There are 274 users in the forums

***Official 2009 Houston Rockets Off-Season Thread***

• TX9R
  • Veteran
This would be bad for Houston, but not the end of the world. Ariza isn't going to make or break anyone's team. After Hedo, this shows what verbal commitments mean.
Originally posted by TX9R:
This would be bad for Houston, but not the end of the world. Ariza isn't going to make or break anyone's team. After Hedo, this shows what verbal commitments mean.

I agree, he wont make or break a team, but i do have these verbal agreements, this moretorium or whatever its called before FA signings begin is useless, they should start signings on July 1st, like the NFL with march 1st.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
On ESPN 710AM here in LA, they're reporting that there are rumblings that Cleveland's going after Ariza and he may not honor his verbal commitment. Apparently the Notorious Mr. Lee (Ariza's agent) said, "no comment" when asked about Cleveland.

Yeap, I heard the exact same thing from this 7140 radio station. I like Ariza, but as long as Battier is on the team, well I'm ok. Thats why can't trade Battier until Ariza signs on the dotted line...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sarpp:
On ESPN 710AM here in LA, they're reporting that there are rumblings that Cleveland's going after Ariza and he may not honor his verbal commitment. Apparently the Notorious Mr. Lee (Ariza's agent) said, "no comment" when asked about Cleveland.

Yeap, I heard the exact same thing from this 7140 radio station. I like Ariza, but as long as Battier is on the team, well I'm ok. Thats why can't trade Battier until Ariza signs on the dotted line...

Actually I don't think anyone on this team is untradable. If we can get good young talent for Battier that makes sense, you trade him, Ariza or no Ariza. If it was possible I'd give up just about anything to get Rubio and be set at PG for 15 years.
Originally posted by sarpp:

Actually I don't think anyone on this team is untradable. If we can get good young talent for Battier that makes sense, you trade him, Ariza or no Ariza. If it was possible I'd give up just about anything to get Rubio and be set at PG for 15 years.

i think we maybe should of traded for the 2nd pick and got Rubio or Thabeet, or trade for Amare Stoudemire.
According to the Houston Chronicle, Ariza's agent said the press conference is scheduled for tommorow at 3 est.
You guys are better off going forward without Ariza and just aiming for a top pick.

Next year's draft is deep...Throw in a max-contract player and a vet or two who slip through the cracks of next year's free agent bonanza and you guys are in good shape.

Brooks, Landry, Scola are good complementary pieces.

If Yao does return in 2010 as healthy as he can be...not bad.
Ariza's Press Conference getting ready to start.

live on nba.com

http://www.nba.com/live1/
Also, rockets were granted Disabled Exception for Yao, and used it on Ariza.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/090708_rockets_ariza_yao
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

live on nba.com

Is he really wearing a purple tie???

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

live on nba.com

You have a serious problem. Or talent depending on how you look at it.

Either way, Morey once again showing why he's one of the best GMs in the league, dumping Artest for a similar, but younger less problematic player, while still not using the MLE (which was all Houston has to spend) meaning he still isn't done and we have magic money to spend. This means Yao - done for next year so that's decided. Good that we know this early and we don't have to go through the will he/ won't he like every year.
Prediction - Battier and fodder (Cook/one of the rooks) will be traded for a scorer or athletic big man. Another plus, with the shrinking cap for 2010 and beyond, only Yao (1yr) and Brooks are on the books for around 30M, making Housont one of the prime players in the big FA pool next summer. I would pencil in Bosh right now for 2010.

live on nba.com

Either way, Morey once again showing why he's one of the best GMs in the league, dumping Artest for a similar, but younger less problematic player, while still not using the MLE (which was all Houston has to spend) meaning he still isn't done and we have magic money to spend. This means Yao - done for next year so that's decided. Good that we know this early and we don't have to go through the will he/ won't he like every year.
Prediction - Battier and fodder (Cook/one of the rooks) will be traded for a scorer or athletic big man. Another plus, with the shrinking cap for 2010 and beyond, only Yao (1yr) and Brooks are on the books for around 30M, making Housont one of the prime players in the big FA pool next summer. I would pencil in Bosh right now for 2010.

Your panties sure are in a bunch today, aren't they? Do you really see nothing wrong with him wearing his former team's colors during his new team's PC? Something is seriously wrong with YOU if you don't. Besides your panty issue, that is.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

live on nba.com

Your panties sure are in a bunch today, aren't they? Do you really see nothing wrong with him wearing his former team's colors during his new team's PC? Something is seriously wrong with YOU if you don't. Besides your panty issue, that is.

Proving my points again and again. Shall I clam you up yet again with facts like I did earlier about big city talk? Either way, done here, I know how you like to hand out warnings when your feelings get hurt. And since the rules on getting personal don't seem to apply to you, there is no point in continuing.

live on nba.com

Proving my points again and again. Shall I clam you up yet again with facts like I did earlier about big city talk? Either way, done here, I know how you like to hand out warnings when your feelings get hurt. And since the rules on getting personal don't seem to apply to you, there is no point in continuing.

Name one thing I said that was personal. You guys really should learn the rules.

Jeez, take this on your way out:
Why even post in this thread Stoney who cares what ariza is wearing anyways?
Share 49ersWebzone