There are 161 users in the forums

Official 2010 NBA Draft Thread

Not sure if posted. Didn't see it in the NCAA thread.

Greg Monroe says he's going back to Georgetown for junior season.

USA Today link
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Not sure if posted. Didn't see it in the NCAA thread.

Greg Monroe says he's going back to Georgetown for junior season.

USA Today link

I'll believe it when I see it. I think he's coming out.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Draymond Green starting to get hype

[ Edited by crzy on Mar 28, 2010 at 20:59:34 ]
I saw a draft site having Udoh go mid 1st round, he physically is a monster and was impressed with his ball handling skills.

Monroe is projected top 5 pick, he wont stay IMO

Willie Green the PG, apparently could hae gone top 15 last year and now he is rumored as a mid 2nd round pick. I bet he stays 1 more year

Greivis will be next years Blair
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I saw a draft site having Udoh go mid 1st round, he physically is a monster and was impressed with his ball handling skills.

Willie Green the PG, apparently could hae gone top 15 last year and now he is rumored as a mid 2nd round pick. I bet he stays 1 more year

You mean Willie Warren?

And you're overrating Greivis.

DeJuan Blair was a monster who annihilated Hasheem Thabeet. The only reason he fell to the second round is because he literally has no ACL's. Blair's knees could probably rip apart at any time. I'll be shocked if he has a long NBA career.
Originally posted by crzy:

You mean Willie Warren?

DeJuan Blair was a monster who annihilated Hasheem Thabeet. The only reason he fell to the second round is because he literally has no ACL's. Blair's knees could probably rip apart at any time. I'll be shocked if he has a long NBA career.

If Greivis can get drafted by a a team like the Knicks, Nuggets or Suns, i think he can be somewhat successful but if he isnt drafted by one of those teams it wont be long before he is playing overseas
Originally posted by valrod33:

You mean Willie Warren?

If Greivis can get drafted by a a team like the Knicks, Nuggets or Suns, i think he can be somewhat successful but if he isnt drafted by one of those teams it wont be long before he is playing overseas

I somewhat agree with this. He's definitely best suited for a run-and-gun offense, which gives me a sad because he could be somewhat effective for the Dubs but we're loaded at the guard spot so no way we take him in the 2nd. But he can be effective enough in those other teams valrod listed.

He can be a decent defender when he really commits to it and I think he can improve that, but he's also gonna need some good coaching. Playing for Gary Williams was the best thing that's ever happened to him. He IS 6'5" so he definitely has the frame to defend other PG's in the league, although he needs to bulk up a little more.

Where I disagree with valrod is I think he can succeed with other teams as well, it'll just take him longer. He's very committed and tenacious, I just don't see him going overseas until he exhausts every possibility of making it in the NBA, which is his dream. He'll never be an All-Star, but he could be a decent role player.

You mean Willie Warren?

Yes, Willie Warren

Grievis will be a 2nd round pick and IMO will be the most productive player from the round, like Blair
I would LOVE to have Vasquez on the Lakers. I think he'd be a good tri-PG and I'd bet that Kobe would love the kid. I'd be so stoked if we got him at #43.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I would LOVE to have Vasquez on the Lakers. I think he'd be a good tri-PG and I'd bet that Kobe would love the kid. I'd be so stoked if we got him at #43.

Wouldn't that be some s**t. Your boy thriving in the NBA...on the Lakers. Oh please, make it so!

Wouldn't that be some s**t. Your boy thriving in the NBA...on the Lakers. Oh please, make it so!

I would probably buy his jersey too

There's only one Lakers jersey I'd buy/wear, and that's Kobe's. He's just too good at this point. I still hate him because he's a Laker, but his talent exceeds any amount of hate I could have for the guy. Closest thing to Jordan I've ever seen.
Originally posted by vrabbit:

There's only one Lakers jersey I'd buy/wear, and that's Kobe's. He's just too good at this point. I still hate him because he's a Laker, but his talent exceeds any amount of hate I could have for the guy. Closest thing to Jordan I've ever seen.

I can respect giving the devil his due.

As far as Greivis goes, I felt so bad for him when they got knocked out of the tournament. He made two huge plays in crunch time, and I have little doubt that he would have made a third one had he been given the chance. He doesn't have the best measurables, but I'd bet that he'll excel if he goes to a good team. I'll be surprised if he's around at the 43rd pick though.

As far as Greivis goes, I felt so bad for him when they got knocked out of the tournament. He made two huge plays in crunch time, and I have little doubt that he would have made a third one had he been given the chance. He doesn't have the best measurables, but I'd bet that he'll excel if he goes to a good team. I'll be surprised if he's around at the 43rd pick though.

I suppose you're looking at Farmar as a starter and Greivis as a backup?

one of the biggest weakness i have seen from Grievis is his lateral foot speed on defense. But with so many teams playing zone/man in the NBA he might be able to play more minutes.

The Mich State game

I cant imagine how far MD would have gone if that 3 point buzzer beater didnt go in
Share 49ersWebzone