utah have to change their names just because their old colors are Mardi Gras colors? Thats absurd.

Yeah, dobophile usually doesn't say much that makes sense. I've gotten used to it.

Earlier, he questioned my opinion of liking the Magic throwbacks basically because they haven't been around as long as other teams. Having nothing to do w/ the jersey...just the teams history.

^ Eh, throwback implies a long-ago era to me. The Magic uniforms are from the Shaq and Penny days. Laughable distortion of the very idea of throwbacks, IMO, but whatever.

Anyway, Utah should not be called the Jazz. Most inappropriate nickname in the NBA. At least there actually are lakes in SoCal.

There are jazz festivals in Salt Lake too. link

Whats the difference?

• jrg
  • Veteran
^ Eh, throwback implies a long-ago era to me. The Magic uniforms are from the Shaq and Penny days. Laughable distortion of the very idea of throwbacks, IMO, but whatever.

Anyway, Utah should not be called the Jazz. Most inappropriate nickname in the NBA. At least there actually are lakes in SoCal.

I don't care if Bugs Bunny and Tasmanian Devil played for the Magic.

I'm talking about the jersey..not the wins, history, players, etc.

This thread is for best NBA Throwback JERSEY.
Originally posted by jrg:

He's not talking about the players. For him, throwback means 30+ years old, am I right dobo?

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

He's not talking about the players. For him, throwback means 30+ years old, am I right dobo?

He mentioned Shaq/Penny.

Throwback could be a jersey the team wore yesterday.

I guess he just has a different opinion.

Your opinion? What do you guys think are the best?

i like those though.. reminds me of the penny hardaway days
throwback magics hands down. i have a poster of penny on my wall rockin that uni. anyone know where i can buy a pair of those shorts ?
Share 49ersWebzone