There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Best NBA Throwbacks?

Originally posted by DynastyChile:

so money.

I would say these Jazz ones and those Magic ones. I am a little biased towards the Magic ones.. I can remember as a kid watching a lot of Magic games on the NBA on NBC.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Can't post them , but of course I'm partial to the Rockets uni's from the early 90s. Nice and simple. They then followed them with the worst uni's maybe in the history of sports that resembled an 8 year old's pajamas more than a sports team.
Originally posted by dobophile:
First of all . . . the Magic? Please. A franchise needs to be around at least 35 years before it can start using throwbacks.

And talking about teal and magenta for the Spurs is irrelevant since we're talking about jerseys. Besides, who really has anything bad to say about the Spurs jersey? Silver, black, and white, no gimmicky cursive writing. Classic, bold, understated, always in style.

Anyway, best throwback? Warriors "the city" unis.

• crzy
  • Veteran
It's a tie between these two throwbacks

Both these teams need to switch back to these uniforms full time. I can't believe how ugly the new Rockets alternate jersey is

Looks like Chinese national team jersesy

^ the rockets alternate looks like a mcdonalds jersey or they ones they were for the high school game.

the hawks jersey with the blue and green were awesome, especially with "pistol" on the back.

the city jersey was classic, the cavs jersey with just CAVS and not the ugly yellow or blue cavaliers one.
Originally posted by dobophile:
First of all . . . the Magic? Please. A franchise needs to be around at least 35 years before it can start using throwbacks.

And talking about teal and magenta for the Spurs is irrelevant since we're talking about jerseys. Besides, who really has anything bad to say about the Spurs jersey? Silver, black, and white, no gimmicky cursive writing. Classic, bold, understated, always in style.

Anyway, best throwback? Warriors "the city" unis.

I always wondered why more people didn't wear Spurs jerseys. Not the people that are fans, but the ones who just buy jerseys because of the colors.

Warriors old school unis are easily the best.

The worst? The Nuggets, hands down.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

so money.

I would say these Jazz ones and those Magic ones. I am a little biased towards the Magic ones.. I can remember as a kid watching a lot of Magic games on the NBA on NBC.

I was gonna mention these Jazz ones too but wasn't sure if they would really be considered a throwback since the Jazz used them into the 2000s as well.
Mavericks old school green jersies!
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I always wondered why more people didn't wear Spurs jerseys. Not the people that are fans, but the ones who just buy jerseys because of the colors.

Warriors old school unis are easily the best.

The worst? The Nuggets, hands down.

The thing is, I'm far too white to wear any jersey. But the old "San Antonio" ones, with black letters on black with white trim, look so damn cool. The Gervin. I wish the Spurs would rock those pemanently.

The Nuggets were atrocious. They got even worse in the Mutombo 90s, IMO. The 90s overall were horrible.

This thread is slightly gay. My mom told me she liked the Bengals, IN THE SUPER BOWL AGAINST THE NINERS, because of their uniforms. I learned to shake my head at female silliness at the tender age of 8.

[ Edited by dobophile on Dec 4, 2009 at 12:00:51 ]
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:
It's a tie between these two throwbacks

Both these teams need to switch back to these uniforms full time. I can't believe how ugly the new Rockets alternate jersey is

Looks like Chinese national team jersesy

Yup, that's the one. I like simple uni's that just say the city or team name on them. I actually like the new alternates, simply because they brought back the original color scheme, but wish they would just go back to the one Dream is rocking in that photo, it's not like it looks dated in any way like some.
Originally posted by LBCniner:
Mavericks old school green jersies!

Those are sweet! I got my uncle one for his birthday... kinda wanted to keep it.

• crzy
  • Veteran
NBA players used to be allowed to wear jewelery while playing. Like Jordan's necklace and I think Gervin used to wear a necklace on some of the old highlight videos.

In baseball they still allow jewelry, but the NBA and NFL banned them.
Both of 'em.