There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2009 MLB All Star Game/Home Run Derby Thread

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How did Yadier Molina make the all star game? lol He shouldn't even be in the game let alone starting. People like him and Navarro last season... I don't know how this s**t happens. The All Star game is a big joke anyways... In every sport.

Molina and Navarro both made it for their defense.

I'm watching an All Star game James... not a baseball mechanics instructional video.

And hes an All Star for his defensive play.

Defense is part of the game of baseball.

Yeah, but its not really a game that means anything though...

Its not like Molina is gonna give 100% effort out there, just coast like the rest of the individuals.



Whoever wins gets home field advantage in the WS.

So let the Red Sox/ Yankees play the Dodgers/ Phillies in the All Star game then.

So then the games best ALL STAR (Pujols) doesn't get to defend his league?

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How did Yadier Molina make the all star game? lol He shouldn't even be in the game let alone starting. People like him and Navarro last season... I don't know how this s**t happens. The All Star game is a big joke anyways... In every sport.

Molina and Navarro both made it for their defense.

I'm watching an All Star game James... not a baseball mechanics instructional video.

And hes an All Star for his defensive play.

Defense is part of the game of baseball.

Yeah, but its not really a game that means anything though...

Its not like Molina is gonna give 100% effort out there, just coast like the rest of the individuals.



Whoever wins gets home field advantage in the WS.

Best team should win the WS regardless of being home or not....

AL has been killing the NL in the all-star games for home field, but equal number of teams have won the world series.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How did Yadier Molina make the all star game? lol He shouldn't even be in the game let alone starting. People like him and Navarro last season... I don't know how this s**t happens. The All Star game is a big joke anyways... In every sport.

Molina and Navarro both made it for their defense.

I'm watching an All Star game James... not a baseball mechanics instructional video.

And hes an All Star for his defensive play.

Defense is part of the game of baseball.

Yeah, but its not really a game that means anything though...

Its not like Molina is gonna give 100% effort out there, just coast like the rest of the individuals.



Whoever wins gets home field advantage in the WS.

Best team should win the WS regardless of being home or not....

AL has been killing the NL in the all-star games for home field, but equal number of teams have won the world series.

I agree the best MLB team should get home field in the WS, but unfortunately thats not how it is..and the MLB has to make the All Star Game look important somehow.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
How did Yadier Molina make the all star game? lol He shouldn't even be in the game let alone starting. People like him and Navarro last season... I don't know how this s**t happens. The All Star game is a big joke anyways... In every sport.

Molina and Navarro both made it for their defense.

I'm watching an All Star game James... not a baseball mechanics instructional video.

And hes an All Star for his defensive play.

Defense is part of the game of baseball.

Yeah, but its not really a game that means anything though...

Its not like Molina is gonna give 100% effort out there, just coast like the rest of the individuals.



Whoever wins gets home field advantage in the WS.

Best team should win the WS regardless of being home or not....

AL has been killing the NL in the all-star games for home field, but equal number of teams have won the world series.

I agree the best MLB team should get home field in the WS, but unfortunately thats not how it is..and the MLB has to make the All Star Game look important somehow.

Roid them up

Yeah, I dont know how you can make the all star game better.

Football, Hockey, and Basketball you can run trick or gadget plays, take trick shots, and go for crazy dunks.

Players really cant do that in baseball
Downtown is loaded with people already
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 50,209
Brandon Inge

Originally posted by jrg:
Downtown is loaded with people already

For... the Rams fan convention?
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by jrg:
Downtown is loaded with people already

For... the Rams fan convention?



They just need to shut down football at the Edward Jones Dome and bring in a basketball team.
Never have HATED an all-star game so much.

Sandoval got screwed.



[ Edited by ninerempire25 on Jul 13, 2009 at 9:28 AM ]
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Never have HATED an all-star game so much.

Sandoval got screwed.




Hey dont worry, Pablo needs to rest the sore back anyways. Plus Timmy is starting, so all is good.
So, I'm downtown right now..and people down here are furious Zach Duke makes it over Wainwright..haha f**k zach duke
Originally posted by jrg:
So, I'm downtown right now..and people down here are furious Zach Duke makes it over Wainwright..haha f**k zach duke

actually Gallardo should have made the team if he hadn't made a start recently
Originally posted by jrg:
So, I'm downtown right now..and people down here are furious Zach Duke makes it over Wainwright..haha f**k zach duke

W-L ERA K Walks WHIP
8-8 3.29 65 32 1.21

I dont understand how you're an all star if you have a .500 record and are on the Pirates.

I woulda chose Wainright over him and Gallardo.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
Never have HATED an all-star game so much.

Sandoval got screwed.




Hey dont worry, Pablo needs to rest the sore back anyways. Plus Timmy is starting, so all is good.

What does he have a sore back from? Carrying the Giants?
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by jrg:
So, I'm downtown right now..and people down here are furious Zach Duke makes it over Wainwright..haha f**k zach duke

actually Gallardo should have made the team if he hadn't made a start recently

How do you figure? Wainwright has a better record 10-5 to 8-7, a better ERA 3.04 to 3.22, and isn't too far behind Gallardo in strikeouts so I don't see how Gallardo should be in over Wainwright.