LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Beckham booed, confronts fan in Galaxy vs AC Milan friendly match

• VDSF
  • Veteran
CARSON, California (AP) -- David Beckham received an ugly reception in his first home game back with the Los Angeles Galaxy, first getting booed then confronting a fan at halftime of his team's 2-2 draw with Italian club AC Milan on Sunday.

Anti-Beckham sentiment ran high as the English star returned after missing half of the Major League Soccer season while on a five-month loan to AC Milan. He was clearly angered by the frequent booing and derisive banners held up in a corner of the stadium where one of the team's fan groups sits.

"I'm not disappointed. It doesn't affect me," he said. "You can't be liked by everyone."

The homemade signs all had messages directed at Beckham. "Go home fraud" read one, with a red slash through his No. 23 jersey number. Another said, "23: Repent," while another read, "Hey Becks, Here Before You, Here After You, Here Despite You." Another read, "Is evil something u are...or something u do."

At halftime, Beckham walked toward the L.A. Riot Squad section and motioned to a fan to come closer. A man jumped down from the seats and was subdued by security before being taken away.

"One of the guys was saying things that wasn't very nice. It was stepping over the line," Beckham said. "I said, `You need to calm down and come shake my hand,' and he jumped over."

The man was arrested by Cal State Dominguez Hills police for trespassing because he left the seating area, a Home Depot Center spokeswoman said.

Link
He deserves it. The b***h goes and whines about wanting to play elsewhere and not come back. Then he forces Galaxy management and gets loaned to the EU club for 5 months. Now he acts surprised when he comes back?

Reminds me of what Jay Cutler did early in this NFL offseason.
Nobody should do that to The goat
"come shake my hand"... yea, I'm sure thats what he said to the fan
Originally posted by bigfan:

you don't believe him. I most certainly do.
Originally posted by Thizz415:

cuz thats what you would have said to someone telling you how much you suck and that they could kick your butt? riiiiight

cuz thats what you would have said to someone telling you how much you suck and that they could kick your butt? riiiiight

it was a joke.

it was a joke.

sarcasm? what is this sarcasm you speak of?
  • Brew
  • Veteran

it was a joke.

sarcasm: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm

Originally posted by Brew:

it was a joke.

sarcasm: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm

LOL..thanks brew
  • Brew
  • Veteran

it was a joke.

LOL..thanks brew

who was a bigger dud, Beckham or Adu playing in the MLS?
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoNiners:

both
Originally posted by GoNiners:

both

But Beckham was already established as a good player. Adu was nothing but hype and people fell for it.
Share 49ersWebzone