LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Pacquiao, Arum and co. can't be serious!!! Really?

Who's really ducking who?

Quote:
Currently a 70/30 split in Pacquiao's favor is on the table for a Pacquiao/Mayweather bout tenatively scheduled for May 2010
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=21989&more=1

Not sure about the veracity of that info. I think the Pacqauio camp is more amenable to a 50-50 split than the Mayweather camp is. And it may all well be a negotiating tactic on both sides anyway just to keep driving up the money to stratospheric levels.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Malignaggi LOL. He's mad because he lost to fighters that Pacquiao beat.

Malignaggi says "Something Fishy About Pacquiao"

"If the situation is what I think it is, God, Manny Pacquiao will not lose to any of these welterweight. It's unfortunate. The level we have of testing in boxing is not really that deep. I mean, we have urine tests on the day of the fight and we don't have much else...Margarito walked through Cotto, but he had to gut it out. He had to literally gut it out, grit his teeth and gut it out. Manny Pacquiao looked like he was walking in the park taking those punches, like they were pieces of paper bouncing off of him. It looked like Cotto was throwing spit balls at him...This guy came up from 118 to 122 all the way up to 147 and looked like a monster every time and he's hurting guys more as he moves up. Again, it's not a fact, but over the course of history, have you ever seen anybody in boxing history, anybody in boxing history move up in weight and hurt guys more as they move up in weight or is it the opposite," stated former jr. welterweight Paulie Malignaggi as he shared his thoughts on Manny Pacquiao's dominant win over Miguel Cotto. Malignaggi, who before the fight predicted that Cotto would defeat the Filipino icon, was a guest on the OnTheGrind Boxing Radio podcast recently and shared his thoughts on a number of subjects.

Pac would knock that guido the f out. Malinaggi would be lucky to even step into the ring with Pac anytime soon.

Who the f**k takes steroids to "get up" to 147 pounds??!!!

Filipinos may be small but they aint THAT small.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Malignaggi LOL. He's mad because he lost to fighters that Pacquiao beat.

Malignaggi says "Something Fishy About Pacquiao"

"If the situation is what I think it is, God, Manny Pacquiao will not lose to any of these welterweight. It's unfortunate. The level we have of testing in boxing is not really that deep. I mean, we have urine tests on the day of the fight and we don't have much else...Margarito walked through Cotto, but he had to gut it out. He had to literally gut it out, grit his teeth and gut it out. Manny Pacquiao looked like he was walking in the park taking those punches, like they were pieces of paper bouncing off of him. It looked like Cotto was throwing spit balls at him...This guy came up from 118 to 122 all the way up to 147 and looked like a monster every time and he's hurting guys more as he moves up. Again, it's not a fact, but over the course of history, have you ever seen anybody in boxing history, anybody in boxing history move up in weight and hurt guys more as they move up in weight or is it the opposite," stated former jr. welterweight Paulie Malignaggi as he shared his thoughts on Manny Pacquiao's dominant win over Miguel Cotto. Malignaggi, who before the fight predicted that Cotto would defeat the Filipino icon, was a guest on the OnTheGrind Boxing Radio podcast recently and shared his thoughts on a number of subjects.

Pac would knock that guido the f out. Malinaggi would be lucky to even step into the ring with Pac anytime soon.

Who the f**k takes steroids to "get up" to 147 pounds??!!!

Filipinos may be small but they aint THAT small.

What's funnier is a boy goes from fighting at 106 at 16 to 147 as a grown man at 30, and that's supposed to be impossible?

Lol. Pacquiao's walk around weight is about 145, so I don't quite see what he's b***hing about. I felt for Malignaggi after the judges in the Diaz fight robbed him, but he seriously needs to stfu about Pacquiao.
Manny/Mayweather Negotiations officially in session between Top Rank and Golden Boy

By the way, there are conflicting reports as to who is favored.

Initially articles were being published that Manny was a 8 to 5 favorite, but the latest articles peg Mayweather as a slight -165 favorite, Manny a +125 dog. Those odds sound more reasonable.
Freddie Roach interview on an Atlanta Radio Station

On whether they have talked about Pacquiao stepping away from boxing:

“Yeah, we talked about it. He wants to get into politics and stuff like that. I told him, we fight Mayweather, beat him, and it will be over.”

On whether or not he thinks Pacquiao could step away if he beats Mayweather:

“It would be the perfect scenario, but is it possible? Probably not. Boxing is a very addictive sport. Once he gets into politics and sees how tough it is and how many people he’s gonna piss off at making decisions and so forth, I think he will miss boxing and probably come back to it. I love when people go out on top and I would love to see him have the Mayweather fight and be done with it.”

On Mayweather’s comments about Pacquiao:

“Well, the thing is, (Bob) Arum called me and asked me who I wanted and I told him it was Mayweather, so he’s negotiating the deal. Manny just got over a hard fought fight and he should enjoy that a little bit and spend time with his family. He was on TV last night, he called Mayweather out. We both want Mayweather. All Floyd has to do is sign the contract. He ducked us last time, he picked (Juan Manuel) Marquez. He’s been ducking people his whole life. He ducked (Antonio) Margarito, he ducked Shane Mosley, we need the best fight and I think that’s the fight we need to make. When he asks for a 65/35 split, he’s politely saying ‘I don’t want to fight.”

Roach on KTLA

“Yeah, we talked about it. He wants to get into politics and stuff like that. I told him, we fight Mayweather, beat him, and it will be over.”

“It would be the perfect scenario, but is it possible? Probably not. Boxing is a very addictive sport. Once he gets into politics and sees how tough it is and how many people he’s gonna piss off at making decisions and so forth, I think he will miss boxing and probably come back to it. I love when people go out on top and I would love to see him have the Mayweather fight and be done with it.”

“Well, the thing is, (Bob) Arum called me and asked me who I wanted and I told him it was Mayweather, so he’s negotiating the deal. Manny just got over a hard fought fight and he should enjoy that a little bit and spend time with his family. He was on TV last night, he called Mayweather out. We both want Mayweather. All Floyd has to do is sign the contract. He ducked us last time, he picked (Juan Manuel) Marquez. He’s been ducking people his whole life. He ducked (Antonio) Margarito, he ducked Shane Mosley, we need the best fight and I think that’s the fight we need to make. When he asks for a 65/35 split, he’s politely saying ‘I don’t want to fight.”

Roach on KTLA

bolded is real talk right there!
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Roach on KTLA

3 months before the Pac-Hatton fight went down, 3 months, Mayweather was talking about fighting Juan Manuel Marquez before going ahead with bigger fights(aka Pacquiao). Everybody (knowledgeable boxing fans) knew Marquez was just a tune-up fight for the real fight he came back for (Pacquiao).

He just so happened to make the announcement for the Marquez fight during Pac and Hatton's fight. Then Roach and everybody else had the audacity to say Mayweather was ducking Pac because he couldn't wait one more day to make the fight happen, when it was well known that he had already planned long before to fight Marquez first.

Also, he had already called out Shane Mosley when Mayweather was making a name for himself and Mosley was at his peak, but Mosley refused. Now that Mayweather is the cash cow that he is, Mosley now wants to call him out so he can have one final pay check to retire on. Although I think Mosley's earned it with the whooping he gave Margarito, but Mayweather is well within his right to refuse a match with Mosley, just like Mosley refused a match with Mayweather. But nobody ever brings that up.

There's a lot of bulls**t being spilt from both sides, but fickle fans see what they want to see.

Roach on KTLA

3 months before the Pac-Hatton fight went down, 3 months, Mayweather was talking about fighting Juan Manuel Marquez before going ahead with bigger fights(aka Pacquiao). Everybody (knowledgeable boxing fans) knew Marquez was just a tune-up fight for the real fight he came back for (Pacquiao).

He just so happened to make the announcement for the Marquez fight during Pac and Hatton's fight. Then Roach and everybody else had the audacity to say Mayweather was ducking Pac because he couldn't wait one more day to make the fight happen, when it was well known that he had already planned long before to fight Marquez first.

Also, he had already called out Shane Mosley when Mayweather was making a name for himself and Mosley was at his peak, but Mosley refused. Now that Mayweather is the cash cow that he is, Mosley now wants to call him out so he can have one final pay check to retire on. Although I think Mosley's earned it with the whooping he gave Margarito, but Mayweather is well within his right to refuse a match with Mosley, just like Mosley refused a match with Mayweather. But nobody ever brings that up.

There's a lot of bulls**t being spilt from both sides, but fickle fans see what they want to see.

I actually didn't know that about Mosley so thanks for letting me know. I think both Pacman and Mayweather camps planned on setting it up like this. The Cotto and marquez warm-ups (cmon, no one really thought either of those guys would upset pacman or mayweather?) only boiled the marquee matchup even more.

Roach and Mayweather are talking it up, getting ppl excited like the old days, and now will have more than just the diehard fans watching. They'll get the highest payout of all time and will prolly not have to worry about money for years to come.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

Roach on KTLA

I actually didn't know that about Mosley so thanks for letting me know. I think both Pacman and Mayweather camps planned on setting it up like this. The Cotto and marquez warm-ups (cmon, no one really thought either of those guys would upset pacman or mayweather?) only boiled the marquee matchup even more.

Roach and Mayweather are talking it up, getting ppl excited like the old days, and now will have more than just the diehard fans watching. They'll get the highest payout of all time and will prolly not have to worry about money for years to come.

They are boxers. They will be worrying about money in a few years.
Manny/Mayweather Negotiations officially in session between Top Rank and Golden Boy

By the way, there are conflicting reports as to who is favored.

Initially articles were being published that Manny was a 8 to 5 favorite, but the latest articles peg Mayweather as a slight -165 favorite, Manny a +125 dog. Those odds sound more reasonable.

I'm seeing lots of crap being tossed back and forth by both camps. Of course Roach and Ariza are going to say Manny will take Floyd down. Word is that Floyd Jr. is fragile, which is why he's so big on defense. If this fight happens, Manny does have a 2 year age advantage. I don't think Floyd has fought anyone of the Pacman's caliber.

Ellerby and Floyd Sr. are saying it's going to be an easy fight for Floyd and are completely downplaying Manny's skills. Below, the biggest mouth of all (Floyd Sr.) says Manny can't fight at all.

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather Sr has issued a scathing assessment of Manny Pacquiao's boxing technique, claiming that the Filipino "can't fight at all". Pacquiao became a seven-weight world champion by defeating Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas this month, but Mayweather Sr said he had been unimpressed by the performance.

"You know what I took away from the Cotto fight? Pacquiao can't fight at all, man," Mayweather Sr said. "That man don't move his head … when Cotto still had his wits and was ducking underneath and moving his head, Pacquiao couldn't touch him.
Mayweather Sr. - "Pacquiao can't fight at all"

As a Pacquiao fan, I hope Pacman knocks PBF out and puts the first dent in that immaculate record. At the same time, there's not more that can be said about PBF's defense, so I know it's going to be a tough fight for both fighters. The thing about this fight that's so exciting is that it's the ultimate offense against the ultimate defense.

I hope PBF carries his father's sentiments about Manny not being a good fighter, not only because the comments are utterly ridiculous, but if PBF is gonna take the Pacman lightly, he's got another thing coming. Since when is Pacquiao an easy fight for anyone? DLH couldn't keep up, Hatton was taken out like yesterday's trash, and Cotto was utterly dominated for 11 rounds. Where is the ease in this fight?

Roach on KTLA

i'm pretty sure both sides are bullsh*tting.. but whatever.. it is what it is.. f*ck the politics.. i just want to see them fight
Come on, it's just trash talk baby! You know Roach is gonna say similar s**t about Floyd.

Should be a helluva fight!

*in regards to HaiGuise's comment*^^^
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Nov 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM ]
I'm seeing lots of crap being tossed back and forth by both camps. Of course Roach and Ariza are going to say Manny will take Floyd down. Word is that Floyd Jr. is fragile, which is why he's so big on defense. If this fight happens, Manny does have a 2 year age advantage. I don't think Floyd has fought anyone of the Pacman's caliber.

Ellerby and Floyd Sr. are saying it's going to be an easy fight for Floyd and are completely downplaying Manny's skills. Below, the biggest mouth of all (Floyd Sr.) says Manny can't fight at all.

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather Sr has issued a scathing assessment of Manny Pacquiao's boxing technique, claiming that the Filipino "can't fight at all". Pacquiao became a seven-weight world champion by defeating Miguel Cotto in Las Vegas this month, but Mayweather Sr said he had been unimpressed by the performance.

"You know what I took away from the Cotto fight? Pacquiao can't fight at all, man," Mayweather Sr said. "That man don't move his head … when Cotto still had his wits and was ducking underneath and moving his head, Pacquiao couldn't touch him.
Mayweather Sr. - "Pacquiao can't fight at all"

As a Pacquiao fan, I hope Pacman knocks PBF out and puts the first dent in that immaculate record. At the same time, there's not more that can be said about PBF's defense, so I know it's going to be a tough fight for both fighters. The thing about this fight that's so exciting is that it's the ultimate offense against the ultimate defense.

I hope PBF carries his father's sentiments about Manny not being a good fighter, not only because the comments are utterly ridiculous, but if PBF is gonna take the Pacman lightly, he's got another thing coming. Since when is Pacquiao an easy fight for anyone? DLH couldn't keep up, Hatton was taken out like yesterday's trash, and Cotto was utterly dominated for 11 rounds. Where is the ease in this fight?

yup...... Pac can't fight..... and "Mouth" Sr. proved it when he coached up Hatton..........................................................................................................................................

Good thing for Jr. is that his uncle Roger is coaching him up and not Sr.
Share 49ersWebzone