LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Official 2010 NBA Draft Thread

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I like what I see from Ekpe Udoh. I don't know where he's projected to go, but if it's after #10, he'd be a very good pick.

Udoh or Solomon Alabi?

I think both those guys are bottom of the lottery guys.
[ Edited by crzy on Jan 30, 2010 at 4:49 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
After Greg Monroe and Cole Aldrich, who will go above the rest of these guys, there are a ton of centers that I know very little about.

Donatas Motiejunas
Ekpe Udoh
Soloman Alabi
Charles Garcia
Artsiom Parakhouski
Dexter Pittman
Jerome Jordan
A.J. Ogilvy

Garcia goes to Seattle U, and Parakhouski goes to Radford U, I've never heard of these schools.

Note: I'm considering Gani Lawal a power forward. And I excluded Craig Brackins from this list.

I'm coming out with a mock draft soon.
Originally posted by crzy:
After Greg Monroe and Cole Aldrich, who will go above the rest of these guys, there are a ton of centers that I know very little about.

Donatas Motiejunas
Ekpe Udoh
Soloman Alabi
Charles Garcia
Artsiom Parakhouski
Dexter Pittman
Jerome Jordan
A.J. Ogilvy

Garcia goes to Seattle U, and Parakhouski goes to Radford U, I've never heard of these schools.

Note: I'm considering Gani Lawal a power forward. And I excluded Craig Brackins from this list.

I'm coming out with a mock draft soon.

Charles went to RCC (Riverside Community College, the local CC at home), I've seen him ball a bit, dudes raw, BIG boy, I want to say he played ball for Dorsey as far as HS goes, but he could have transferred, idk...

I dont remember much else about him, he never came across while playing here as an NBA prospect...
where do you guys go for info on the upcoming draft?

I'm trying to see if Greivis is moving up the boards with his play as of late but I don't find anything
Originally posted by Conejo:

I'm trying to see if Greivis is moving up the boards with his play as of late but I don't find anything

DraftExpress.com is pretty popular. I also like NBADraft.net.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Is there any hope for the Warriors?
Originally posted by SacRock14:

DraftExpress.com is pretty popular. I also like NBADraft.net.

DraftExpress has an entry on Vasquez from last march

NBADraft has an entry on him from 2007 comparing him to Jiri Welsch

but anyways, draftexpress has him going to the Knicks at #40, nbadraft has him going 58th to the Magic.

Hassan Whiteside is getting a lot of attention. But then again, it could be because of inferior opponents.

Greivis Vasquez, G, Maryland

Think about what Vasquez has accomplished at Maryland. He is the only player in ACC history to score 2,000 points, record 700 assists and grab 600 rebounds. He's accomplished those numbers on a team that hasn't exactly surrounded him with outstanding talent, meaning that he has faced the brunt of every opponent's defense every night.

So, while he seems to have the size (6-5), skills and basketball acumen to be an NBA draft selection, he is rated No. 81 on our Big Board, as NBA teams remain skeptical of what he can produce at the next level. I think Vasquez has a chance to make an NBA roster, though.

First of all, he has good size for a point guard, is crafty with the ball and sees the court well. He also makes just enough shots to keep defenses honest when you leave him open. His athleticism is average at best, for the NBA, but he has made up for with his solid skill package.

He has as much freedom as any player in college basketball to create his own plays, but that freedom is a double-edged sword. He gets himself in situations where he tries to do too much. But with his team's limited overall talent, he is forced into making great plays and takes a lot of tough end-of-the-shot-clock attempts.

Last season, Vasquez dropped 35 points on eventual national champion North Carolina in the Terps' upset win. Gary Williams' confidence in Vasquez has paid off again this season as the Terps are riding the Venezuelan's shoulders into the NCAA tournament.

One intangible in Vasquez's favor is his passion for the game. While that passion hasn't endeared him to opposing fans in the ACC, it fuels a very competitive nature that has fit perfectly with his coach's personality. He loves playing and working at the game and he has been coached hard every day for four seasons. Any NBA coach, on the first day of training camp, will not be wondering, "Who coached this guy?" He'll be ready to compete and do whatever it takes to make an NBA roster.
Originally posted by HIMYM:
Is there any hope for the Warriors?

NO

hey Crzy, whats your thoughts on Notre Dame F Luke Harangody?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
hey Crzy, whats your thoughts on Notre Dame F Luke Harangody?

Not a big fan. Not only is he overweight, but he's also undersized. His ceiling is Big Baby or Craig Smith. But Glen Davis is agile and Craig Smith is surprisingly quick.

Anyways, he's a college beast. And he's very strong.

[ Edited by crzy on Feb 27, 2010 at 13:03:19 ]
thanks valrod!

anyways, how about the statline today in a OT win on the road at Virginia Tech?

48 mins, 41 pts (33 after halftime), 7reb, 6 ast, 2stl, 2 TO, 3 fouls

13/33 FG, 5/15 3PT, 10/10 FT.

I'm impressed by the 2 turnovers and 3 fouls over 48 minutes.

Each passing day I feel more confident he'll be in a NBA roster next season
thanks valrod!

anyways, how about the statline today in a OT win on the road at Virginia Tech?

48 mins, 41 pts (33 after halftime), 7reb, 6 ast, 2stl, 2 TO, 3 fouls

13/33 FG, 5/15 3PT, 10/10 FT.

I'm impressed by the 2 turnovers and 3 fouls over 48 minutes.

Each passing day I feel more confident he'll be in a NBA roster next season

BULLS babyyyyy
draftexpress has the kings going for Demarcus Cousins at 4...
Share 49ersWebzone