There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post your All-MLB Starting Rotation

Let's have some fun here, post your top-5 pitchers, in order, currently in the MLB.

I will, for fun, post my top-5 in each league 1st

NL

1. Tim Lincecum - Nevermind that I'm a Giants fan, the argument here isn't "How is he the #1 pitcher?" but instead, "How is he not?"
2. Dan Haren - Has been dominant all season, ridiculous ERA along witha 9-5 record, 129 K's, and has been pitching lights-out since 2007
3. Chris Carpenter - Flat-out dominant from 2004 to 2006, he's been slowed down by injuries the last couple of years, but seems to be back in form this season, and although he could be lower in my top-5, I feel just fine placing him here.
4. Johan Santana - You say "Wait! WHAT?!?!?! " So I ask you to remember that before his struggles this season, he was arguably the most dominant pitcher in the game. Look at his numbers throughout the years: NASTY. Still has managed to win 10 games this season (vs 7 losses), a 3.09 ERA, and a .232 BA against among other impressive stats. Furthermore, in a playoff series, you bet your ass you'd wanting him in your rotation.
5. This one was tough: have to choose between Matt Cain, Yovani Gallardo, and Josh Johnson. I'll go with Cain, whose career numbers should be alot better, but aren't because of lack of run-support the past 2 seasons. With run support this season, he's show how dominant he can be, going 10-2 at the AS break.

Honorable mention to: Gallardo, Johnson, Adam Wainwright

AL

1. Roy Halladay - Year after year, simply dominates, it's just too bad the Jays never make the playoffs.
2. Josh Beckett - Having another great year, not only is he filthy but also proven in playoff situations. Similar to Halladay, I really don't feel like I have to make a case here.
3. Felix Hernandez - Quickly becoming one of the best pitchers in the game, after having a disappointing season last year he's comeback slimmer, nastier, and more determined. The King is 9-3 with a 2.53 ERA and 121 K's this season, earning him an All-Star bid
4. Justin Verlander - Forget last year, the whole Tigers organization was downright awful! (Remember how they were supposed to be in the WS?) Verlander is back in form, gassing the fastball, and working fools with his breaking stuff. 55-38 for his career, but again, take away last year and that record is actually 44-21.
5. Zack Greinke - Because he's been too much of a great story this season to be left off this list. It's not like he doesn't deserve it either, his ERA finally went over 2 like a couple of weeks ago (and is currently sitting at 2.12), 129K's to 21 BB (read that again, now read it again, get it, comprehend it, ok now stop drooling and continue reading), oh yeah, and he's 10-5 this season, tied for 2nd most in the AL.

ML

1. Lincecum
2. Halladay
3. Beckett
4. Haren
5. Carpenter

Your turn zoners
[ Edited by Conejo on Jul 12, 2009 at 12:57 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yovani Gallardo, not Giovanni.

Originally posted by jrg:

DAMN YOU
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Conejo:

DAMN YOU

lincicum
halladay
Harden
Greinke
verlander

best pitching rotation in this decade
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lincicum
halladay
Harden
Greinke
verlander

Assuming you meant Haren.
Beckett, Lincecum, Halladay, Carpenter, Santana
[ Edited by PA9erFaithful on Jul 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lincicum
halladay
Harden
Greinke
verlander

If Harden could ever have stayed healthy then yes he probably could have been included in this.
1. Lincecum
2. Halladay
3. Haren
4. Greinkie
5. Santana

/end thread
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
1. Lincecum
2. Halladay
3. Haren
4. Greinkie
5. Santana

/end thread

End thread?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
1. Lincecum
2. Halladay
3. Haren
4. Greinkie
5. Santana

/end thread

End thread?

there's no debate left man this is the all mlb starting rotation.

1. Tim Lincecum
2. Zack Greinke
3. Dan Haren
4. Josh Beckett
5. Matt Cain
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
1. Tim Lincecum
2. Zack Greinke
3. Dan Haren
4. Josh Beckett
5. Matt Cain

You can't tell me you'd rather have Matt Cain over Roy Halladay and Johan Santana.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
1. Tim Lincecum
2. Zack Greinke
3. Dan Haren
4. Josh Beckett
5. Matt Cain

You can't tell me you'd rather have Matt Cain over Roy Halladay and Johan Santana.

and Josh Beckett over Halladay and Santana too.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
1. Tim Lincecum
2. Roy Halladay
3. Félix Hernández
4. Zack Greinke
5. Dan Haren