LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

***The Official Boston Celtics *2022 Eastern Conference Champs* thread***

Not a good way to end the season with like 3 straight losses, though the last game the big 3 did not play. Sheed may be the biggest bust FA signing in a long time.

Here's looking forward to the playoffs...Wallace prove us all wrong.
Slick, Lundy, ...glory!!! Was uuuuuuuuuuuupppppp?!?!?!
A lot of issues with the Celtics going into the offseason

Will Doc Rivers return
Will Ray Allen resign
Will Paul Pierce opt out
Will Perkins be out a while
Will we trade up for Demarcus Cousins (as per rumors)

Should be interesting
  • bricklusnar
  • Info N/A

[ Edited by bricklusnar on Jun 22, 2010 at 15:11:39 ]
  • bricklusnar
  • Info N/A
...don't know what's up with the quote...all that was coming out was "will doc rivers return".

Anyway, I hear Kevin Mchale may be in the works if Doc leaves?

If Allen jets elsewhere what about replacing him with former Celtic Joe Johnson?

What would the Celtics have to give up to get Cousins? How about taking a chance on Whiteside from Marshall and signing Channing Frye?

If Ray Allen and Wallace leave/retire it will certainly open up some good cap room.

I think Pierce will stay a Celtic until he retires.

[ Edited by bricklusnar on Jun 22, 2010 at 15:13:48 ]
Originally posted by bricklusnar:
...don't know what's up with the quote...all that was coming out was "will doc rivers return".

Anyway, I hear Kevin Mchale may be in the works if Doc leaves?

If Allen jets elsewhere what about replacing him with former Celtic Joe Johnson?

What would the Celtics have to give up to get Cousins? How about taking a chance on Whiteside from Marshall and signing Channing Frye?

If Ray Allen and Wallace leave/retire it will certainly open up some good cap room.

I think Pierce will stay a Celtic until he retires.

As a Marshall alum I would love to have Whiteside as a celtic
Screw the Heat

The Gangs all coming back and they are motivated
The gang and the new C's.

If Perkins comes back healthy next season we're going to be roughing up people in the paint.

Shaq, 7'2, 325 lbs
Davis, 6'9, 290 lbs
Perkins, 6'10, 280 lbs

That's almost 900 lbs of possible frontcourt madness being thrown at you.

Now throw in Garnett and O'Neal and you have one of the deepest front courts in the league even without Perkins.

I still feel Davis could be a special player if he lost 40-50 lbs.

Rondo, have you been working on that jumper? I read a story about Matt Barnes transforming his shooting technique over the course of one summer and it paid huge dividends for his career. If Rondo could hit consistently from the FT at a 75% clip + and knock down the open jumper at 40-50%...we are an entirely DIFFERENT team for the better.

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Aug 7, 2010 at 08:34:22 ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

If Perkins comes back healthy next season we're going to be roughing up people in the paint.

Shaq, 7'2, 325 lbs
Davis, 6'9, 290 lbs
Perkins, 6'10, 280 lbs

Now throw in Garnett and O'Neal and you have one of the deepest front courts in the league even without Perkins.

Rondo, have you been working on that jumper? I read a story about Matt Barnes transforming his shooting technique over the course of one summer and it paid huge dividends for his career. If Rondo could hit consistently from the FT at a 75% clip + and knock down the open jumper at 40-50%...we are an entirely DIFFERENT team for the better.

shaq is not 7'2
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Shaq, 7'2, 325 lbs
Davis, 6'9, 290 lbs
Perkins, 6'10, 280 lbs

shaq is not 7'2

If fact, he's not even 7 feet. When he was on the Magic Johnson show (yeah, that pitiful show that didn't make it a month or 2) he was eye to eye with Magic. He asked him why people say he's 7 foot 1, 2, blah blah blah, and he said he didn't know and people just like to enhance the truth.

Shaq is NOT a good idea.

1. Now the lane will be even more clogged for the PG who can't shoot.

2. Shaq doesn't set good screens and doesn't move well without the ball.

3. Boston just gave Kobe a good reason to score 50 a game against you guys. He will never let a team with Shaq on it beat him...Never! Even if he was the only Lakers player and it was 1 on 5, he will never let Shaq beat him. You guys just signed your notice to rebuild.

BTW, thanks a lot for choking in that 4th quarter Boston.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Shaq is NOT a good idea.

1. Now the lane will be even more clogged for the PG who can't shoot.

2. Shaq doesn't set good screens and doesn't move well without the ball.

3. Boston just gave Kobe a good reason to score 50 a game against you guys. He will never let a team with Shaq on it beat him...Never! Even if he was the only Lakers player and it was 1 on 5, he will never let Shaq beat him. You guys just signed your notice to rebuild.

BTW, thanks a lot for choking in that 4th quarter Boston.

• Dino
  • Veteran
lol
We're back boys!

What a stacked roster--wonder how the chemistry will play out. 2-0 in the preseason so far. I think if Docs finds success early he's going to try and figure out how to maintain that success for home court advantage in the playoffs.

Rondo
Allen
Pierce
Garnett
Shaq

Off the bench...

Nate
Big Baby
J. O'Neal
D. West
V. Wafer
M. Daniels

and Perkins probably after the all star break or something is my guess.
Go BBM
Share 49ersWebzone