LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 210 users in the forums

Manny Pacquiao vs Mayweather could look a lot like this:

This is probably one of the best threads in Other Sports

-9fA
Marquez will be the measuring stick for Pacquio.

You want to see Manny vs Mayweather?

Watch this Saturday.

IMO Marquez won that last Pacquio fight.

I don't think Mayweather is as powerful as Pacquio.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Watch this Saturday.

precision is Mayweathers game.

oh and while searching for Mayweather gifs, I came across this. Had to share!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Watch this Saturday.

precision is Mayweathers game.

oh and while searching for Mayweather gifs, I came across this. Had to share!
I keep looking for the friggin quote button on the top right.

DAMMIT!

Yeah, ''Ployd beet Hatton in ten rounds, Pacquioououu beet heem in paking 3. ''

that was my fillipino impression over the internets.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
How do you figure this? Floyd hasn't lost a fight so how do you figure he is on the decline? He beat Hatton & Oscar just like Manny did so what are you talking about?

If Mayweather is that good of a fighter, and I don't doubt that he is, he'd take on Manny without dancing around and coming up with excuses left and right. PERIOD.

Seriously, I like Mayweather, but he doesn't help himself by running around what could be the biggest fight in so many years! Oh, and see Stoney's response...

Or you know it could look a lot like this.

Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
How do you figure this? Floyd hasn't lost a fight so how do you figure he is on the decline? He beat Hatton & Oscar just like Manny did so what are you talking about?

If Mayweather is that good of a fighter, and I don't doubt that he is, he'd take on Manny without dancing around and coming up with excuses left and right. PERIOD.

Seriously, I like Mayweather, but he doesn't help himself by running around what could be the biggest fight in so many years! Oh, and see Stoney's response...

Mayweather certainly isn't on the decline, but I think leaving the game for the upteenth odd months or so definitely hurt. He also could've made some money to pay all those backtaxes by fighting a Cotto or a Margarito (pre-cheat)

Just tired of Mayweather's bullshi*. But that's what makes him a successful businessman.

1. He signs the Marquez fight the day of the Hatton/Pacman fight.

2. He later backtracks and says if Pacman really wanted the fight, all he had to do was say so and he could've paid Marquez "step-aside" money to make the fight happen.

2.5 Fluff, talk, talk, talk, talk, Fluff.

3. If I remember the sequence of events correctly...you wait 12 hours after the Pac/Hatt fight and announce a Mayweather/Pacman fight. But of course, no wait....can't go straight for Pacman. Let's have Marquez fresh off his first lightweight fight move up 1.5 divisions and fight at a catchweight. Right. Good businessman I tell you. Damn good.

Watch this Saturday.

I am also one who thought Marquez won the last fight with Pac, but barely with a split decision as well. You take out the four knockdowns by Pacquiao on Marquez, and this isn't even a debate. Pacquiao is not who he is now without those knockdowns.

And I agree, Pacquiao is the more powerful puncher. Mayweather has brittle, very brittle hands, but he holds the speed advantage slightly, and a greater advantage defensively.

Pop, pop, shoulder roll. Get ready to see it this weekend. Two counterpunchers in the ring this weekend. Not a fight for the slugfest fan.
Now I know I've already said my peace about a potential mayweather vs Pacman fight, but we're all assuming both will win their next fights.

Now I ask all of you, what would happen if one or even if both were to lose? Would they still be fighting for pound for pound title or would someone else move into the argument?

I think if mayweather loses, he'll blame his injury and brush it off and knows he would have to fight Pacman.

If Pacman loses, then Mayweather would be able to dance around him saying "Well i'm undisputedly the pound for pound champ and don't have to fight pacman, so now i've scheduled to fight Muhammed Ali, Gary Coleman, and Rocky Balboa. Should be some close ones"

If they both lose, then they should both still fight and winner takes on marquez.
No way Cotto beats Pac

I have no clue what kind of Mayweather we will see.

He hasn't fought in a year .

He could've either roided up, or just got sloppy.

• eddie23
  • Info N/A
Pac Man has never been hit by a true live welter. We'll see how well he takes Cotto's punches. If he can withstand Cotto, he'll KO Cotto in the 9th or 10th, if not earlier.

Cotto's a smart fighter though, he can offset a fighter's speed by picking him off. Just like he did Mosley.

It will also depend a lot on Cotto's stamina. He was ready to hit the deck against Clottey in the later rounds, but Clottey was out of gas too and couldn't finish the job. Stamina is not a problem for Pacquiao though.

So many factors play into this fight. Really looking forward to it!!!!
Originally posted by eddie23:
Pac Man has never been hit by a true live welter. We'll see how well he takes Cotto's punches. If he can withstand Cotto, he'll KO Cotto in the 9th or 10th, if not earlier.

Cotto's a smart fighter though, he can offset a fighter's speed by picking him off. Just like he did Mosley.

It will also depend a lot on Cotto's stamina. He was ready to hit the deck against Clottey in the later rounds, but Clottey was out of gas too and couldn't finish the job. Stamina is not a problem for Pacquiao though.

So many factors play into this fight. Really looking forward to it!!!!

Exactly.... I also think that Manny may not have the power to hurt the big ol mean Puerto Rican. I have Cotto winning by K.O. in the 9th. Cotto is tougher than most people are thinking. AM had to use bricks on him and he still kept coming.

I think this fight will be awesome. Pac is no punk and Cotto is a very strong determined fighter. If Cotto looks as bad as DLH looked then I will give mucho props to Pac Man.
who knows whats gonna happen. i hope pac is the underdogg thou. i just know it's gonna be the biggest challenge for both fighters. as a pacman fan i still enjoy watching his losses and draw as much as his wins. its the fight in him to never give up that gets me juiced kinda like "chico"
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Now I know I've already said my peace about a potential mayweather vs Pacman fight, but we're all assuming both will win their next fights.

Now I ask all of you, what would happen if one or even if both were to lose? Would they still be fighting for pound for pound title or would someone else move into the argument?

I think if mayweather loses, he'll blame his injury and brush it off and knows he would have to fight Pacman.

If Pacman loses, then Mayweather would be able to dance around him saying "Well i'm undisputedly the pound for pound champ and don't have to fight pacman, so now i've scheduled to fight Muhammed Ali, Gary Coleman, and Rocky Balboa. Should be some close ones"

If they both lose, then they should both still fight and winner takes on marquez.

I think both are definite possibilities. Although Mayweather's still the heavy favorite, the time off may have taken a toll on him. With Pacman, it's the obvious smaller fighter vs young and hungry naturally bigger fighter so he can lose his bout just as equally.

Marquez wins the next fight, and Pac wins, we'll see the final chapter in their trilogy.

Mayweather wins, Pac wins...I still say theres a 30% chance of it (super mega-fight) happening because both camps feel they should take home the larger purse which will be the biggest problem making that fight.

Either outcome in the PFB/Marquez fight coupled with a Pacman loss, you're going to see some helter-skelter in the welterweight division. Mosley/Cotto would probably be in the works. I'm just curious to see what kind of Mayweather we'll be getting this weekend.
As for Pac/Cotto, Pac's never felt a true welter's punch...but then again Cotto's never faced speed like Pac. If Cotto comes into the ring in the high 150's, even 160, forget about it, Pac will utilize the same exact strategy he used to pick apart De La Hoya's face.

Pac will come into the November bout at 148-150. Book it. He'll definitely hurt when Cotto hits him. Thing is, will he be able to catch him? Also, keep in mind that Cotto cuts easily, how easily a lightweight will cut him we'll see. Cotto can take some punches. It sure will be exciting as hell though.

Vegas normally knows their s**t when it comes to boxing. The current odds right now are

Pacman -265
Cotto +205

Under 9.5 rounds -155
Over 9.5 rounds +115

For those of you with the lucky non-degenerate trait of gambling, the odds imply that Pacman is more than 2 1/2 to one favorite to win the fight, and more than likely will win before the 10th round. I'm a pretty optimistic Pacquiao fan, but to say he's a 2.5 to 1 favorite is a bit ridiculous IMO. I can totally see why they placed the O/U at 9.5. Like I said, if Cotto comes in not able to handle Pacquiao's speed, Pacquiao WILL open a cut on Cotto's face and a stoppage will be in the works if he's given adequate time to butter it up.
Share 49ersWebzone