There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NBA All-Decade Teams (90's & 00's)

• sarpp
  • Info N/A
The Dream should be on the 1st team i/o /Shaq...
Originally posted by crzy:
Dirk is soft. And yes, my impression of Dirk is obviously a bit biased, since I watched him cower against the likes of Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson.

Dirk is one of the most unique talents basketball has ever seen, but if you're telling me to start a basketball team, I'll take Webber over Dirk 100 times out of 100.

Over the course of their entire careers, I take Webber too. In the 2000's? Definitely Nowitzki.
Originally posted by dobophile:
^ Dominant, but assisted by questionable officiating. Dude has always been a traveling, offensive fouling machine . . . regardless of whether the refs blew their whistles.

I'm talking about Shaq, not Dirk.

Shaq also got hacked at a ton without whistles in his favor. Easily the most difficult player to officiate that I've ever seen. Shaq did the same things that everyone else did, but it looked a lot worse when he did it because guys would go flying. Defenders would also grab and push on him in ways that would be obvious fouls against other players, but it wouldn't be called because it wouldn't move Shaq off of his position. He definitely dished out his punishment, but he took a ton of it too.

I don't get the traveling part.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by dobophile:
^ Dominant, but assisted by questionable officiating. Dude has always been a traveling, offensive fouling machine . . . regardless of whether the refs blew their whistles.

I'm talking about Shaq, not Dirk.

Shaq also got hacked at a ton without whistles in his favor. Easily the most difficult player to officiate that I've ever seen. Shaq did the same things that everyone else did, but it looked a lot worse when he did it because guys would go flying. Defenders would also grab and push on him in ways that would be obvious fouls against other players, but it wouldn't be called because it wouldn't move Shaq off of his position. He definitely dished out his punishment, but he took a ton of it too.

I don't get the traveling part.

Well, he sure as hell wasn't dribbling the ball!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
Dirk is soft. And yes, my impression of Dirk is obviously a bit biased, since I watched him cower against the likes of Matt Barnes and Stephen Jackson. Dirk is one of the most unique talents basketball has ever seen, but if you're telling me to start a basketball team, I'll take Webber over Dirk 100 times out of 100.
Over the course of their entire careers, I take Webber too. In the 2000's? Definitely Nowitzki.

fair enough i guess.

id still take 90s hakeem over 90s shaq though, just because he had 2 titles in the decade and shaq didnt win untill 00. hakeem also swept shaqs magic in the finals.