There are 101 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Bill Walton appreciation thread

Originally posted by crzy:
I love Bill Walton



Keep 'em coming!!!



  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272


This guy always cracks me up. He needs to get back on television.

After Alcindor, Walton was the greatest college basketball player I have ever seen. He would have had an equally great pro career without the injuries.

However..... I fricking HATE him as an announcer. He is like nails on a chalkboard. LOL
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
After Alcindor, Walton was the greatest college basketball player I have ever seen. He would have had an equally great pro career without the injuries.

However..... I fricking HATE him as an announcer. He is like nails on a chalkboard. LOL

You can't take anything he says seriously. He's just full of hyperbole and has a weird sense of humor.
  • BigRon
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,778
The best segment ever on sports radio. Dan Patrick Show about 6 years ago. Rob Dibble says "Hi Bill" and 13 minutes later, Dan says "we are out of time, gotta go to commercial, Thanks Bill." I don't think Walton even took a breathe.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,272
Quote:
"Walton: That has to be a foul.
Snapper: Against who?
Walton: Against the game of basketball."

Quote:
"Eddie Griffin has put up the 2 worst shots in the history of the Houston Rockets franchise here tonight"

Quote:
"Greg Ostertag is one of the finest centers in the history of Western Civilization."

Quote:
"this is the 101st anniversary of the law of relativity" - right in the middle of a play
Originally posted by BigRon:
The best segment ever on sports radio. Dan Patrick Show about 6 years ago. Rob Dibble says "Hi Bill" and 13 minutes later, Dan says "we are out of time, gotta go to commercial, Thanks Bill." I don't think Walton even took a breathe.

That is hillarious. As annoying as I find him to be it is pretty remarkable how he overcame his horrible stuttering problem to be able to ramble on like he does now.
haha finally an appreciation thread for my uncle. As many of you may know Bill is my uncle and luke is my cousin. Bill was great on TV but right now he isnt doing so well. He had back surgery a while back and is on the slow road to recovery.
Originally posted by AC49er:
haha finally an appreciation thread for my uncle. As many of you may know Bill is my uncle and luke is my cousin. Bill was great on TV but right now he isnt doing so well. He had back surgery a while back and is on the slow road to recovery.

DIdnt know that. So.. can you get me free tickets to the Laker games?
Originally posted by crzy:
Quote:
"Walton: That has to be a foul.
Snapper: Against who?
Walton: Against the game of basketball."

Quote:
"Eddie Griffin has put up the 2 worst shots in the history of the Houston Rockets franchise here tonight"


Both of these are All-Time! I just can't wrap my brain around the idea that people don't love this guy.


Originally posted by AC49er:
haha finally an appreciation thread for my uncle. As many of you may know Bill is my uncle and luke is my cousin. Bill was great on TV but right now he isnt doing so well. He had back surgery a while back and is on the slow road to recovery.

I met him in August of '92 at a little shop in Tahoe. He was wearing a sweet Grateful Dead jacket. Looking back, I guess that was a young Luke he was with.
Originally posted by crzy:
Quote:
"Walton: That has to be a foul.
Snapper: Against who?
Walton: Against the game of basketball."

Quote:
"Eddie Griffin has put up the 2 worst shots in the history of the Houston Rockets franchise here tonight"

Quote:
"Greg Ostertag is one of the finest centers in the history of Western Civilization."


Quote:
"this is the 101st anniversary of the law of relativity" - right in the middle of a play

Nothing but the truth in that statement.
Others are annoyed by him, but I personally find his announcing skills to be humorous and entertaining ...Plus I have "The Big Red Heads" Blazer Jersey
  • dman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,453
Bill Walton is one of my favorite humans of all time.
I hated him as a young kid, because his senses of humor eluded me, so I thought him an idiot, but I grew up and developed an odd senses of humor myself, so now I understand he.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home