LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

England Win The Ashes!

I know nobody else around here cares but !

AT the end of a great series of test cricket, England have overcome the old foe! Nice work from a young side.

Great play by one of the most sporting Aussie teams I recall seeing. On the fourth day they almost managed to do the impossible.

A very entertaining series.
Congratulations mate.

Australia has held the upper hand recently, but you guys came through in a big way.

I think you have severely exposed Australia's lack of consistent middle order batting and a top spinner.

-9fA
Thank you! Australia's dominance with just occasional interruptions for some years renders the victory sweeter!

Yes, the absence of a class spinner hurt. We also benefitted from a couple of youngsters working out well. And unless I am much mistaken, the Aussie tail is longer than it used to be.

High points for Australia? By far the most centuries, for a start! The team has been generally considered magnificent ambassadors for Australia.

Great series!
Actually the Australian tale played very very well in both the South Africa home and away series. The tail was one of the reasons why Australia's strengths.

Mitchell Johnson in particular showed he could bat, a lot of people in the media were going so far as to saying that he should be classified as an all-rounder. Too bad he didn't show up to spearhead the bowling attack.

Who won man of the series btw?

-9fA
Can somebody explain the title of the thread? Is the trophy an urn with a guy's ashes in it, or something?
Strauss

Stoney: the first time the colonials actually managed to beat us at our game, someone wrote a memorial to English cricket in The Times. The stumps and bails were burnt and put in an urn. Of such insignificant events are legends formed, and this urn is the trophy for which England play Australia ever two years, alternately home and away. It is one of the most enduring rivalries in international sport.
Steven Fry was going crazy on his twitter, I had no idea what he was talking about until I heard BBC news on my local college radio station.

cool news
They only give us a replica urn to take home

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Aug 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Yes, well, if we gave you the real thing whenever you won it we would never see it!
Originally posted by English:

-9fA

Yes, well, if we gave you the real thing whenever you won it we would never see it!

Here, i think you may enjoy this:

-9fA

Originally posted by English:

-9fA

Here, i think you may enjoy this:

-9fA

Excellent!! These guys weren't expecting a sense of humour from Lords, though, were they? MCC are not renown for laughing at themselves!

But yeah, if we only had the urn when we won it, we wouldn't see a lot of it. This way is best! You guys would only pour beer into it, or something like that.
Originally posted by dobophile:
It's all Greek to me.

What have the Greeks ever done for us?
Share 49ersWebzone