LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks Off-Season Thread ***

a-train is gone too

Volchenkov to Devils for at least 6 years @ 4.5 a year

damnit doug

f**k all you for getting my hopes up

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jul 1, 2010 at 13:41:11 ]
if LA signs kovalchuk we are screwed with the sorry defense dw is gonna put on the ice
Originally posted by ads_2006:
a-train is gone too

Volchenkov to Devils for at least 6 years @ 4.5 a year

damnit doug

f**k all you for getting my hopes up

Hamhuis gone, Volchenkov gone. Hey, there's still Mitchell and Bergeron left.

The success Nitty has had, and a "clue" as to what Doug will do next:

Quote:
The 30-year-old Niittymaki is 83-79-28 in parts of six NHL seasons, but Wilson also cited his successful history in the minors and the Olympics. He was the MVP of the Calder Cup playoffs in 2005 while leading the Philadelphia Phantoms to an AHL title, and he starred in the 2006 Turin Games, leading Finland to the gold-medal match while winning the Olympics' MVP award.

"When we looked at the style and type of goalie, that broke it down a little bit," Wilson said. "Then we went to the guys who had a winning history and had played in a certain type of environment, and Antero certainly jumped out at us."

The Sharks used the money they saved on Nabokov to sign forwards Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski to long-term contract extensions last month.

San Jose lost free-agent forward Manny Malhotra on Thursday to the Vancouver Canucks, who gave him a three-year deal.

San Jose also signed Princeton forward Cam MacIntyre to a two-year contract. Although the Sharks will pay attention to the free-agent market, Wilson said it's likely they'll be more active in trade discussions in the next few days.

The thing is, that's not NHL success. It doesn't really matter though, we all know who the future goalie likely will be, and for this year at least, Greiss will probably start the season.

They're probably going to trade Gooch for Kaberle or something. I'd rather give up picks and Huskins/Wallin.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 1, 2010 at 14:59:52 ]
The Canucks might be looking to trade a D-man. If we don't add another in FA, we may try to trade with Vancouver. As long as it's not Rome or Alberts, I'd take any of their others for the right price.

Vancouver now has:

Keith Ballard
Dan Hamhuis
Sami Salo - Mammoth point shot.
Kevin Bieksa
Alex Edler - Beast
Christian Erhoff - An all-star for them last year.
Shane O'Brien - Very good young D-man.
Andrew Alberts
Aaron Rome

A lot of those guys are too talented to be 3rd-pairing D-men. Who knows, maybe they'll stay, but that's a heck of a group they've got there.
lol

trade for errhoff
lol

trade for errhoff

Well we know that's not gonna happen now. There's virtually no defense left, even Lydman, Leopold, and Derek Morris are gone.

Best (and really the only) available D left are: Carlo Colaiacovo, M.Bergeron, and W.Mitchell.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
The Canucks might be looking to trade a D-man. If we don't add another in FA, we may try to trade with Vancouver. As long as it's not Rome or Alberts, I'd take any of their others for the right price.

Vancouver now has:

Keith Ballard
Dan Hamhuis
Kevin Bieksa
Alex Edler - Beast
Andrew Alberts
Aaron Rome

A lot of those guys are too talented to be 3rd-pairing D-men. Who knows, maybe they'll stay, but that's a heck of a group they've got there.

bieksa is the more likely available. theyre not trading the younger guys
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Vancouver now has:

Keith Ballard
Dan Hamhuis
Kevin Bieksa
Alex Edler - Beast
Andrew Alberts
Aaron Rome

bieksa is the more likely available. theyre not trading the younger guys

Or Salo. Salo has struggled with a few injuries lately.
Some Niittymaki video:

The one at 3:00 and 3:20 in that last one were very good saves.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
The success Nitty has had, and a "clue" as to what Doug will do next:

Quote:
The 30-year-old Niittymaki is 83-79-28 in parts of six NHL seasons, but Wilson also cited his successful history in the minors and the Olympics. He was the MVP of the Calder Cup playoffs in 2005 while leading the Philadelphia Phantoms to an AHL title, and he starred in the 2006 Turin Games, leading Finland to the gold-medal match while winning the Olympics' MVP award.

"When we looked at the style and type of goalie, that broke it down a little bit," Wilson said. "Then we went to the guys who had a winning history and had played in a certain type of environment, and Antero certainly jumped out at us."

The Sharks used the money they saved on Nabokov to sign forwards Patrick Marleau and Joe Pavelski to long-term contract extensions last month.

San Jose lost free-agent forward Manny Malhotra on Thursday to the Vancouver Canucks, who gave him a three-year deal.

San Jose also signed Princeton forward Cam MacIntyre to a two-year contract. Although the Sharks will pay attention to the free-agent market, Wilson said it's likely they'll be more active in trade discussions in the next few days.

The thing is, that's not NHL success. It doesn't really matter though, we all know who the future goalie likely will be, and for this year at least, Greiss will probably start the season.

They're probably going to trade Gooch for Kaberle or something. I'd rather give up picks and Huskins/Wallin.

I hope so, our defence is cheese thin right now.
Dan ellis has a better chance to start in tampa than here

he knew that and mentioned that i believe.

Eklund mentions that since hamhuis signed, we are moving in on kaberle or kubina

Kubina gone: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=533636
Look for the San Jose Sharks to approach Joe Thornton about a contract extension this summer. He's got one year left at $7.2 million

- pierre lebrun twitter
Look for the San Jose Sharks to approach Joe Thornton about a contract extension this summer. He's got one year left at $7.2 million

- pierre lebrun twitter

a bday present for joe

- pierre lebrun twitter

I've been wondering what our thoughts on Jumbo would be. I wouldn't want to see him traded away. I imagine the first player we'd trade away when/if Couture and McGinn ever get to "elite" status is probably Heatley. Seto could probably get to Heatley's level in the future, and he's still extremely young (6 years younger than Heatley). We can't let Seto go.
Share 49ersWebzone