LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 329 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs Cotto Nov 14 in Las Vegas...

Originally posted by ianna:
It's time for Mayweather. This win feels like Superbowl. Niners let me down all the time but Manny makes up for it. Go Pacman!

really? he means that much to you guys?
Originally posted by teeohh:
It's time for Mayweather. This win feels like Superbowl. Niners let me down all the time but Manny makes up for it. Go Pacman!

for real, i like to see him fight, but superbowl? maybe you haven't been alive for one or something but theres nothing like that.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:

for real, i like to see him fight, but superbowl? maybe you haven't been alive for one or something but theres nothing like that.

He's probably Filipino like myself. I'm loving this feeling right now.
For some reason, I was rooting for Manny. Have some Filipino friends here. Manny literally fought his way out of the slums.

[ Edited by RogerCraig on Nov 14, 2009 at 22:23:55 ]
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
For some reason, I was rooting for Manny. Have some Filipino friends here. Manny literally fought his way out of the slums.

Why people continue to doubt Pacquaio is amazing.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

Why people continue to doubt Pacquaio is amazing.

De La Hoya = Washed up
Hatton = Overrated

The next excuse will be that Cotto's a washed up fighter that never recovered from the Margarito beating. You can bet on that.

Also... who would have guessed that Manny would perform Ali's rope-a-dope tactic on Cotto. When I saw him do that I was like WTF, he's got balls!
Manny Pacquiao with 7 muthafawkin belts in 7 muthafawkin classes!!

You cant see this shiet dawg!!!

FILIPINO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sharkbait
  • Info N/A
Who taught cotto how to bob and weave? Rihanna? hahahha

Pinoy pride! To answer your question, yes, he means that much to me. Unless you're a Filipino you would not know how it feels every time he won.

Congrats to Manny for entering legendary status.

The first four rounds had it all. Amazing stuff from BOTH fighters. Cotto fought a great 1st round and use his jab to keep Manny at bay.

Manny's rope-a-dope was completely unexpected. He took Cotto's best shots and he never loss focus.

This fight should have been stopped in the 9th or 10th round. From round 6-12, Manny looked like Sugar Ray Leonard, just bouncing up and down, throwing every punch known to man and landing at will. Speed and Power from both hands. I told people before this fight that size really doesn't matter. What does matter is SKILL and SPEED.

Pac impresses me every time I see him fight. I don't even know if he is actually in his prime- he could be just scratching the surface.

Pacman vs Pretty Boy fight would be absolutely epic.....I'm talking Leonard vs Hearns epic..... The two greatest fighters of this generation with completely opposite styles going toe-to-toe. I need to find some vacation time because when this fight goes down, I wanna be there to witness it.

Yes, this was like a Super Bowl win. 7th title in 7 different weight classes and only Manny Pacquiao has accomplished this in the history of boxing- that's legendary.

You don't have to be Pinoy to enjoy this victory: Manny's style is just appreciated by even the casual boxing fan, much like Tyson and RJJ.

[ Edited by DesiDez on Nov 15, 2009 at 00:44:44 ]
i'm glad the ref stopped it before it went to decision. Manny deserved the notch in the KO column for that performance.

Cotto had absolutely NO head movement. Has he always fought like that? IT's been a while since I saw one of his fights.
Not a big boxing fan these days however I was incredibly impressed by Pacquaio. The guy has incredibly fast hands and feet and I was surprised by the power he had against a bigger man.

Mayweather will be a tough matchup but I wouldnt bet against Manny after watching this fight.
there any highlights anywhere?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Anyone got a link to re-watch the fight??
Share 49ersWebzone