LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 400 users in the forums

Official 2009-2010 WORLD CHAMPION LA Lakers Thread

SASHA WITH SHORT HAIR?

just found it on justin tv......on the lakers website it says kcal, but since i'm not in the la area this will do for now.
good god sasha misses and gets called for a tech......guess the season has arrived.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
The Webzone slapfights have started!!! Basketball really IS back, baby!!!

And now I have to hate you again. Just when I was starting to like you.

Yeah, I think that summer lovers is all we'll ever be.

Summer lovin', happened so fast.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Shannon Brown absolutely abused Mikki Moore. 'Twas a thing of beauty.

That was f**king awesome. I can't wait to watch a whole season of that guy.

That will definitely be on YouTube.
Randolph
gaffney is my new sun yue

The distribution of the pg minutes will be interesting. In this game at least, all have shown what they're capable of, but that was the highlight of the game....ShanWow at it again.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JDeezy:

The distribution of the pg minutes will be interesting. In this game at least, all have shown what they're capable of, but that was the highlight of the game....ShanWow at it again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uljA7tpVV4w

My favorite part (after the dunk of course): "haha are you serious ... ?"
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by JDeezy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uljA7tpVV4w

My favorite part (after the dunk of course): "haha are you serious ... ?"

I'll preface this with saying that it's hard to get all that much out of a game against the Dubs, because IMO they don't play "real" NBA basketball. They're not the worst team or anything, but their style doesn't always translate to other teams.

That being said, a few observations...

Kobe - It's not like we're gonna see anything new outta the guy at this point, but I was really surprised with how aggressive he was on both ends of the court. He played w/regular season intensity. There were a couple of times where he went to the hoop, and I cringed.

Pau - Same ol' Pau.

Artest - I kept my eyes on just him for a lot of the time that he played. I wanted to see how well he knew the triangle. With a couple of exceptions, he had it down. As wacky as he is, it's easy to forget that he's a pretty smart and fundamentally sound player.

I was cracking up because he reminds me of an old man. Has almost no hops, is crafty as hell, and has "old man strength", where everyone just kinda bounces off of him. He still has very quick hands, and played good defense overall. And as I said, I was pleasantly surprised by how well he kept the flow of the offense. He's ahead of schedule in that respect, IMO.

Odom - Same ol' Lamar, although it was fun watching him play against Randolph since they're so similar.

Bynum - Led the team in scoring with 24 points in 30 minutes or so. (box score isn't up yet) Scored most of his points off of shots that Kobe, Gasol, & Artest created. Was often slow in his defensive rotations, which was discouraging.

That being said, his elevation is MUCH better than it was for most of last year. He looks 100% healthy. He was very active as well. He was 2nd in the league in dunks the first year he got hurt, and he was throwing 'em down like that tonight, which he didn't do last year. He's gonna feast off of the opportunities that the other guys create, as well as offensive rebounds.

Fisher - Same guy. Still can't guard anyone (he's the only guy Curry was able to beat to the hole) and takes contested jump shots with 13 seconds left on the shot clock that make you say....why?

Shannon Brown - The guy is just ridiculously athletic. Just unbelievable. He physically overwhelmed (more on that later) Stephen Curry and forced him into a ton of turnovers. Defensively, he's soooo damn good. Knocked down open shots, just like last year. He's the same guy you saw in the playoffs a few months ago.

Farmar - Just about the same player. Excels in the open court, so this game was perfect for him. Ran the triangle a little better though. Still crappy defense though.

Sasha
- Actually hit some shots, and didn't play as though he HAD to shoot the ball every time he touched it. Was much more under control on both ends of the court. Let's hope he keeps that up.

Walton - Same ol' Walton

Adam Morrison - This guy has no business on our roster. I know he'll probably make it because he's well payed, but I can't find a discernable NBA skill. And on top of that, he runs to the wrong spot and f**ks up the offense half the time.

Josh Powell - Same guy.

Tony Gaffney - This is the only one of the "scrubs" that I feel are worth mentioning. I really like this guy. He's athletic and plays with a very high energy level. Reminds me a little of Lou Amundsen in Phoenix. I hope he makes the roster, although he'll probably end up on our D-League team.

Overall - Physically overwhelming. That's all I could think about when we had certain lineups out there. It was like 9th graders vs. 5th graders. Brown/Kobe/Artest/Odom/Bynum was absolutely suffocating defensively. They abused Stephen Curry over and over again in traps. Our full court press was very good as well.

Offensively we were amazingly fluid and just beautiful to watch. The thing that stood out to me is how many complete players we have this year. Kobe, Gasol, Artest, & Odom can all perform at a high level in almost every aspect of the game, and the open looks that creates are countless. It IS the Warriors, but open shots in the context of our offense happened pretty much every time.

This team is jaw-droppingly talented.
Haha. Thank you, guys...but it makes me a little uncomfortable.

Did either of you catch the game?
Haha. Thank you, guys...but it makes me a little uncomfortable.

Did either of you catch the game?

I missed the whole thing. That's why I appreciate the break down. I saw the highlights though, and it looks like we haven't missed a beat. I know it's only a preseason game, but I'm feeling real good about this year. Probably more than last year. And we all know how I felt about last year's team.

^^^

Here's a higher quality link for the dunk last night.

Share 49ersWebzone