LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 390 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
We'll have a fight most def...they bought out the garden specifically for that day.

WTF though with these guys.This buildup is killing the momentum.

i really dont' mind the venue. just wanna see these 2 go at it in the ring finally.
i'll be watching on PPV anyways LOL
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
Originally posted by maximill15:
Moneymay just posted on FB that he already has guaranteed money and pac is lying

so we'll have a fight this cinco de mayo?

This he said, she said is embarrassing. Somebody post the contract thats on the table right now....
I'm kind of over these two dudes anyways. PBF didn't look that great against good guy Ortiz, and Manny damn near lost against Marquez.

King Serg
Canelo
Julio Chavez jr feat. Freddy Roach
Khan
old as f*ck Bhops
Peterson
Klitckos
Ward
Donaire
Erik Morales comeback
Danny Garcia
Aaerrola

All these dudes have my interest right now.
I'm kind of over these two dudes anyways. PBF didn't look that great against good guy Ortiz, and Manny damn near lost against Marquez.

King Serg
Canelo
Khan
old as f*ck Bhops
Peterson
Klitckos
Ward
Donaire
Erik Morales comeback
Danny Garcia
Aaerrola

foreal
Originally posted by SF69ers:
foreal

Donaire vs Vasquez coming up will be awesome while it lasts.
yea i think 3 years ago we would have got the best of Manny and Floyd. Now it just seems like a money grab for both guys. Just like Jones vs Hopkins. By the time they fight nobody will really care and they will both be over the hill.
[ Edited by lamontb on Jan 18, 2012 at 1:05 PM ]
Originally posted by lamontb:
yea i think 3 years ago we would have got the best of Manny and Floyd. Now it just seems like a money grab for both guys. Just like Jones vs Hopkins. By the time they fight nobody will really care and they will both be over the hill.

Agreed. It's a shame.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
foreal

when is this?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Manny expected to agree to fight by this weekend according to source. However, daddy arum wants to have it late may for the new stadium. The saga continues. Dunno if floyd will want it late May.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
foreal

when is this?

Feb 4 on the JC Chavez jr undercard.

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
foreal

when is this?

Feb 4 on the JC Chavez jr undercard.

King Serg
Canelo
Khan
old as f*ck Bhops
Peterson
Klitckos
Ward
Donaire
Erik Morales comeback
Danny Garcia
Aaerrola

foreal

Old as f**k BHops...dude is the worst fighter to watch..he sucks. Even in his prime he sucked.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Old as f**k BHops...dude is the worst fighter to watch..he sucks. Even in his prime he sucked.

lulz forreals. I respect what he's accomplished but he's hard as f**k to watch. Just too old now. I agree with Iron Man's list except for BHop and Aaerrola and I'd add Cotto to the list.
Pacquiao To Return on June 9th, Outdoor Venue in Vegas via BoxingScene

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=48688#ixzz1js3y5qbU This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.
By Edward Chaykosvky

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao has set his next date, and picked his opponent, and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is not on the menu. In a recent interview with Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum revealed that Pacquiao was going to return on June 9th at a new outdoor venue on the Las Vegas Strip. Mayweather is scheduled to fight on May 5th at the MGM Grand. The temporary venue wil be constructed to seat 38,000 fans, says Arum.

Arum would not reveal the name of the opponent. Pacquiao selected his opponent from a list of four names - Juan Manuel Marquez, Timothy Bradley, Miguel Cotto or Lamont Peterson.

Fans were hoping to see Pacquiao fight Mayweather, but Arum will explore the fight in November. In an earlier interview on BoxingScene.com, Mayweather's adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, said the date of May 5th wouldn't change - because Mayweather was legally obligated to fight on that particular date. Mayweather's 90-day jail sentence, for a domestic abuse charge, was delayed to June 1 in order to allow the boxer to fight on May 5th.

"If you postpone it two or three weeks, you can make so much more money. Mayweather told the court he was committed to fight on May 5th. I think they lied and said Pacquiao was ready to fight him. Now they are saying the judge ordered them to fight on May 5? Was the MGM behind this? If the judge says you have to surrender yourself on June 1st, what the f— does it matter to the judge if you fight on May 5th or two weeks later?," Arum said.
lmao
Share 49ersWebzone