There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lebron Switching Jersey #'s at End Of Season

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by TX9R:
It just hit me. He wants to leave his Cleveland legacy in Cleveland. This will be his new number in NYC.

Would the Knicks with Lebron be better than the Cavs with him?

Would LeBron be richer with the Knicks?

i like him paired up with robinson and lee but that's pretty much it

plus the number 1 pick and Chris Bosh
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
It just hit me. He wants to leave his Cleveland legacy in Cleveland. This will be his new number in NYC.

Utah has their #1 pick. Unprotected too.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Utah has their #1 pick. Unprotected too.

Im a Knicks fan too!!
Originally posted by GEEK:
I don't agree with retiring the number. If you do that, then you set the argument that you should also do it for players like Jerry Rice.

MJ was amazing - best Bball player ever after Detlef Schrempf. But this is unnecessary.

Well the NFL does not have to follow suit with the NBA (or any other professional sport for that matter), and in the NFL you have 53 players with 99 numbers to choose from whereas the NBA has a max roster of 15 with 100 numbers you can choose from.
Originally posted by matt49er:
#23 should be retired though. The Miami Heat realized this and retired it in 93. The NBA should retire #23 just like the MLB did #42 for Robinson and NHL did for Gretksky's #99. The jumpman or some other symbol of Jordan should be the NBA logo also.

Yeah, remember when Jordan cured cancer? That was pretty amazing.

He's not bigger than the game. Chicago retiring 23 is enough, if the NBA retired it, it would be retarded.
Originally posted by matt49er:
#23 should be retired though. The Miami Heat realized this and retired it in 93. The NBA should retire #23 just like the MLB did #42 for Robinson and NHL did for Gretksky's #99. The jumpman or some other symbol of Jordan should be the NBA logo also.

Sorry, but this post is the biggest load of BS I've ever read.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I am a Jordan fan! But let's stop hating on Jerry West for being on the Damn Logo! The time the logo was invented he might have been the most logical candidate. It's a good logo that symbolizes the NBA internationally. It clearly shows a person dribbling a basketball. Majority of these fools wouldn't even cared if they thought it was just a drawing and not Jerry West. This is an example of someone hears a trivia question and all of the sudden they have an input.
Originally posted by titan:
I am a Jordan fan! But let's stop hating on Jerry West for being on the Damn Logo! The time the logo was invented he might have been the most logical candidate. It's a good logo that symbolizes the NBA internationally. It clearly shows a person dribbling a basketball. Majority of these fools wouldn't even cared if they thought it was just a drawing and not Jerry West. This is an example of someone hears a trivia question and all of the sudden they have an input.

Wait!!! You mean that there wasn't a half century of basketball played before Jordan entered the NBA?

And if they're gonna change the loge, it should be to the Kareem Sky-Hook. The most unstoppable shot in the history of the game, and performed by the all time leading scorer in NBA.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Wait!!! You mean that there wasn't a half century of basketball played before Jordan entered the NBA?

And if they're gonna change the loge, it should be to the Kareem Sky-Hook. The most unstoppable shot in the history of the game, and performed by the all time leading scorer in NBA.

That's cool! I am more for a triple logo 3D..Kobe backing up an opponent, Kobe with a turn around fade, Kobe with a swish motion as he lands!
BAM!!!!!!!!!!!

That's cool! I am more for a triple logo 3D..Kobe backing up an opponent, Kobe with a turn around fade, Kobe with a swish motion as he lands!
BAM!!!!!!!!!!!

As a lifelong Laker fan, I can't really object to this train of thought.
lebron telling other players to stop wearing 23....I think his ego is finally getting to him!
Originally posted by maximill15:
lebron telling other players to stop wearing 23....I think his ego is finally getting to him!

You've just realized this?

the only number that should be retired in their respective sport is Jackie Robinson. Maybe Roberto Clemente as well.

You've just realized this?

haha, way bigger football/ baseball fan! Basketball is 3rd and I hardly pay attention to anything lebron says or does...