LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

The Sporting News 50 Greatest Coaches

Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Even Nellie could have won with the talent that Jackson had.

I wouldn't go that far. Nellie could have won with the Jordan bulls, but Nellie would have no idea what do with Shaq. He probably would have traded him.

LOL Ya probably. However, putting Jackson at #4 all time is just a complete and utter joke.

Jordan 0 rings without Phil same for Scottie, Rodman, Ho Grant, Ron Harper, etc.

Kobe 0 rings without Phil.

Shaq only one and that one came with Hall of Fame coach Pat Riley.

So it's not like any of the guys Phil coached actually proved they could win without him, its just assumed because they won so much with Phil.

Umm, Rodman has 5 rings. Heard of "The Bad Boys"?

Grant & Harper were contributing role players along for the ride that MJ/Pippen, Shaq & Kobe (yes, and Phil) took them on. Grant made one all-star team & Harper made none, hardly elite-status players, so I'm wondering why those names were added?
Bill Walsh has to be top 5 of all time coaches, and Top 3 in ProFootball if not number 1. He was so good that two of his teams won Superbowls without him on the team. Took a team that had nothing, zero and within 3 seasons world champs. All around, you will not find a better Pro Football Coach ever!!
Originally posted by 49erJim:
Bill Walsh has to be top 5 of all time coaches, and Top 3 in ProFootball if not number 1. He was so good that two of his teams won Superbowls without him on the team. Took a team that had nothing, zero and within 3 seasons world champs. All around, you will not find a better Pro Football Coach ever!!

Originally posted by King49er:

Originally posted by Fhysical:
Originally posted by King49er:

I was impressed by Phil when he got the 2006-2007 Laker team in the playoffs. I think this team only had Kobe.

On Walsh: I consider him to be THE greatest coach ever. He built such a strong team and system that it was in auto pilot for a few years after Walsh retired.
where is Dennis Erickson???
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
where is Dennis Erickson???

He's number 0!
Share 49ersWebzone