LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

UFC 100 Predictions

UFC 100 Predictions

Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Bisping / GSP/Lesnar

I liked Mir but after hearing his post match interviews, he's too cocky and seems overconfident, angering Brock Lesnars ex steriod ass.

Acting as if he could actually box with Brock.

Crazy and Mir would get ktfo

Yeah Mir and Bisping are huge trash talkers. Regardless if Brock was in the WWE...he was a world class athlete prior in collegiate wrestling, and you can't discount that.

Did you guys hear Mir backing up his standup skills because he KO'd Nogueria? He beat up an old and washed up 40 yr+ old Nog who's probably been in twice as many fights and taken way more hits to the head than 31 yr old Mir. He should be thanking Fedor for softening up Nog for him like 4-6 years ago in their epic battles in Pride.

yeah, I don't know if Mir's trying to sell the fight, psyche out Lesnar to thinking he's going to stand with him when he probably won't, or if he's really that overconfident and a douchenozzle.

Do you really need to hype up a card titled ''UFC 100''?
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Hendo beats Bisping. Alves KO's GSP. Lesnar GNPs Mir.

Lesnar ALMOST had Mir, just got too excited and couldn't finish him. I don't think I would fault him for that, it was his debut in the UFC. I think its gonna be a way different fight now.

Exactly what I was thinking. Lesnar is just too strong and quick for Mir. I picture Lesnar taking it to the ground quick before Mir gets comfortable with standing up, a mistake the Nogueira made.

I just can't, in good conscience, root for Lesnar. If he wins, I lose respect for the UFC. The guy just spends the entire fight sitting on people and throwing non-damaging punches. I hope Mir chokes him out.

Non-damaging punches? Did you see Mir's face after their first fight. His face was jacked after less than 2 minutes. Heath Herring's face was jacked. Randy even said in his post fight interview how heavy Brocks hammer fists were. A lot of people say they can't root for Lesnar because they say he never earned it, but look at the guy. Physically, he's everything you look for in an MMA fighter. He just needs to learn some jui jitsu defense and some standup.

I was mostly just referring to the dinky hammer punches he was throwing when Mir was on the ground. No doubt Lesnar hits like a wrecking ball....still, I just can't get behind him. He still acts likes it wrestling after his wins, when he's being interviewed by Rogan.

You understand that he was an NCAA national champion in wrestling right?

A lot of the MMA greats have heavy college wrestling backgrounds...Couture, Hendo, Evans, Coleman, etc...

No?! Really?! I had noes ideas! I was obviously referring to WWE when I said he acts like a wrestler when he wins. How does an NCAA wrestler act after a win, exactly?

Thanks for the MUCH needed history lesson though. I will look into this Couture guy. He sounds super cool.

Doesn't everyone act foolish after a win in the UFC? GSP doing backflips, Lyoto jumping up on the cage screaming his lungs out, Lil Heathen running and slamming his head straight into the cage?

There's no need to be sarcastic....what Brock did to Herring after he jacked him up was just the aftermath of all the smack talk Herring was laying down on Brock prior to their fight.

I think you, like many others, have been corralled into Brock's WWE background too much.

There's a difference between being excited about a win, and talking like a pro wrestler when you're talking to Joe Rogan. No corralling here. I understand exactly what he is.

I hear--I've never noticed it especially after his Couture fight. But no doubt ingrained in him during his WWE days as they were always in front of the camera with a mic in hand yapping away.
Bisping / GSP/Lesnar

I liked Mir but after hearing his post match interviews, he's too cocky and seems overconfident, angering Brock Lesnars ex steriod ass.

Yeah Mir and Bisping are huge trash talkers. Regardless if Brock was in the WWE...he was a world class athlete prior in collegiate wrestling, and you can't discount that.

Did you guys hear Mir backing up his standup skills because he KO'd Nogueria? He beat up an old and washed up 40 yr+ old Nog who's probably been in twice as many fights and taken way more hits to the head than 31 yr old Mir. He should be thanking Fedor for softening up Nog for him like 4-6 years ago in their epic battles in Pride.

yeah, I don't know if Mir's trying to sell the fight, psyche out Lesnar to thinking he's going to stand with him when he probably won't, or if he's really that overconfident and a douchenozzle.

I don't know what to expect in this fight. I'm guessing Brock will try to stand up until he really hurts Mir and then do the GNP. I think maybe Mir will stand up and utilize leg kicks, frustrate Brock and get them both to the ground while he's still 100%.
Bisping / GSP/Lesnar

I don't know what to expect in this fight. I'm guessing Brock will try to stand up until he really hurts Mir and then do the GNP. I think maybe Mir will stand up and utilize leg kicks, frustrate Brock and get them both to the ground while he's still 100%.

Brock stands up with Mir for a little bit. He takes him down at will, stays side control the whole time and GNPs him.
Bisping / GSP/Lesnar

Brock stands up with Mir for a little bit. He takes him down at will, stays side control the whole time and GNPs him.

I bet you Mir is studying Fedor's moves...especially the armbar Fedor accomplished on Hong Man Choi (whose arm's probably as big as Fedor's entire body).
Bisping / GSP/Lesnar

I bet you Mir is studying Fedor's moves...especially the armbar Fedor accomplished on Hong Man Choi (whose arm's probably as big as Fedor's entire body).

People are underestimating Mir's BJJ skills. Mir has always been the talkative type throughout his career.

Lesnar's nutsack must be quite intriguing since alot of people are grabbing it right now.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Bisping / GSP/Lesnar

People are underestimating Mir's BJJ skills. Mir has always been the talkative type throughout his career.

Lesnar's nutsack must be quite intriguing since alot of people are grabbing it right now.

cough to the left
I'm going for GSP, Hendo, and Mir.

I think Hendo is the only one who will win though.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I'm going for GSP, Hendo, and Mir.

I think Hendo is the only one who will win though.

That's who I'm rooting for, too, but I think GSP, Hendo, and Mir will win! Hooray optimism!
Nobody's giving Alves a shot?

I think he has a good chance.

He's stonger than GSP and pretty talented.

Yea, so far it's just you and me who think Alves beats GSP.

I wouldn't bet money any of the three main fights. But if I was forced to I'd go with GSP just because of his immaculate preparation and focus. He has probably the best training camp partners in MMA today.

Alves is talking like Thiago Silva was talking before was KTFO by Lyoto...,"I want to knock out GSP because he's the man, and I want to be the man!".
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Pro's picks

The thing about Alves is that he just wants to destroy you and gets overly excited and seems like he has no game plan but just to brawl. I remember before the GSP vs. Penn fight #2, GSP studied all the weak points on Penn and how to attack him, you don't hear the same from Alves.
My picks:

Hendo beats Bisping in the 2nd via stoppage from GNP
GSP beats Alves by decision
Mir beats Lesnar in the 2nd via submission

I'm rooting for Hendo/Mir/GSP too, so I'm a little biased. Also, I'm pissed we don't get Jon Jones on the main card.
Did you guys hear what Dana White said if Bisping defeats Hendo. If he does Bisping will get a shot at Anderson Silva's title.
Share 49ersWebzone