There are 292 users in the forums

Loosing your quarterback for the season

In early Feburary I was asked to be the head coach for my sons flag football team. Being the leader that I am, I took the resposibility of being my sons coach. Throughout the year and spring football camps I saw the progression in my sons ability to make quick decisions. In August I went through a QB contraversy with the Organization director wanting another player other than my son as QB. My son had lost that first game to a team that out numbered us 22 players to 9. After intensive recruitment we were able to come up with 14 players and the second game of the season we lost to the team that is currently in first place in the league 26-12. My son continued to practice and learn QB skills that players don't develop until later stages in life. My team finished with a 8-2 record going into the playoffs ranked #2. We won yesterday 34-12.
Earlier today I told my wife to take the kids to the park because it was a beautiful day. She took my kids to the park and around 430 pm I got the call. My son had broken his elbow. I dont ask for sympathy but I ask for advise on how to deal with such a heart breaking situation. The funny thing is my wife was laid off two weeks ago and we have a big bill to pay without insurance. I am down. I just lost my Quarterback, my best friend, my son for the season. All my hard work and effort has gone to the drain. Please advise me. No BS please.
[url=C:Documents and SettingsMicronUserMy DocumentsMy Pictures]

[ Edited by castrellon12 on Nov 3, 2009 at 18:57:19 ]
You want advice? Play your backup QB You didn't lose your best friend, and you didn't lose your son. All that happened was that your son got hurt. Life goes on, and I'm sure your little league flag football team will be fine.

How old is your son anyways? And what kind of league is this that you need to do "intensive recruitment"?

And how did you play that one game with only 9 players?

Quote:

And what the hell were you trying to do here?

[ Edited by YourHuckleberry on Nov 3, 2009 at 19:06:22 ]
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
You want advice? Play your backup QB You didn't lose your best friend, and you didn't lose your son. All that happened was that your son got hurt. Life goes on, and I'm sure your little league flag football team will be fine.

How old is your son anyways? And what kind of league is this that you need to do "intensive recruitment"?

Quote:

I just feel bad. My son wont be part of my team. I have a total of 12 players.
I wa trying to post a picture of my greatest win of the year against our city rival. I couldn't post it. My team is full contact flag select league ages 4-6.
http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=arlingtonhurricanes
Originally posted by castrellon12:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

Quote:

I just feel bad. My son wont be part of my team. I have a total of 12 players.
I wa trying to post a picture of my greatest win of the year against our city rival. I couldn't post it. My team is full contact flag select league ages 4-6.
http://www.leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=arlingtonhurricanes

City rival...

Anyways, they're 5. I'm sure your son is less worried about reading zone defenses, and more concerned with what the snack will be after the game.

You'll be fine, your son will be fine, your team will be fine.
Share 49ersWebzone