There are 156 users in the forums

Official 2009-2010 WORLD CHAMPION LA Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Lakers don't plan on offering Farmar an extension

No surprise there.

If the gut didn't disappear for huge stretches of the season, maybe he'd deserve an offer.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

No surprise there.

If the gut didn't disappear for huge stretches of the season, maybe he'd deserve an offer.

It should be interesting to see what his market value is. I see him being coveted and productive in a more up tempo style. He just doesn't really fit with the Lakers philosophy.

Agreed. He has a pretty high opinion of himself, and has rep around the league for being kind of a schmuck though. I wonder what kind of impact that has on these sorts of things. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by the trading deadline, to be honest.

No surprise there.

It should be interesting to see what his market value is. I see him being coveted and productive in a more up tempo style. He just doesn't really fit with the Lakers philosophy.

Agreed. He has a pretty high opinion of himself, and has rep around the league for being kind of a schmuck though. I wonder what kind of impact that has on these sorts of things. I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by the trading deadline, to be honest.

I rather have Brown in there anyway. Maybe we can move him for a shooter.
Quote:
"Jackson flipped on Friday night in Los Angeles when Nellie let him stay on the floor to pick up five fouls and a technical inside of 10 minutes. Jax was at wit's end when he started clinging close to Kobe Bryant(notes). One source on the court says Kobe addressed Jax as ‘Young Fella,' and for some odd reason that pushed Jackson over the edge. Soon, Jackson was cursing Nellie and storming to the locker room on his way to a two-game preseason suspension."

Article Link
Originally posted by Arminini:

No surprise there.

I rather have Brown in there anyway. Maybe we can move him for a shooter.

brown is good backup we still need a starting PG once fish retires
Originally posted by GameOver:
Quote:
"Jackson flipped on Friday night in Los Angeles when Nellie let him stay on the floor to pick up five fouls and a technical inside of 10 minutes. Jax was at wit's end when he started clinging close to Kobe Bryant(notes). One source on the court says Kobe addressed Jax as ‘Young Fella,' and for some odd reason that pushed Jackson over the edge. Soon, Jackson was cursing Nellie and storming to the locker room on his way to a two-game preseason suspension."

Article Link

He may not be a young fella, but he certainly does act like one. That stupid POS better get his act together. He's on my Fantasy team.
A thread on LG was talking about how Shannon Brown would make a sick WR. 6' 4" with speed and hops. He could really go up and get a ball.

Pointless topic, but man. We could use a big possession receiver like that.
A thread on LG was talking about how Shannon Brown would make a sick WR. 6' 4" with speed and hops. He could really go up and get a ball.

Pointless topic, but man. We could use a big possession receiver like that.

would maybe resemble steve smith. but taller
Is tonight's game on TV for you guys? Not on in Sac...hoping to maybe score it online.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Is tonight's game on TV for you guys? Not on in Sac...hoping to maybe score it online.

I believe so, yes.

Yeah, 7pm on KCAL.

Lakers not on the league pass.......justin.tv it is.

It definitely would be an epic let down. Not a chance in hell, eh? Care to make a gentlemen's bet? I'll even buy the jersey for you to wear, but you'll have to supply the camera.

What do I get if I win?
Originally posted by 9erReign:

It definitely would be an epic let down. Not a chance in hell, eh? Care to make a gentlemen's bet? I'll even buy the jersey for you to wear, but you'll have to supply the camera.

What do I get if I win?

Use your imagination, provided that years of college and writing computer code haven't stripped you of the ability.
It's so nice to see Bynum this healthy again. He's back at the "just throw it somewhere around the rim and he'll dunk it" level.

And Kobe's focusing waaaaaaaay more on man defense than he has in awhile.
It's so nice to see Bynum this healthy again. He's back at the "just throw it somewhere around the rim and he'll dunk it" level.

And Kobe's focusing waaaaaaaay more on man defense than he has in awhile.

Seemed like Kobe was trying to welcome Tyreke to the league. I was surprised to see Kobe on him, but I like the test. Tyreke looks solid.

And Bynum definitely seems like he's 100% back. Our interior defense is weak, but Bynum has shown multiple ways to score.
Share 49ersWebzone