LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 344 users in the forums

Notre Dame vs USC

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I love Tate, Clausen, and Floyd. I think all three have terrific NFL careers.
EAT A DICK JIMMY

Great win...even though the refs and the announcers sure did want ND to win, they still couldn't get it done.

Barkley for President
Weis' last two plays were quite terrible. Also, with 44 secs left in the first half and they run? No wonder why this team gets no respect.
Now that I'm done spewing my hatred of ND, I can say that Golden Tate is a stud. Kid made some insanely sweet catches.

I will give Jimmy Clausen no props, because I hate him.

On another note - what's with ND's white boys growing out their hair? They all trying to be Jeff Samardzija?
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Now that I'm done spewing my hatred of ND, I can say that Golden Tate is a stud. Kid made some insanely sweet catches.

On another note - what's with ND's white boys growing out their hair? They all trying to be Jeff Samardzija?

Wasn't that the theme of SC's white kids last year? Cushing? Matthews?
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

Wasn't that the theme of SC's white kids last year? Cushing? Matthews?

True that. Matthews was definitely rocking the long ass hair last year. Cushing's was a little long but not the level of some of the guys ND had out there.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Weis' last two plays were quite terrible. Also, with 44 secs left in the first half and they run? No wonder why this team gets no respect.

Ran the ball to run out the clock because we were deep in our own end and did not want to risk a possible turnover allowing SC a chance to put more points on the board.
  • evil
  • Veteran
EAT A DICK JIMMY

Great win...even though the refs and the announcers sure did want ND to win, they still couldn't get it done.

Barkley for President

Seemingly the same can be said for some piss poor calls in the first half by those Pac-10 refs.

You can give Jimmy no props but if he had the same kind of time in the pocket as Barkley did he would have done a much better job dissecting the USC secondary. He also was playing with turf toe on 2 of his toes so he was a lot less mobile.

Do you honestly think Barkley would have played as well with ND's OL, minus his #1 WR and with the same injury ? Clausen is the better QB right now (Barkley could be better in the future but that remains to be seen and he will never play under the same conditions Clausen has had to endure and overcome) and is forced to have to do more to make up for the Defense who still are not very good and give up too many big plays.

Also this game would have been much different with Floyd out there and no USC fan can deny that unless they are in denial of Floyd's talent and ability.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
EAT A DICK JIMMY

Barkley for President

Seemingly the same can be said for some piss poor calls in the first half by those Pac-10 refs.

You can give Jimmy no props but if he had the same kind of time in the pocket as Barkley did he would have done a much better job dissecting the USC secondary. He also was playing with turf toe on 2 of his toes so he was a lot less mobile.

Do you honestly think Barkley would have played as well with ND's OL, minus his #1 WR and with the same injury ? Clausen is the better QB right now (Barkley could be better in the future but that remains to be seen and he will never play under the same conditions Clausen has had to endure and overcome) and is forced to have to do more to make up for the Defense who still are not very good and give up too many big plays.

Also this game would have been much different with Floyd out there and no USC fan can deny that unless they are in denial of Floyd's talent and ability.

You are just full of excuses about this loss, aren't you.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Matt Barkley is really good now, just imagine him in a couple years

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
EAT A DICK JIMMY

Barkley for President

You are just full of excuses about this loss, aren't you.

No we lost because we lost. Clausen made a piss poor throw on the last play and we could not cover the TE for s**t all day long. USC was the better football team today.

But people do not want to concede to Clausen's talent especially when comparing him to the Church going golden boy Barkley. Barkley is a very good young QB prospect and may very well be a future #1 overall pick, he is also lucky to play for a school that surrounds him with such talent year after year which should definitely help him secure a Heisman and maybe even a NC. Nipplehead wants to give him no props because he hates him ....I'm sorry love or hate a player you can't deny him his deserved props if he is actually talented (I may hate Kobe Bryant but there is no denying how f**king good he is).

Just like how everyone wants to talk about the refs in this game if we only talk about how they called the game in the 2nd half but how quickly they forgot about the 1st half.

Bottom line we lost, but the season is not over and we still have to go out and try to win each week one game at a time.

Now that we are done with that, wanna talk about the USC loss to Washington ? Bring on the Aaron Corp excuses now........ Because that is exactly what the USC faithful did, they threw Corp under the bus (after many thought he would be the starter this year) but I guess it's not ok for ND fans to mention how this game would have been much different with Floyd or if we had as much talent as USC has in the trenches where football games are won. ND can still recruit but being a catholic school means we can't pay prospects to come to our school like they do in So Cal.

What about the loss to Oregon State or the one to Stanford the year prior ? USC are one of the most overrated schools in the country and do not know what a truly tough schedule is. I'd love to see them play just one year in the SEC or Big 12 where conference games are MUCH tougher and the teams are much more balanced talent wise than they are in the Pac-10 because the rest of the schools don;t have the deep pockets that USC does.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't like USC, but they would dominate in any conference.
Originally posted by crzy:

Agreed.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crzy:

Agreed.

You both honestly think they could walk into Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Florida or Alabama and just dominate these teams on the road ?

They couldn't even dominate the "2nd rate" teams in these 2 conferences on the road if they played against them. I bet the schools from those conferences would even surprise USC in their own house with how much more competitive they tend to be as compared to Pac-10 schools.
Share 49ersWebzone